STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Your protein will increase with higher caloric intake regardless.

Plus he's sitting at 1gram per body weight.

Should be at least at 1.5 IMO
Calories and protein are TWO different things. 1.5g per lb? That ish was made up by supp companies to have people by more tubs.
All that protein you're eating will just end up in the toilet.

From what Ive read it should be higher when u cut thought, to keep most of the muscle mass.

Ill try out 1g per pound at first and maybe up it if my gains starts to slow.
I try to get in 200 a day at the minimum but I weigh more than you. If you get at least 1g per lb a day you will be fine, wont lose gains or anything. Some people say it should be 1 gram per lean body weight and still seem to do fine. The main thing is getting it from real foods. I drink 0 shakes and still manage to hit my goal everyday. 

BEAST!!

Did your boy just have his arms up under you while you did them? No romo

Yea I'd go down alone, get right below parallel and then he'd support me around the rib area and guide me back up. def came in handy. I mean I like the speed and concentration aspects of working alone, but I can only imagine the gains I'd have if I worked with someone that'd spot me on the major lifts. My progress would be astronomical. I'm already strong as an ox, but a lot of times, because its just me, I'll lift less than I actually can just to avoid failure. End up throwing in more reps to compensate.
I'm the same way.  For the past year I've been training with two of my boys, but as much as you don't want to seem selfish, I had to stop doing it.  Too much chit chat, too much BSing around, too much time waiting for the weights to be changed.  Wound up in the gym an hour longer and got less done.  My bench was stagnant as hell while I was training with other people.  Back to 3 plates now without a spotter.  Once I blast that music and get in the zone, I'm ready to go.  Occasionally I'll call on a few cats I know can give a proper spot if I'm trying to push for a PR.

Dont fall to the hype bros...
laugh.gif

Sad thing is, that's how everyone in my office and at the gyms I train at are.

"I need to switch my routine up, muscle confusion."

"Gain 15 lbs of muscle in 90 days, sign me up for Body Beast!"

mean.gif

One more PPL question for everyone (BIGBOSS ?) I've been doing 5/3/1 the past 3 months and have done it at least once a year the past 3 years. I feel like i see strength gains and I like it better than higher rep. Could I incorporate it into the compound of PPL once a week?

Ex:

Push day 1 - 531 CHest
Pull 2 - 5/3/1 Deads
Legs - No 5/31 Normal 6-8 reps on squats
Push 2 - regular rep chest, 531 shoulder press
Pull 2- regular rep Dead or Row
Leg- Squat 531

Or any other order? Anybody combined these 2?

Calories and protein are TWO different things. 1.5g per lb? That ish was made up by supp companies to have people by more tubs.
All that protein you're eating will just end up in the toilet.

So if you go from 2500 cals to 5000 cals, your protein won't naturally go up????

So if you go from 2500 cals to 5000 cals, your protein won't naturally go up????

i think what he meant was that the high protein requirement of 1.5g's of protein per pound of lean bodymass is just a Made Up Number by the supp companies to get their products consumed faster.

also, there are ~4 calories in every gram of protein. so, although two different things, calories and protein are directly related.

One more PPL question for everyone (BIGBOSS ?) I've been doing 5/3/1 the past 3 months and have done it at least once a year the past 3 years. I feel like i see strength gains and I like it better than higher rep. Could I incorporate it into the compound of PPL once a week?

Ex:

Push day 1 - 531 CHest
Pull 2 - 5/3/1 Deads
Legs - No 5/31 Normal 6-8 reps on squats
Push 2 - regular rep chest, 531 shoulder press
Pull 2- regular rep Dead or Row
Leg- Squat 531

Or any other order? Anybody combined these 2?
That is basically what I did. I would do the 5/3/1 workouts for the major compound lifts, and then do my own thing afterwards. It worked fine, you just really can't fry your chest or legs so you can recover for the next workout. 

