STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i personally wouldn't do crossfit because they seem to emphasize more on speed/times than proper form...and cause they charge $100/mo :x

I walked up to use the cable machine today and this old dude shouted from halfway across the gym that he was using it....while he was sitting down doing curls 
mad.gif
 I wanted to choke his old *** out right then and there.

Alright gents, need a pre-workout supplement to get me going. Last one I took was NO XPLODE when it first dropped, now I'm hearing that the formula has changed and it's not the same.
How's Jacked?
Any other suggestions.
 Used to take Jacked. It was alright, I think it was more placebo than anyhing. You're going to have to cycle it or gradually increase your dosage over time because your body gets used to it.

I never really use PWO supplements. Stuff is poison. IMO, a good nights rest and a good diet plus some protein shakes in there is all you need.

Feel great today! I woke up at 8:45 (which is very early as apposed to my regular 11:00 wake up) and started following a guide from the "omg diet". Please don't lecture me as I'm not following it completely just taking parts I know have worked for me in the past and applying them to my daily schedule. Here is my day as followed.

1. Wake up 8:45
2. (don't eat breakfast first)
3. I drank a very strong cup of coffee (this is part of the "omg diet") Here is an exert taken from several sites. "Studies show that caffeine speeds up the metabolism by 10%. It increases the heart rate and the flow of blood. A 2011 study concluded that coffee assists fat loss. As soon as coffee is digested, it stimulates the release of fats into the blood, which then become the body’s primary energy source before it reverts to using its limited stores of carbohydrate for fuel."
4. Swim workout (freestyle laps and "running in water")
5. Cold shower (I'm sure you know about the effects of a completely cold shower, I used no heat just cold all the way through)
6. Multi vitamins and a 4 egg omelette with cheese, peppers and onions, water as my drink.
7. Here I am now, about to go work on some clients restorations.

Overall I think I'm going to stick with this regimen (breakfast will change every now and then) but it will be mainly protein based, with a few carbs/good fats. I feel very refreshed and awake, no to mention I've already had 2 bowel movements so I know my furnace is burning. Any questions, thoughts or critiques are always welcome!

Keep up the good work guys!

i been eating egg whites for a month straight 6 a day 1 whole egg. i hate the feeling it feels batman. 
sick.gif
 i don't think i could keep up like this. i need to get the same amount of protein from somewhere else. i gained 2 lbs 

i been eating egg whites for a month straight 6 a day 1 whole egg. i hate the feeling it feels batman. :x  i don't think i could keep up like this. i need to get the same amount of protein from somewhere else. i gained 2 lbs 

eating it how? like drinking it on some rocky ****? you know thats gross right? why dont you just scramble the whites?

i always scramble them even add cheese and bacon or ham sometimes. still feel like 
sick.gif
 after getting ready to start my day. 

so if you eat regular eggs (yoke in) you have no prob? maybe you just shouldn't eat eggs. what other protein sources are you consuming?

i always scramble them even add cheese and bacon or ham sometimes. still feel like :x  after getting ready to start my day. 

yea eggs re tough because after awhile they tend to taste gross. i was eating them like crazy when i was cutting 5-6 egg whites and 1 yolk scrambled. delicious at first but after a month you tend to get sick of it :x

i been eating egg whites for a month straight 6 a day 1 whole egg. i hate the feeling it feels batman. :x  i don't think i could keep up like this. i need to get the same amount of protein from somewhere else. i gained 2 lbs 
Mix it up, get some oatmeal in there, great source of protein also good complex carbs. There are other ways to consume protein for breakfast (or whenever) than eggs.

I'm 5'11, 185.
Not too fat but clearly could use improvement.
What should I do to lean up and gain muscle? Should I attempt both at the same time or try to lean up first then get muscle?

I'm 5'11, 185.
Not too fat but clearly could use improvement.
What should I do to lean up and gain muscle? Should I attempt both at the same time or try to lean up first then get muscle?

best time is now to gain muscle, with a little bit of mass and fat workout and gain some muscle then start to get lean.

