STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Destroyed shoulders, traps, and triceps today.

Shoulder was acting up, but I pushed through it. Adding in the HS Dip station for triceps as well, so I can have 12 total sets to isolate triceps per week.

As for traps, what are the programs you guys run?

Personally, I do DB Shrugs 4x8-15 depending on the week, followed by Shrugs on this 'Ground Base Squat' Hammer Strength machine. Anywhere from 77-105 rep total.

I'm about to go cop sthese Sony waterproof MP3 player hybrid headphones . My shuffle gets drenched during workouts and I can see corrosion starting nd don't want it to die when I need it. And I won't have to deal with wires. My lg tones are good but I don't like how they get in the way during squats

So the principle of conservation of mass is broscience yet your own personal experience isn't? Okay guy.

Way to destroy the context, GUY.

I admittedly said I'm not sure how it exactly works, but the only thing I have to go off his how my own experience worked for me. Also, notice the question mark after broscience which again shows that I don't spend time researching any of this to give him a scientific article on the subject.

No need to flex your muscle in this particular instance...Relax yourself.

Last edited:
Destroyed shoulders, traps, and triceps today.

Shoulder was acting up, but I pushed through it. Adding in the HS Dip station for triceps as well, so I can have 12 total sets to isolate triceps per week.

As for traps, what are the programs you guys run?

Personally, I do DB Shrugs 4x8-15 depending on the week, followed by Shrugs on this 'Ground Base Squat' Hammer Strength machine. Anywhere from 77-105 rep total.
barbell shrugs deads and farmer walks are my main trap work.

Way to destroy the context, GUY.

I admittedly said I'm not sure how it exactly works, but the only thing I have to go off his how my own experience worked for me. Also, notice the question mark after broscience which again shows that I don't spend time researching any of this to give him a scientific article on the subject.

No need to flex your muscle in this particular instance...Relax yourself.
time spent doing research is not time wasted.

farmer walks? where you just walk with heavy dmbells? :lol:
Ya...I do em primarily for my forearms but they hit the traps and posterior chain well. Very functional exercise too especially if your grow heavy add pumpkins

Exactly, theyre not useless at all. Personally, I love doing barbell curls with the smith machine. I can really get a good pump on my peak with a smith machine. Love that burn.

You just kind of proved how useless they are, :lol:

Need that big *** machine so you can get a pump on your barbell curls.

Simple question, if you're stalling out or plateauing, why WOULDN'T you add a small # like 2.5 on each side (5 lb total)? You know how many people jump up too high and either use ****** form on any given lift just to move it or flat out can't do it so they jump back down to what they're comfortable with? Food for thought...

5lbs is nothing on a deadlift. Bench? Yeah, 5lbs can feel like a lot, but DL? Cmon. If you cant progress putting on ATLEAST 10lbs (5 on each side) then you need to just get stronger over time.
Been touched upon, but for many its a mental hurdle. If you're not making progressive and sustained strength gains, 5 lbs per session adds up. Regardless of the lift.

Been doing that new Shaun T Workout Focus T25 for the past week and half, its a rough 25minutes of nonstop workout I must say.

Protein waffles from scratch, made some yesterday but they were too "eggy" added an extra scoop of protein and they came out perfect this time.

2 scoops vanilla protein, 6 tbsp of eggwhites, 2 tbsp of almond milk, 1 tsp of Baking powder, some dashes of cinnamon, some dashes of Stevia (you can use sugar if you want but I like Stevia because it has zero calories), some thawed frozen berries.

thanks my man, those look bomb, gonna try it out soon.

man I`m about to fall to my cravings and get some Del Taco smh I`ll probably just get enough where I hit maintenance for the day, and then eat at a deficit on Sat which is my normal cheat day.

can you elaborate? theres a more efficient way of getting big traps than traps exercises?
I think he's saying there are other exercises more worthwhile to overall athleticism/aesthetics.

This.

I really dont get the fascination with trap,bicep, forearm and to a lesser degree calf exercises.

For like 99% of people, theyre useless exerices and wasted time. I feel like theres a huge disconnect between why people exercise and the exercises that are done. Its a shame really.

This.

I really dont get the fascination with trap,bicep, forearm and to a lesser degree calf exercises.

For like 99% of people, theyre useless exerices and wasted time. I feel like theres a huge disconnect between why people exercise and the exercises that are done. Its a shame really.
so you dont believe in isolating muscle groups? while i do agree that with solid program of compound lifts will allow biceps, traps, and forearms to grow, but its still a good idea to work them out seperately, imo 

and for the most part, most people arent in the gym training for a sport or competition, they just like working out. aint nothing wrong with making gainz on them glamour muscles 

Back
Top Bottom