STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Here what goes? unhealthy fats are a thing. A real thing, not made up, not broscience, not based on what worked for you.

Trans fat yes, but Saturated, Mono, and Poly have their purposes with proper balance. Often times people think cutting out fat = being healthy which I am saying is false, you need fat.

Trans fat yes, but Saturated, Mono, and Poly have their purposes with proper balance. Often times people think cutting out fat = being healthy which I am saying is false, you need fat.

I agree. The guy you quoted earlier never said all fats though. He said unhealthy fats.

I also know many people that have injured their thumbs while using hook grip.

A lot of bicep injuries occur while dead lifting from recruiting your bicep to help pull the weight up.

You can't recruit your bicep in lifts like deadlift and shrugs.

I always tell people to pretend that you have no arms, and just hands to hold the weight.

Pull the weight with your back, rather than shrugging to get the weight up - that's how you go snap crackle POP

Pretty much. Dudes blaming torn biceps on mixed grip smh.

Man, this fitness life isn't easy. 1 month or so of being depressed and/or unmotivated and you wake up and all your progress feels like its gone. SMH @ Me.

Props to everyone in this thread that can grind long-term with no lapses. You guys are motivating. I'll get there one day. :smh:

Not everyone is built for this lifestyle. Many try but fail.

Had a brutal leg day.

Back Squats
1 Legged Leg Press
Standing and Seated Calf Raises
Lunges
Goblet Squats
Hamstring Curls

I'm so sleepy now.

I'm trying to figure out how high I'll be able to Squat for good reps. My lower back takes a beating every leg day.

Had a brutal leg day.

Back Squats
1 Legged Leg Press
Standing and Seated Calf Raises
Lunges
Goblet Squats
Hamstring Curls

I'm so sleepy now.

I'm trying to figure out how high I'll be able to Squat for good reps. My lower back takes a beating every leg day.

does your gym have hammer strength equipment ?

i love my v squat for burnouts

So true.

Been running a lot more lately and it is pretty much all mental. Loving it though. Just have to balance it so that I don't drop too much muscle mass.

Sometimes true. Fell back and dropped the bar once mid-rep doing back squats cause my legs quit on me :lol:

I agree. The guy you quoted earlier never said all fats though. He said unhealthy fats.

Basically.

Last edited:
Had a great Chest and Trap workout today in a dead gym. I took advantage of the NFL games.

Its funny because my gym closes 6pm on Weekends and its usually not really packed until Day Light Savings end. Its so weird. I know Nov 3rd When DLS Ends and its dark outside the gym will be packed on the weekend at the time i go which is 4:30-6pm. 

Leg Day Tuesday... im readyyy.. last Tuesday some dude was at the squat rack doing upright rows with 5lbs on each side when the Curl Rack was wideeeeeee open. I was getting heated

cuz i dont like to pre exhaust before i do compounds and this dude wsa taking 5 min breaks just standing.. 

Last edited:
Had a buddy snap a pic.

Love leg day.
Do box squats help you? I ask cause it looks like your barely breaking parallel with that one. Ive heard from top guys like B lilly that they are better for guys who use gear not raw guys. Ive tried doing them but I have to use a damn 12in box since I have shorter legs 
laugh.gif

I like doing pause squats better and exploding up to help with speed out of the whole.

Back
Top Bottom