Anyone have a good drink for congested cold? something that taste good please
My mother made me very hot green tea with a lemon wedge, honey and a couple tablespoons of cinnamon. It was crack 
nthat.gif
 The cinnamon is what really helps the congestion

At 231 right now trying to get down to 220-222 by November.. Been losing 7-8 lbs a month but it's time to kick it up

Deadlifted 205 the other day :pimp: :pimp:
Lifts have been going up :pimp: :pimp:
Havent been doing that much cardio :\
Havent been to BJJ in a month :\ :\

Overall: Not Bad :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm 5'10 and 150 pounds and lack any muscle. Save the lulz. I have no clue on which direction to go towards and really need to bulk up. I'm fed up on the shape of my body. Im willing to be very dedicated and willing and able to do anything, but steroids. Does anybody have any insight?

any of you guys have Foamy Piss from too much protein?

that would be your body undergoing ketosis. Unless you're trying to cut for a bodybuilding competition, i wouldnt recommend keto since it increases the acidity of your body, making ur piss more viscous and decreases ur immunity. i suggest eating more complex carbs.

I'm 5'10 and 150 pounds and lack any muscle. Save the lulz. I have no clue on which direction to go towards and really need to bulk up. I'm fed up on the shape of my body. Im willing to be very dedicated and willing and able to do anything, but steroids. Does anybody have any insight?'

Being the same height, Im only a little bit heavier than you (around 160) and its honestly a burden to gain and then to maintain a weight that is above optimal for your body. If you're really dedicated though, then you have to realize that diet is the most important component of a workout program so if you want to increase ur mass (no cuomo), overload on your benchpress, get ample rest and eat, sleep, and eat. Start with the most basic and most renowned major muscle exercises i.e. bench press, leg press etc. to establish a foundation on which you can build. Overload on your bench press (with a spotter) and try to go up each time. But getting your food intake down to a science is the most important step. All the diet tips have already been reiterated in this thread a million times so just read through the previous posts.

Last edited:
i always scramble them even add cheese and bacon or ham sometimes. still feel like :x  after getting ready to start my day. 

yea eggs re tough because after awhile they tend to taste gross. i was eating them like crazy when i was cutting 5-6 egg whites and 1 yolk scrambled. delicious at first but after a month you tend to get sick of it :x

I got sick of just eating eggs w/ ketchup so for a new recipe I added low fat sour cream, fat free cream cheese, 2% cheese and low cal salsa to my scrambled eggs (3 whole eggs/5 egg whites). I rarely get sick of it :nthat:

Real life for my NT brethren that wanna get strong and are looking for a job...get into the furniture moving business..

But on another note food n sleep are really the key to lifting I know that now

^Or go into constriction work, that was some of the best workout i ever got during a day on the job.

<< WHO IS READY FOR LEG DAY? THIS GUY IS

Man injuries really messing up my routine.
Strained my quad at my soccer game sunday....skipped legs monday....thats my favorite day too.

My mom is a personal trainer and she always told me I should be able to bench my wieght and squat double my weight. Anyone else know this to be true.

I am almost there :lol:
6 foot 175lbs....i haven't benched to fail in forever but i can 5 rep 160lbs. So thinking i could almost get 170 or 175 at least once.
I squat 250 normally for my "working sets". 7-8 reps 2 sets....guess I am going to need to try way harder on that one lol

Last edited:
quick question? eating a small bowl 1 1/2 cup of bran cereal with low fat milk and a fruit (apple,banana) and a six inch sub and a green tea top off with a granola bar (naturals the green package one) is this healthy ive been eating like this for about a month and a half and i lost weight plus a run on treadmill everyday 7.5 speed for 4miles and i lift. people even tell me i lost wieght but now my head looks huge so im trying to get muscle. AM I EATING RIGHT....

Man injuries really messing up my routine.
Strained my quad at my soccer game sunday....skipped legs monday....thats my favorite day too.

My mom is a personal trainer and she always told me I should be able to bench my wieght and squat double my weight. Anyone else know this to be true.

I am almost there :lol:
6 foot 175lbs....i haven't benched to fail in forever but i can 5 rep 160lbs. So thinking i could almost get 170 or 175 at least once.
I squat 250 normally for my "working sets". 7-8 reps 2 sets....guess I am going to need to try way harder on that one lol

You should be able to do more than that if you weight lift on the regular. No brag but at my peak, I could do sets (10-12 reps) of 225 lbs (so max around 250) while weighing in at 163 lbs. So Id say benching ur own weight should be like the standard benchmark for a compete set. As far as squatting, i think it can be even greater than 2:1 because ur legs are a lot stronger than your upper body and legs are the easiest to train imo.

Back
Top Bottom