STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any PR is a good one IMO but I usually just remember it for the big compounds and pendlay BB rows.

Sizenote: NT went mobile and allowed automatic posting of pictures straight from your iPhone. Got me on NT even more now.
Ya. The way I orient my lifting though is to increasing my big 4 lifts and to a lesser extent my cleans. (Full goal is increasing athletic function). In short, don't really think it's worth tracking assistance exercise PRs for my purposes.

T Bar Rows are an assistance exercise? Oh okay, lol. Bent Over Rows too, huh?

Get out your feelings, because I proved you wrong when I said I can apply progressive overload to different routines, and make gains.

Not entertaining this convo after this message.

Damn, cant even have a conversation about it? Thats how knowledge is learned/shared... through discussion. Its not like he personally attacked you.

Just for the sake of playing devils advocate, if T Bar Rows arent an assistance exercise, what are the assistance exercises to a T Bar Row?

A sarcastic comment isn't a good way to start a conversation. That's why I don't blame Lucky for snapping on dudes.

I'm not as knowledgeable about everything, so I couldn't tell you assistance exercises for T Bar Rows. In my mind, even if I'm wrong, I see accessories as isolation movements. Getting the bar off the ground works more than 1 muscle group. To perform the row, it works more than 1 muscle group. So, wouldn't it be a compound movement?

Last edited:
bringing a small notepad and keeping track of ALL my lifts was one of the best things I've ever decided to do for my workout regime. assistance exercise or not, i try to be better than i was last week at every exercise.... whether it's by XX lbs or if it's just one rep.

I got a real sweet hook up.

41 a month, month to month.

My rate will never go up, their adding onto the gym constantly.

Traps are activated :

Getting an early start on no shave November.

Beard makes me look old as piss lol
Living the fitness junkies dream. Rocked those Oregon free trainers today as well lol.
here is my skinny fat on my way to skinnyville progress pic. i was so damn soft and spongy and marshmallow fat it repulses me. my short-term goal is to lose about 10-15 more to get some visible abs but i struggle horribly with nutrition. my longer-term goal is to become more mobile/agile and put on some lean mass. following this thread has helped.

Amazing progress.

I feel like a damn wilderbeast after deadlifts. Smh. The only lift that has me ready to polish off everything in sight. Not even squats do that to me. Takes a lot to keep it clean afterwards. :lol:

Took creatine in the summer time. Felt an increase in energy. I also felt like I pushed myself harder because I was on creatine (placebo effect). I had energy throughout my workout, felt great waking up,rest between sets were shorter, and was just more motivated.

I got off it 2 months ago. Strength was the same. First week the energy was down a little. 2nd week it was a whole lot. Some workouts I'd be so exhausted by the end. No loss in strength. By the 3rd week and on I felt like I did when i was taking creatine. Same thing. I have energy and getting stronger. 

--

Anyways Leg day went well.

Took advantage of the World Series playing to a dead gym. (20 ppl)

Bulkin season for me! Have gone up from about 150 to 158 since the summer, trying to hit 175-180 by January/February.
Currently trying to follow some of the macros Chris Jones posted, Im trying to get 160g of protein, 350-400g of carbs and about 90 grams of fat.
Been too scared of losing my sixpack, havent really seen the gains I wanted, so Im trying this eat big to get big approach.

Bulkin season for me! Have gone up from about 150 to 158 since the summer, trying to hit 175-180 by January/February.
Currently trying to follow some of the macros Chris Jones posted, Im trying to get 160g of protein, 350-400g of carbs and about 90 grams of fat.
Been too scared of losing my sixpack, havent really seen the gains I wanted, so Im trying this eat big to get big approach.

You can always get the abs back. That lean bulk started to get boring for me, so I'm dirty bulking till March or so.

twisted my ankle at soccer last night....swollen today....looks like its arms day at the gym :lol:

Bi's and Tris today, I am really starting to like close grip bench

well, that dude seems to know what he talks about, so Ill just see and adjust , he said bodyweight x 1 on a bulk.
What would you guys try 1,2-1,4 grams per pound of bw?

Man I pray my inzer fits me I got a large bescause I didn't know my measurements so I just went off my waist size

You should be good bruh, as long as you can adjust it. When I got my belt, I went with my waist size, and I have plenty of room. I can tighten it to the last notch if need be though.

twisted my ankle at soccer last night....swollen today....looks like its arms day at the gym :lol:

Bi's and Tris today, I am really starting to like close grip bench

One of the best exercises for building tris in my opinion. I switch between that, and skullcrushers.

well, that dude seems to know what he talks about, so Ill just see and adjust , he said bodyweight x 1 on a bulk.
What would you guys try 1,2-1,4 grams per pound of bw?

I aim for 1g/pound bodyweight, but I always hit closer to 1.5.

As for the protein convo, IMO and the opinions of many others if you get 100-160g of protein a day you will more than likely be straight. I was avg 150-180 when I started cutting last year, but I was still able to hold on to a ton of mass and that was me cutting at a super high deficit. Right now I'm avg about 200-250g a day though and only reason for that is because I'm cutting at a higher calorie intake. At the end of the day see what works for you.

squatted 425 for 6 last night, assisted. after doing 405 for 10. typically I would've just thrown 5s on there and gone up to just 415, but i felt beastly and I had my guy there, soooo. After that I pyramided up on the leg press, ended up on the last set putting up 900 for 8. Planned on doing more, wanted to crack 1k, definitely would have, but couldnt find any more 45s. eff it. quads hella tight today. love this feel. Finished with some lunges, legs were jelly by this time. and some heavy standing calve raises, 395 for a couple sets and the fibula pull with 60lbs. Leg day is becoming one of my favorites. I dig the progression, my legs have been getting yoked hitting them twice a week.

I did Wendler's 5/3/1 for quite a while, but for the last 2 months since school has started I've just been doing full body workouts 3 times a week. Any suggestions on where I should go from here? I'm weighing my options. 

5x5 stronglifts is a solid 3 day split. add some bicep work/whatever accessory work you like and youll be good.

Last edited:
From what Ive read it should be higher when u cut thought, to keep most of the muscle mass.
Ill try out 1g per pound at first and maybe up it if my gains starts to slow.

I did Wendler's 5/3/1 for quite a while, but for the last 2 months since school has started I've just been doing full body workouts 3 times a week. Any suggestions on where I should go from here? I'm weighing my options. 
Texas method would fit your schedule (and location)

From what Ive read it should be higher when u cut thought, to keep most of the muscle mass.
I try to get in 200 a day at the minimum but I weigh more than you. If you get at least 1g per lb a day you will be fine, wont lose gains or anything. Some people say it should be 1 gram per lean body weight and still seem to do fine. The main thing is getting it from real foods. I drink 0 shakes and still manage to hit my goal everyday. 
BEAST!!

Did your boy just have his arms up under you while you did them? No romo

I try to get in 200 a day at the minimum but I weigh more than you. If you get at least 1g per lb a day you will be fine, wont lose gains or anything. Some people say it should be 1 gram per lean body weight and still seem to do fine. The main thing is getting it from real foods. I drink 0 shakes and still manage to hit my goal everyday. 

BEAST!!

Did your boy just have his arms up under you while you did them? No romo

Yea I'd go down alone, get right below parallel and then he'd support me around the rib area and guide me back up. def came in handy. I mean I like the speed and concentration aspects of working alone, but I can only imagine the gains I'd have if I worked with someone that'd spot me on the major lifts. My progress would be astronomical. I'm already strong as an ox, but a lot of times, because its just me, I'll lift less than I actually can just to avoid failure. End up throwing in more reps to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom