STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Doe anyone here not have their bench as their weakest lift?

I lift with the same intensity on all my compounds but my bench is considerable behind my squats and deads.

Is my core weak or something?

I lift with the same intensity on all my compounds but my bench is considerable behind my squats and deads.

I have the same issue.  But I've chalked it up my chest just not being one of my strengths.

Anybody know how I can recover from a rotator cuff injury and how long it will take? I injured it about 1 month ago doing some shoulder presses and it still hurts every time I do the shoulder press motion (with out weight).

Should I opt for surgery? It's killing me because shoulders are my favorite muscle group to work out and I haven't been able to do them for a month.

For y'all who saying your benches don't go up, its because youre not progressively overloading.

Eat more, and progressively overload.

I've been bulking and my other lifts go up but I train by myself so progressively overloading is hard for me because I hate getting someone to spot me for 4 sets.

Your legs should be able to lift way more than your upper body.

@ matt, a good way to do it alone would be really focusing on time under tension & keeping the muscle under pressure when your targetting it.

ALWAYS use perfect form and concentrate, don't lift the weight with your joints you should consistently focus on that muscle doing the work.

And try this, don't really "rest" between sets. Keep the muscle under tension and while going for the usual amount of reps you do(with correct form) and concentration you may realize you can't do as many, its because you may have been using your joints to get the weight up and not focusing on really using the muscles your doing the exercise for.

Lower the weight if you feel the need, considering you should perfect your form before ever progressively overloading.

3 MAYBE 4 seconds to complete your movements is really all it takes.

And locking out isn't necessary, if your focused on the muscle staying under tension and doing the work rather then the joints, that's how you end up with tendon and joint problems later on.

This isn't actually a bad thing considering your legs are the largest muscle group of your body. When I was in college our team was training with a couple of former power lifters that held some world records at some point and I'll never forget one telling me,"If you can bench more than you can squat then you are doing something wrong".

This isn't actually a bad thing considering your legs are the largest muscle group of your body. When I was in college our team was training with a couple of former power lifters that held some world records at some point and I'll never forget one telling me,"If you can bench more than you can squat then you are doing something wrong".

i don't know if he was quite insinuating that, but the way i took it was that his squats and deadlifts are disproportionately more stronger than his bench. I'm this way also; I can rep over 500 lbs for deads and squats but 250 on bench for reps kills me, i still haven't gotten 315 up by myself :frown:

Alright gents, need a pre-workout supplement to get me going. Last one I took was NO XPLODE when it first dropped, now I'm hearing that the formula has changed and it's not the same.

How's Jacked?

Any other suggestions.

Anyone have a good trap workout? Shrugs arent cutting it and I need to build my traps up.

my new regiment has been 100 reps per workout 4 workouts per body part
legs
chest
back
shoulders
arms
off
off

I try doing 25-30 reps with a minute 30 seconds rest, I do this at the end of each month the first three weeks are 6-8 reps 4 minimum if I'm feeling good

cardio 25 minute sprints 2min on 1 min jog, twice a week and 2 normal paced jogs

my diet is pretty clean about 6 meals not including shakes cheat on the weekends to an extent

what is your goal with this regimen?

I failed to wake up after my nap to hit the gym, so now im thinking of going Tomm Morning.. You think i shouldve tried to go tonight or Should i eat anything before i go or just take a pre workout?

Anybody know how I can recover from a rotator cuff injury and how long it will take? I injured it about 1 month ago doing some shoulder presses and it still hurts every time I do the shoulder press motion (with out weight).
Should I opt for surgery? It's killing me because shoulders are my favorite muscle group to work out and I haven't been able to do them for a month.
is it arthroscopic surgery? if you're consistently active with working out and athletics, id do it. Otherwise its going to be a pain that doesnt go away and its always going to hinder your workouts

Last edited:
I failed to wake up after my nap to hit the gym, so now im thinking of going Tomm Morning.. You think i shouldve tried to go tonight or Should i eat anything before i go or just take a pre workout?

I would go if it doesn't interfere with your sleep later. Some quick carbs, usually some fruit, etc + pre-workout and I'm good to go. If the pre-workout is going to mess with your sleep, skip it or use a much lower dose.

Last edited:
Anyone in here train in the crossfit style?

Seems as if everyone just bodybuilds from what I've been reading.

I do a little bit of both, CrossFit is a great motivator if you do it as a group. The competetive juices start flowing, and you can power through a lot of workouts with that type of motivation.

Very cardio heavy, your cardio will improve immensely. It's a good change of pace as well.

Still do traditional, "bodybuilding" workouts as well.

Cross fit looks dangerous as hell to be honest.
From what i've seen they could give a **** about proper form.
I used to train tabata style but i've since stopped and become way more minimalistic
Deads, Squats, Bench, Pull Ups, Calf Raises.

Back
Top Bottom