STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

hey NT, dont usually post in this thread but i have an interesting situation for anyone who as a good exercise background,

so i have a relative who had a total knee replacement and total hip replacement about 3 months ago. he is determined to lose weight in order to decrease pain in his knees. he is elderly, around 70 years old. he is in physical therapy right now and does the usual physical therapy exercises to strengthen leg muscles/ gain balance. he can walk well but he wants to do more intense cardio exercises. does anyone know any good cardio exercises/videos for the elderly who have lower body conditions?

thanks NT

I'm about to get back into my routine. Just got a Planet Fitness membership. The convenience of it being right across the street from me and open 24hrs is good for me since my last gym was 20min away and had shorter hours. Trying to get stronger and a little more buff. Bein skinny and lookin skinny aint the haps. :lol: I'm currently 6'3" at 181lbs, trying to get to at least 190

Already done my session for the day
Warm Up: (10m)
-6 lengths across the gym
-Half length of gym sprints + broad jumps back
-20 Air squats
-quarter of gym sprints + 3x normal pushups, 3x wide pushups 3 x 3x release pushups
Strength: (20min)
-5x front squat
-5x high pull
-5x snatch grip
-5x full clean
Circuit: (20min)
-100x pushups (in partners, so technically 50-50)
-400m run
120x air squats (in partners, so technically 60-60)
-400m run
-150x pull ups (in partners, so technically 75-75)
-400m run
mean.gif
75 pull ups?

Geez.

-20 Air squats
-quarter of gym sprints + 3x normal pushups, 3x wide pushups 3 x 3x release pushups

-5x front squat
-5x high pull
-5x snatch grip
-5x full clean

-400m run
-400m run
-400m run

:smh:

Was this a cross fit workout? What was the weight on the strength lifts?

Anybody here have nicknames for people in your gym? I actually have a list lol...
ninja lady - small old ripped asian lady that benches, squats, rows , etc
orange - super tanned orange skin guy always doing cardio
2 chainz - tall skinny 6'4 black dude with dreads that works in the front desk
Machete - buff mexican guy running around doing supersets every workout always looks pissed off
Carlton - he looks like Carlton from Fresh Prince
Swole - Buffest scariest lookin guy I've seen in the gym always wearing a tank top. I never see him lift weights but I see him on the elliptical lookin pissed off as **** every time I see him.
Terrance J - He looks like exactly like him except with 30+lbs of muscle. Benchin 130DB's
Amazon - tall *** woman probably 5'11, super fine
ABDC - that group Massive Monkeys from America's Best Dance Crew practices dancing at my gym. They look kind of annoyed if I watch them practice a routine though
Lol.. You live in WA?

Tell JD I said whats up..

-20 Air squats

-5x front squat
-5x high pull
-5x snatch grip
-5x full clean

-400m run
-400m run
-400m run

:smh:

Was this a cross fit workout? What was the weight on the strength lifts?

Yes, the dudes I train with, have completed CrossFit trainer levels etc.

So yes, basically, this is basically a crossfit workout.

The strength workouts are based on your own personal strength for me I'm still extra lightweight (100 pounds- but every week I add 10 pounds- I will probably stop adding weight in Dec) for a few reasons, 1, I basically just started, 2, I don't want to bulk at all...fitness + lean muscle + being healthy is my goal, NOT building muscle mass. I first need to get rid of my extra weight in the gut....

Btw, the workout changes every day. I'll post my progress as I go along.

Sorry if I mislead you from my initial workout post

I don't think I clarified this, but your "50-50" / "75-75" is meant to be broken up into alternating sets between you and your partner. So In general, you're hitting 30 or 40 or 50 straight pushups, then your partner hits his 30 or 40 or 50, then 10, 10 etc. There are pretty much no rest periods in the entire 20min workout.

I didn't mean to make you believe I was hitting 75 pull ups straight out of the gates. Pull ups we'd try and hit sets of 20 or 25 each adding up to 75 etc.

Last edited:
As for Bench Press, press your shoulders together and down...so you have a "base" to push from which focuses on utilizing your chest muscles. Your back should have a natural arc from it but you shouldn't be trying to use your back muscles to help.

hey NT, dont usually post in this thread but i have an interesting situation for anyone who as a good exercise background,

so i have a relative who had a total knee replacement and total hip replacement about 3 months ago. he is determined to lose weight in order to decrease pain in his knees. he is elderly, around 70 years old. he is in physical therapy right now and does the usual physical therapy exercises to strengthen leg muscles/ gain balance. he can walk well but he wants to do more intense cardio exercises. does anyone know any good cardio exercises/videos for the elderly who have lower body conditions?

thanks NT

Stationary bike and elliptical as he gets better and better, both are easy on the knees.

