STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You're supposed to eat like horse post work out not pre :lol:

I lift on an empty stomach, can't stand the feeling of food in me while I'm under the iron

Not even carbs? i personally lift better when I have a meal of some sort before hand, but I imagine a lot of it is personal preference.

Youd be better served by just hanging from a bar for as long as you can. Its so much more functional than other forearm exercises.

really?

i dont work out forearms because really it doesnt seem like it does much

A meal before a weight training session is always needed for me.

Empty stomach at the gym i'll have no energy.

You dont have to be full before you lift. I eat and wait about 1hr and half - 2hrs before working out.

Not even carbs? i personally lift better when I have a meal of some sort before hand, but I imagine a lot of it is personal preference.

Nope but I do have a huge meal PWO that is heavy on carbs to recover. All I take before hand is some BCAA, my workout partner thinks I'm crazy, dude stays eating right in the locker room before we train :lol:

For me, it depends.  Sometimes I'm in such a rush to get it in and get on with the rest of my evening that I jet to the gym on an empty stomach.  When I know I'm going to be running errands beforehand and lifting late, I make sure to make time to have a meal.  Been trying to avoid eating late at night.

Some speed work/plyo tonight.  Rope of course, box jumps, step ups, good amount of mobility work.  Felt like crap beforehand but gutted it out.  My best sesh this week by far.  Gonna go for a long run tomorrow or hit some stairs.
Got offered a new job as a sport and human performance coach today. Yeah, ill take it.
Dope.  Congrats man!

Got offered a new job as a sport and human performance coach today. Yeah, ill take it.

Congrats.

Youd be better served by just hanging from a bar for as long as you can. Its so much more functional than other forearm exercises.

That's better for hypertrophy purposes, grip purposes, or both?

________

As for pre-workout meals, I only make em mandatory for legs, and chest days. Legs, because I get light headed with the volume with no carbs. Chest is my most lacking body part, so I want to get any type of advantage I can before I lift.

really?

i dont work out forearms because really it doesnt seem like it does much
You dont work out your forearms? Your missing out bro. Having big tri's and bi's are nothing without a skinny boney forearm. 

they arent skinny but some people dont need to hit them at all. when they do arm work outs they get good work from that SRS

i get some from bi cep work outs but i hate isolating them

I know when my forearms are pumping when my scar starts to itch really bad from my skin stretching lol

durden7 durden7 what does the job entail?

Its essentially a strength and conditioning position. Ill be working with local high school, college and some elite level olympic athletes. Ill still be working in the medical fitness field too. The facility caters to both demographics.

Originally Posted by Durden7 View Post

Grip. Forearm size is largely determined by genetics and is incredibly difficult to grow in size. An increase in strength will result in an increase in size though, so in essence they occur concurrently. It just may not be to the "size" liking of someone.

Training for grip is much more "functional" anyways. It just makes so much sense. Instead of doing a wrist curl with whatever weight, hang your 150+ *** from a bar and get more resistance that way. Not to mention the awesome shoulder health you gain by doing this.

Good job on the career buddy. Always love seeing you guys do well in your lives. Keep kickin *** and taking names.

it's a dry night, no ladies til tomorrow, all my joints had plans smh. think I'm gonna hit the gym and relieve some tension..all over the dumbbells...i'm gonna unload across the bench and dump that goodness on the squat rack

durden7 durden7 what does the job entail?

Its essentially a strength and conditioning position. Ill be working with local high school, college and some elite level olympic athletes. Ill still be working in the medical fitness field too. The facility caters to both demographics.

Originally Posted by Durden7 View Post

Grip. Forearm size is largely determined by genetics and is incredibly difficult to grow in size. An increase in strength will result in an increase in size though, so in essence they occur concurrently. It just may not be to the "size" liking of someone.

Training for grip is much more "functional" anyways. It just makes so much sense. Instead of doing a wrist curl with whatever weight, hang your 150+ *** from a bar and get more resistance that way. Not to mention the awesome shoulder health you gain by doing this.

Hmmm. I think I'll do that one of the two sessions per week. I'll hang during my arm days, since the pull up bars won't be crowded.

Bert. Bert. brother... have you had honey bunches of oats TROPICAL BLEND!? That **** is crack in a box

timbo109 timbo109 I've read about avoiding gluten and it's benefits---but I don't eat it enough to where I think I have a fix, and the **** is everywhere, too hard to avoid. I tried for a while and when I did more research on it I didn't see enough benefits to cut it out, not unless there is an allergy involved.

I'll purchase non gluten things cuz I can, but eh... I don't trip about eradicating it from my life

Last edited:
maaaaan this is shallow as **** of me but one of my homegirls is Lara Croft for Halloween--- but she not doing the "costume" justice. Lara was a bad *** chick with a killer physique and crazy athleticism....

I was thinking about being Lara but decided to go with Wonder Woman but seeing her make me wanna be Lara JUST so she can know what it's supposed to look like. :smh: @ me. Still think I might do it tho :lol:

maaaaan this is shallow as **** of me but one of my homegirls is Lara Croft for Halloween--- but she not doing the "costume" justice. Lara was a bad *** chick with a killer physique and crazy athleticism....

I was thinking about being Lara but decided to go with Wonder Woman but seeing her make me wanna be Lara JUST so she can know what it's supposed to look like.
mean.gif
@ me. Still think I might do it tho
laugh.gif
don't be petty. let her fat *** cook.

Last edited:

I was thinking about being Lara but decided to go with Wonder Woman but seeing her make me wanna be Lara JUST so she can know what it's supposed to look like. :smh: @ me. Still think I might do it tho :lol:

don't be petty. let her fat *** cook.

and eat.

I was thinking about being Lara but decided to go with Wonder Woman but seeing her make me wanna be Lara JUST so she can know what it's supposed to look like.
mean.gif
@ me. Still think I might do it tho
laugh.gif

don't be petty. let her fat *** cook
and eat
you out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom