STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

but when you guys eat out, you know you dont have to eat bad stuff right?. just pay attention to the menu and what makes sense. if all else fails, like say you go to an italian restaurant, then just limit your portion, say 'this is how much I'm going to eat, and I'll bag up the rest'.

It was Korean BBQ (about the only time I eat out aside from Souplantation) wherever I go though, I do take calories into account when I can. I'm a snob like that, I weigh my foods and control my portions at home.

I didn't stuff myself to the point of feeling guilty, as I said it was my only meal of the day, but I guess it's in part to me becoming so comfortable with eating here at home most times that I shame myself even more when I eat anywhere else, when I'm not in control :\

I guess that's somewhat of a good problem to have, right? RIGHT?! :lol:

I'm 5'9"-5'10" and I finally cracked 170lbs a week or two ago. I'm currently at 173. Going to get up to a steady 180lbs and then cutting back down to around ~170lbs. Can't wait to shed this gut I've developed during this bulk :lol:

yup been bulking and my strength has gone up but this belly, especially since ive been getting bloated as hell :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'm 5'9"-5'10" and I finally cracked 170lbs a week or two ago. I'm currently at 173. Going to get up to a steady 180lbs and then cutting back down to around ~170lbs. Can't wait to shed this gut I've developed during this bulk :lol:

yup been bulking and my strength has gone up but this belly, especially since ive been getting bloated as hell :x :x :x :x :x :x

you guys doing clean bulks, or just straight eating everything you see?

Relatively clean bulks but could be better. My diet usually consists of

Breakfast: Bacon,Egg & Cheese on multigrain or oatmeal and hardboiled eggs

Snacks: Nature valley peanut granola bar

Lunch: Leftovers from Dinner, yogurt

Dinner: Meat with fat trimmed off (steak, chicken, tilapia, pork chop, salmon) + veggies (broccoli, corn, okra) + carbs (brown rice or pasta)

Not the best diet but I've cut out all drinks except water, beer
mean.gif
, decaf coffe
mean.gif
, and green tea. I also use olive oil in all my cooking needs.

It just looks awful because I'm still relatively cut all around but I just got a gut that sticks out when viewed from the side. I can't even see abs anymore
mean.gif
. Plus like Zyzz said, I get bloated easily especially after I eat.

Can't wait to be done with this bulk and go on a cut to start seeing some definition
nthat.gif

Relatively clean bulks but could be better. My diet usually consists of

Breakfast: Bacon,Egg & Cheese on multigrain or oatmeal and hardboiled eggs
Snacks: Nature valley peanut granola bar
Lunch: Leftovers from Dinner, yogurt
Dinner: Meat with fat trimmed off (steak, chicken, tilapia, pork chop, salmon) + veggies (broccoli, corn, okra) + carbs (brown rice or pasta)

Not the best diet but I've cut out all drinks except water, beer:smh: , decaf coffe :smh: , and green tea. I also use olive oil in all my cooking needs.

It just looks awful because I'm still relatively cut all around but I just got a gut that sticks out when viewed from the side. I can't even see abs anymore :smh: . Plus like Zyzz said, I get bloated easily especially after I eat.

Can't wait to be done with this bulk and go on a cut to start seeing some definition :nthat:

ohok i see, well i definitely counted a few things that'll make you bloat no doubt, broccoli, pasta, beer, but if the fat you're putting on isn't too bad for you, then i guess your diet isnt too bad. could def be tweaked tho :D

^Bacon will also add to the bloating because of all the salt and sodium, but if you count your calories you can get good gains with minimal added fat.