I'm about to get back into my routine. Just got a Planet Fitness membership. The convenience of it being right across the street from me and open 24hrs is good for me since my last gym was 20min away and had shorter hours. Trying to get stronger and a little more buff. Bein skinny and lookin skinny aint the haps.
laugh.gif
I'm currently 6'3" at 181lbs, trying to get to at least 190
Congrats on wanting to get in the gym but IMO planet fitness is NOT the way to go for someone who wants to lift. if you just want some cardio and see a few females then its good for that I guess, but for lifting not so much. I used to belong to one and they do not have much equipment for lifting and have wack *** rules for dropping weights 
laugh.gif
 Also they give out damn pizza and bagels sometimes which is straight ******ed. 

I'm about to get back into my routine. Just got a Planet Fitness membership. The convenience of it being right across the street from me and open 24hrs is good for me since my last gym was 20min away and had shorter hours. Trying to get stronger and a little more buff. Bein skinny and lookin skinny aint the haps. :lol: I'm currently 6'3" at 181lbs, trying to get to at least 190
Congrats on wanting to get in the gym but IMO planet fitness is NOT the way to go for someone who wants to lift. if you just want some cardio and see a few females then its good for that I guess, but for lifting not so much. I used to belong to one and they do not have much equipment for lifting and have wack *** rules for dropping weights :lol:  Also they give out damn pizza and bagels sometimes which is straight ******ed. 

Ensuring those clients never reach their goal, so they keep coming back :rofl:

Do you guys drink a protein shake on days when you dont workout? Also whats the deal with icecream? Why am I reading that its good to eat?

Do you guys drink a protein shake on days when you dont workout? Also whats the deal with icecream? Why am I reading that its good to eat?

I drink protein shakes when I need more protein to hit my daily macros. It's a supplement so if you're lacking protein, use it to reach your goals. As for ice cream...I don't know why it wouldn't be good to eat as along as you hit your caloric/macro goal.

As for Planet Fitness...I go there. It's not the best gym but it works for me and I'm definitely seen gains and lost weight.

Clif Bars are meh. The nutrient profile is amazing but I thought they'd taste a lot better from what some were saying in this thread.

Had the Vanilla Almond :x Had a taste like alcohol. Eating the Chocolate Peanut Butter now and it's not bad. Chocolate Chip flavor tomorrow morning.

Clif Bars are meh. The nutrient profile is amazing but I thought they'd taste a lot better from what some were saying in this thread.

Had the Vanilla Almond
sick.gif
Had a taste like alcohol. Eating the Chocolate Peanut Butter now and it's not bad. Chocolate Chip flavor tomorrow morning.
Try Crunchy Peanut Butter. It's the only flavor I get. 

Congrats on wanting to get in the gym but IMO planet fitness is NOT the way to go for someone who wants to lift. if you just want some cardio and see a few females then its good for that I guess, but for lifting not so much. I used to belong to one and they do not have much equipment for lifting and have wack *** rules for dropping weights :lol:  Also they give out damn pizza and bagels sometimes which is straight ******ed. 

Ensuring those clients never reach their goal, so they keep coming back :rofl:

:lol:

Ensuring those clients never reach their goal, so they keep coming back
roll.gif
Ya damn right 
laugh.gif
 Excellent marketing strategy no doubt about that but I could never imagine going and doing a intense workout and be leaving and see people shoving pizza down?? Like where dey do that 
roll.gif

But no disrespect to anyone that goes there, cause your still getting you workout in which is the main point, but if some little girl walked up to me like "sir your breathing to heavy" we would have a problem 

Just check this vid 

Clif Builder bars are very good though plus they are cheap just dont like the fact about all the soy. beats paying $4 for a same size bar with only a few more grams of protein.

I personally love Met-rx big 100 colossal super cookie crunch. huge bar, lot of protein and if your bulking almost 500 calories i think :lol:

Just picked up a pack of Steel-cut oats. I heard they have more nutritional value that regular rolled oats.

Can't wait to try them for breakfast tomorrow. Anyone ever have them?

Quest bars suck IMO

:smh: link

With their protein content stripped away — 31 grams and 20 grams, respectively — the Met-Rx Big 100 Colossal Protein Bar and ProMax Protein Bar are nothing short of absolute junk. They have the same nutritional profile as a snickers, plus they’re actually loaded with A LOT more artificial sweeteners.
And if you’re skeptical, thinking “blah blah blah that’s not fair, they have protein, you’re comparing apples to cantaloupes,” fine, go ahead and eat every Snickers with a whey protein shake — together they’re nutritionally identical to the Met-Rx bar.

quest bars have a great profile and are great after a 12 second microwave - don't eat them without microwaving them. chocolate brownie, cinnamon roll or apple pie. mmmmmmm.....

LOL i had the cinnomon roll and chocolate brownie, they werent even sweet. just had a nasty weird taste to them. i could careless about the no sugar or low carb to be honest.

If you like them thats fine but they arent worth the price tag at all

Back
Top Bottom