Last edited:
That is basically what I did. I would do the 5/3/1 workouts for the major compound lifts, and then do my own thing afterwards. It worked fine, you just really can't fry your chest or legs so you can recover for the next workout. 

Did you do the 5/3/1 compounds on the days I had listed or in a different order?

i think what he meant was that the high protein requirement of 1.5g's of protein per pound of lean bodymass is just a Made Up Number by the supp companies to get their products consumed faster.

also, there are ~4 calories in every gram of protein. so, although two different things, calories and protein are directly related.

Same thing with creatine, lol why load and finish my tub faster when in like a few days of normal servings I will be saturated.

Did you do the 5/3/1 compounds on the days I had listed or in a different order?
I have all my workouts logged on my other laptop so i'm not sure, but i know i followed the 5/3/1 lifts in the order that is given in the book. 

Very interested in this protein usage topic. :nerd:

Just playing devil's advocate here, without a lot of knowledge of protein absorption.

But don't BCAA's supposedly "aid/support" in the protein synthesis?

So wouldn't that make less protein wasted?

Same thing with creatine, lol why load and finish my tub faster when in like a few days of normal servings I will be saturated.

Speaking of creatine...

My creatine monohydrate sucks at mixing :x

ON's brand....

Anyone recommend a creatine monohydrate that mixes well?

Posted about it before, but turns out I have an ACL tear and meniscus too.

Have been coping with it for 5 months now, thought I could walk it off.

Did for the most part, but recently got to be too much, got an MRI, and pow.

Anyone have this surgery before? How long until YOU felt good enough to be mostly normal.

I have my stubborn expectations and feel I can start deadlifting within 24 hours of surgery.

Thanks in advance.

I went through the same deal as you man, tore my ACL playing soccer, went through a couple bad doctors and basically lifted, played, worked on it for 6 months before having surgery (also used a cadaver). Post surgery is tough, however for me at least it didn't seem as brutal as others have made it seem (not saying it isn't tough and frustrating, and everybody is different in the recovery process) I was walking (or limping around) 6 days post-op. I would say I started feeling comfortable on it 4-6 months out as far as running, lifting, etc. A lot of the process as far as getting back to doing what you were doing is mental so just stay focused and fight through. good luck man, and if you don't mind me asking who is doing your surgery? If you have any questions feel free to ask

I never see how dudes lose weight just off lowering their food calories with no exercise, never works for me.
you not counting right

Any athletes in here? Whether you're playing adult sports or still with your school, doesn't matter. Just some simple questions. When and how have you seen your training benefit you on the field/court? Any specific things you're able to do now after training that you couldn't do before? 
squats made me quicker
Leg day today
devil.gif
DOMS a bish

Speaking of creatine...

My creatine monohydrate sucks at mixing
sick.gif

ON's brand....

I used ON... I just drink it quick. It doesn't dissolve. 

Speaking of creatine...

My creatine monohydrate sucks at mixing :x

ON's brand....

I use Dymatize. I don't other mixing it unless I'm taking it with protein.

I'll just get a teaspoon, put it into your mouth, and chase it with water.

Theyre related but more calories does not mean more protein. If you're bulking up, your calories is most important. Mass gainers are loaded with calories for a reason.

Oh Cool. Im just going to drink a protein shake and get the rest of my calories through carbs and fats. Thanks for the info dropten.

Last edited:
If Bodybuilding is a sport than Beauty Pageants are a sport as well.

If it is a sport its the only sport i know that you have to win based on looks.

But ok. Im done. 

No need for another debate war like if Bodybuilding is a sport or not :rolleyes

Dude..

C'mon...

Bodybuilding is an art in which is purely based upon aesthetics.

NOT athletics.

The judging alone is based upon the "look" of muscles, not upon on how "effective" the muscles are in use.

about to go cook some chest and back. half and half workout. so i won't go all out on either, but i won't have a chance to hit the gym tomorrow, so, two birds with one big *** stone.

Back
Top Bottom