STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Thinking about taking probiotics. Pros/Cons? Anyone take it? Any recommendations on a good brand? Thanks in advance.

dont think there really is any cons to it, probiotics are good for you if you find a good brand that actually works. helps with the digestive and immune system. If anything, it ends up not helping you if that, it wont cause any side effects/issues.

Last edited:
did squats and box squats this morning too (high rep drop sets on leg press and some good mornings). finished up legs by doing long goblet squats - dropping down in the pocket and just cruising there to get more comfortable in my push to get lower. first time using a kettlebell to do them.

Squats today, LAWD :pimp:

excuseme.gif

Speaking of squats...aren't box squats just squats with a measurement tool?

I honestly feel that once you've been doing the exercise for a few weeks you just know when you thighs are parallel to the floor.

Speaking of squats...aren't box squats just squats with a measurement tool?
I honestly feel that once you've been doing the exercise for a few weeks you just know when you thighs are parallel to the floor.

From west side barbell
http://www.westside-barbell.com/ind...-published-in-2005/378-box-squatting-benefits

A box squat combines two very important methods. One is the static-dynamic method. It combines two muscle activities. Static work occurs while on the box, although the lifter is constantly moving backward or forward. Then by flexing off the box, the dynamic sequence occurs. The second method that is used when box squatting is the relaxed- overcome-by-dynamic work. This occurs by sitting on the box with the hips rolling in a relaxed fashion, then switching to an explosive, or dynamic, concentric phase. Both of the above-mentioned methods build explosive strength as well as absolute strength. Why are box squats superior to conventional squats? I hope to explain it further through physics. Lowering to the box in the eccentric phase is a form of potential energy. When sitting on the box in about 0.5 second, you are involved in a collision. By using a box to land on, we can produce kinetic energy. The amount of kinetic energy an object has depends on two things: its mass (weight) and its speed. A heavier weight means more kinetic energy. But more importantly, in a regular squat, the eccentric phase lasts about 1 second, about twice as long as in a box squat. By being able to relax some muscles and with the use of Jump- Stretch bands, the box squat is close to twice as fast. If you tripled the speed, it would represent 9 times more kinetic energy during the collision.

What about the development of power? Power is defined as work done divided by the time used to do the work. When you do a regular squat, you must do three things. The first is the eccentric phase, where muscles lengthen. When the eccentric phase stops, a static phase begins, where the muscles are not lengthening or shortening, but muscle energy is decreasing. Then to raise concentrically, you must start a load while the muscles are held statically, even to a brief extent. Could this phenomenon be the reason that you can lower 50% more than you can raise? After all, power can be produced only so long. In a regular squat, you must produce power during all three phases, but a box squat breaks up the eccentric and concentric phases because some of the muscles are relaxing while others are held statically by movement in the hip joints. Here is where force can be redirected very strongly. Because a heavy squat uses a large amount of energy, it makes sense to break the work into separate parts. While box squatting is not plyometrics, it builds tremendous reversal strength. Wilson's studies (1990) have shown that the stretch reflex lasts up to 2 seconds. We have proven that by sitting on a box correctly the reflex lasts up to 8 seconds. What an advantage for a football lineman on a long count. Explosive strength is developed mainly by explosive efforts, such as jumps, shot put, and jerking dumbbells or a barbell.

Last edited:
My leg day:

Leg press:
10x7plates each side
8x8plates each side
4x9plates each side
2x9plates and a quater

Barbell Box squats (as pictured):
5 sets of 5 @ 315lb for pause reps

Barbell front squats:
5x5 @ 245lb for 1 sec pause.

Hammer strength v squat:
3 sets of 10 with 3 plates on each side.

Super set hammer strength leg curl with leg extensions.

Bamboo bar with kettle bells for 40 yard walking lunges for a total of 200 yards.

Stretch.

Fin.

Have a nice soreness this AM (off day).

Chest tomorrow

Sounds brutal, I like it.

Week 6 of the Candito program. Made solid gains but I'm thinking of switching it up again. I went from traditional splits (isolating 1-2 muse groups a session), to PPL, to the upper/lower routine and probably will go back to the traditional split next week with 2 leg days.

Still on the slow cut, but just wanted to ask if y'all do dead lifts on leg days or should I just make one leg day squat intensive and the other dead lift intensive rather then both during the same session? Also for cutting, strength or hypertrophy workouts?

ehh I use straps and gloves and I'm bigger and stronger than most. I dont see a problem with them. Guys just want to have something to pick at to make themselves feel superior. Tearing somebody down in order to promote yourself is wack. Besides, I love touching women, and women don't like being scratched and gripped with sandpaper palms...least not the ladies I'm in to.

So yep, I wear gloves, straps and I even throw that foam pad on the bar when I back squat...advance upon me bros. There's no shame in my game.

Sounds brutal, I like it.

Week 6 of the Candito program. Made solid gains but I'm thinking of switching it up again. I went from traditional splits (isolating 1-2 muse groups a session), to PPL, to the upper/lower routine and probably will go back to the traditional split next week with 2 leg days.

Still on the slow cut, but just wanted to ask if y'all do dead lifts on leg days or should I just make one leg day squat intensive and the other dead lift intensive rather then both during the same session? Also for cutting, strength or hypertrophy workouts?
I love PPl and might not switch it up for awhile. I can't even deadlift the day after I have a heavy leg session, much less in the same workout. I like at least 48hrs between going heavy on those 2 movements. I personally dont change my style of training for my diet, because Im always trying to get stronger.
Louie is a little biased though because the majority of the guys he trains are geared lifters and they train differently then raw lifters.

Better grip with no pad IMO.

Have read that it changes center of gravity, and alters your form.

I could careless what people use.

If You feel good with wearing gloves, rocking a barbell pad, even do quarter squats or quarter bench.. Than gods speed.

I keep it moving.

Rest day for me today.

Love not going in the gym on Mondays.

Back
Top Bottom