I cant wait to be done cutting and start bulking. Being in between a endo and meso will finally pay off then 
pimp.gif

how long did it take you guys to master your power clean form? I just started doing hang cleans to get the motion going, but I tried a full power clean from the bottom (mind you, I'm using an empty barbell) and when I swing the bar up and jump, I find myself jumping too damn high.

ohok i see, well i definitely counted a few things that'll make you bloat no doubt, broccoli, pasta, beer, but if the fat you're putting on isn't too bad for you, then i guess your diet isnt too bad. could def be tweaked tho
happy.gif
 Oh yeah, my diet could be a lot better
laugh.gif
 But I'm guilty, I got my vices. I figured if i can cut out a good portion of the bad stuff (sweets, juices/sodas, etc) i'll be fine. I actually don't mind the gut too much, its something I'm fine with until I cut. Once I start seriously focusing on cutting fat out
devil.gif
 Game over for the yambs

Man these last ten or so pounds are the hardest tho, lower belly fat is stubborn as a ***** 
mad.gif

Any help on exercises or workouts for arms and chest mainly? I don't feel like going through all 53 pages of this thread :lol:

How do you guys control your hunger so you don't overeat?

Drink water. Chew gum.

how long did it take you guys to master your power clean form? I just started doing hang cleans to get the motion going, but I tried a full power clean from the bottom (mind you, I'm using an empty barbell) and when I swing the bar up and jump, I find myself jumping too damn high.

Does your gym have olympic plates? If youre using an empty barbell its going to be very difficult to get the form precise. Its expected to jump higher than normal because there isnt a resistance to hold you down.

If you can do a hang power clean, then the power clean should come along quickly. Its a deadlift into a hang power clean.

i was just lookin at the site for Planet fitness and came across the membership details.. what is Unlimited fiteness training at Planet Fitness??

562: K-BBQ is worth every single calorie, my friend.

Broke my diet recently. Feels good and bad at the same time. Usually give myself two the three days of free eating after a strict dietary regimen for eight to ten weeks.

day 3 of IF. hope i get used to it soon. that period around 3 hours before i eat is kind of crappy in a very hungry kind of way.

Eat foods lower in calories with a high satiety value. This includes "clean" foods. I don't really consider foods clean/dirty since I count macros towards my caloric goal. Rice cakes and a lot of veggies are great while on a cut. Walden Farms 0 calorie sauces will become your best friend when trying to eat chicken breasts over and over again as well.

any of you guys take a Test booster? Bodybuilding has APE on BOGO.

Tests boosters don't work since they don't actually increase natural test in the body

Last edited:
day 3 of IF. hope i get used to it soon. that period around 3 hours before i eat is kind of crappy in a very hungry kind of way.

At first I was like this, at the end of the first week or so it wasn't an issue any longer. When my gut makes noises I shut it up with cold water. Now I can do 24-48 hour fasts without a hitch, I'm finishing up my 17th week on Friday without ever really **** ing up with my meals when it comes to feeding window.

Eat foods lower in calories with a high satiety value. This includes "clean" foods. I don't really consider foods clean/dirty since I count macros towards my caloric goal. Rice cakes and a lot of veggies are great while on a cut. Walden Farms 0 calorie sauces will become your best friend when trying to eat chicken breasts over and over again as well.

What Walden Farms sauce did you get that you like?  I actually tried the Alfredo and Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce a few weeks ago because I tried that Miracle Noodle 0 calorie pasta and the Alfredo one was disgusting. The Tomato Basil one was ok. 

What Walden Farms sauce did you get that you like?  I actually tried the Alfredo and Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce a few weeks ago because I tried that Miracle Noodle 0 calorie pasta and the Alfredo one was disgusting. The Tomato Basil one was ok. 

I don't really like them per se since they're basically imitation sauces sweetened with sucralose. They're good enough for me when on a cut since they're very low cal sauces (close to 0) and add some flavor back into chicken/salad. Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches dipped in walden farms chocolate syrup satisfied my sweet tooth really well while only adding ~100-150 cals to my daily cal intake. They come in popular salad dressing flavors along with pancake & chocolate syrup as well. Check the website for store locator, or check your "healthy/supplement" aisle of your local chain grocery store.

Shirataki noodles/pasta are also a great replacement to real noodles/pasta in carb heavy dishes since they're very filling. They have minimal carbs because they're made from tofu and a package (2 servings) only contain about 40 calories (your store's products may differ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom