STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

dude it was so funny when you kept telling Kip to kick you and then you slapped him hahaha. How's Darla btw?
laugh.gif

i heard this all night..and its Starla btw lol

lmaooo. I typed that too, dang auto correct, i aint eem know it. that's funny tho. where'd you wear them??
Churchill Downs..It was USA night

People kept askin me ?'s and wanted to take pics..seen a bunch of flag shirts but i was the only 1 with these pants
smokin.gif
 I also wear em in the gym too

Big Boss -- Rex Kwan Doe
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Do a standing verticle jump. However you can jump the highest, that's where your feet should be positioned on a deadlift.

im actually going to do deadlifts right now. everything you said sounds just about right but im no deadlift expert.
the most important thing is to never round your back. always look straight, never down. and try to keep the bar as close to your shins/body as possible.

Repped.

Did Legs yesterday.  My routine

Leg Extensions (4 sets)
Barbell Squats (4 sets)
Squat Press (4 sets). Better than the leg press IMO
Barbell Lunges (3 sets)
Stiff Leg DL (3 sets)
Standing Calf Raises (4 sets)
Seated Calf Raises (4 sets)
Lying Leg curls (3 sets)

Felt good after and finished with some pull-ups.

Today however, walking up the office stairs brings tears to my eyes..
roll.gif

That's a helluva lot of sets :wow:

Deadlift is mainly hamstrings and lower back though...

I think my problem was I was mimicking my squat form when it's completely different.

What's wrong with my DB shoulder press? A few days ago, I could put up 45 lbs in each hand up 10 sets of 10 reps, today I tried doing 50s and went 10-9-8-6-7 before I switched over to another exercise to hit the deltoids. My shoulders have been plateauing for a while now, and this isn't helping.

10x10 is a good amount of volume. Time for you to use more intensity (heavier weight) to drive strength gains. Look up "Dual Factor Training Theory", which suggests alternating Accumulation and Intensification phases. Accumulation phases use volume as the main stimulus, such as 10x10. Intensification phases use intensity (closer to 1RM, less volume) to cause adaptation. I'd suggest changing the rep scheme to something like 6 sets of 2-4 reps, increasing the weight once you complete 6x4 with a given weight. Once your gains slow down with this rep scheme, it's time to change back to accumulation methodology and change the movement.

For this to work, I'd suggest a slower tempo in the eccentric (negative) phase of the lift during an intensification phase (3-5 seconds eccentric for each rep).

Repped.
That's a helluva lot of sets :wow:
I think my problem was I was mimicking my squat form when it's completely different.

i also forgot to mention, i like to have a narrower (less than shoulder width) stance with my feet pointing out
i feel it helps me push threw my heels more

nice logo :smokin

Last edited:
i also forgot to mention, i like to have a narrower (less than shoulder width) stance with my feet pointing out
i feel it helps me push threw my heels more

nice logo :smokin

Your feet should be narrower than shoulder width, but feet pointing out makes it harder to lock out.

not feelin the logo but then again im not buying a shirt so my opinion doent count :lol:

I'll update you guys when I get home about the shirts. Meth reached out to me and the shirt company too. It's a bit more complex of a situation that I anticipated.

Pulled 500 last week, and I just started deadlifting seriously in March. Trying to hit 600 by December.

And I'm cutting, btw :\

Last edited:
I'll update you guys when I get home about the shirts. Meth reached out to me and the shirt company too. It's a bit more complex of a situation that I anticipated.

A Tee, in Nike font Bold Futura ala "BO KNOWS" but saying NT STRONG or NT KNOWS WEIGHTS with each word superimposed in front of the previous one would be great

Last edited:
Come on guys, there are too many creative people on here to go with the generic _____ strong slogan.

Whattt? Squats and DL on the same day? Keep on doing what you're doing cause I don't think I can handle half of that regime in a single work out. More power to you.

I used to do the same leg day. First day of my cycle. Those dead lifts can mess with your back day a little bit especially if you're doing lower back exercises. That's a solid workout though. Throw some abs in at the end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom