STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What are your results like? Any thoughts/recommendations? I don't think my back can handle the squat + deadlift part of this workout but it looks intriguing.

Give it a shot. Deadlifts have never been a part of my workout and I'm able to do it. I was really really sore week 1 but fought through it.

I do 5 rounds of each complex. I'm on week 2 and feel great. Definitely feel stronger and I've lost about 4 pounds.

If you eat healthy and do this workout, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be satisfied with the results. My shirt looks like I just did an hour of intense stair master after this workout. :x :pimp:

Any suggestions for natural protein? Thanks!

If you're asking me, the most "natural" you can get is soild foods. Ie chickrn, steak, fish, etc. As for supplementing, the "cleaner" of the powders is isolates just watch for sodium. Also ON has a natural line of powders, whey, casien, etc I think they give the most bag for your buck if you're worried about money.

Unless I misunderstood your meaning of "natural" lol

Ive been doing the 5x5 program for about 2months now and is seeing gains, ive also incorparated it on my isolation exercises? Am i doing something wrong? Read somewhere 5x5 is just for compound exerxcise

Input on foam rollers, do it realives from soreness after workouts? I'm not that tight but after my 'power' day I feel really sore...

I
Edit: quoted wrong

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think low reps work best for compound lifts as opposed to isolation exercises

I guess thats what im asking. Is there any point in curling or doing any type of isolation workout for 3-5 reps? Just strength. Then its not worth it cuz its just an injury risk waiting to happen. Never ha an injury in 6-10 range.

If
Input on foam rollers, do it realives from soreness after workouts? I'm not that tight but after my 'power' day I feel really sore...

If you are lifting on a consistent basis, learn to love the roller. The deeper you get the better. It will "hurt" but just keep at and those knots will loosen up. I use it everyday, recommend it without question.

If you're asking me, the most "natural" you can get is soild foods. Ie chickrn, steak, fish, etc. As for supplementing, the "cleaner" of the powders is isolates just watch for sodium. Also ON has a natural line of powders, whey, casien, etc I think they give the most bag for your buck if you're worried about money.

Unless I misunderstood your meaning of "natural" lol

That's perfect. Thanks! It's difficult to reach my protein requirements just from chicken, steak, yogurt etc. that's why I ask.

If
If you are lifting on a consistent basis, learn to love the roller. The deeper you get the better. It will "hurt" but just keep at and those knots will loosen up. I use it everyday, recommend it without question.

Thanx, I will get my hands on one, see if I can recover more quickly...

got a foam roller been using it and my shoulder is feeling a lot better so I would also recommend it

Progress slowly being ruined.... :smh:

In the winter was up to 187 at my max was really hoping to work toward 190. Had football saturday then gym then soccer sunday morning. Weighted myself after soccer....down to 174lbs. Ate had a protein shake and re hydrated back up to 181...but last week i was walking around at 184lb.

I need to learn how to eat through the pain :lol:

Sidebar: Field turf sucks. We had a guy red carded early in the second half...we lost 3-0....the left side of my leg is missing 20% of my skin thanks to the turf. I woke up this morning and my boxers were stuck to the abrasions on my leg...they like were pussing over night....hurt so bad to peel it off. Can't sit down today without pain....eff this

Are you playing semi Pro or Rec?

I play soccer and football and I always hate the guys who treat each game like the World Cup or Super Bowl. In soccer I've only had a sprained ankle before. In football though I got a mild concussion. My QB left one floating for me and the other teams safety thinking he was Ed Reed in the Super Bowl took my legs out while I went up to jump...I only remember seeing

When I opened my eyes.

It's funny i play semi pro soccer, which i take some what seriously and actually is my motivation to keep my cardio up. A lot of people in the league played D1 college ball and are good players. So I kind of have to take it seriously or else it will end poorly (like last week :lol:). But i play co-ed touch football on Saturday mornings. And dudes in that league go so hard. Same exact thing happened to me. Went up for a catch dude grabbed my legs flipped me on the ground. Hit my face on the ground bloody nose and all. Got up looked at the dude like "are you serious right now". People trash talking, playing bump and run, receivers running down field pics on the DBs...its a joke. No offense to women but i can't really take a sport that seriously when its guys and girls. You have to tone it down a little.

I have indoor co-ed soccer tonight too...gonna try to get a light shoulders routine in before hand.

Last edited:

Dat der cell tech

I
I guess thats what im asking. Is there any point in curling or doing any type of isolation workout for 3-5 reps? Just strength. Then its not worth it cuz its just an injury risk waiting to happen. Never ha an injury in 6-10 range.
No I don't think there is any point in curling something for 3-5 times unless its at the end of the workout and you just want to burn it out, but heavy weight puts a lot of stress on the elbows and that will affect your other lifts. No one cares how much someone can curl or shrug, at least I don't.
Ive been doing the 5x5 program for about 2months now and is seeing gains, ive also incorparated it on my isolation exercises? Am i doing something wrong? Read somewhere 5x5 is just for compound exerxcise
I'm doing the exact same thing, and I'm seeing strength gains from the 5x5 and more muscle definition from the isolation exercises. I think you get the best gains from doing this type of training.

Man...everything felt heavy today. I could only get 2 sets of 3 at 275 for squats...I was doing 3x5 on Sunday :frown:

Quads getting bigger though.

Also, with foam rollers, you should try to stretch after your workout. I'm still sore, but nowhere near the way I would be without stretching.

A question about cardio/HIIT:

I do 10 mins on the treadmill at 15 incline, 3-4 mph before I left. Afterwards, I do 15 mins of HIIT. I do that 3x a week. Do I need to add more cardio, or am I good with that?

Also, do you guys count the calories you burn during cardio? I've been counting em, and eating that amount over, so I don't go into a deficit. I'm doing a lean bulk at the moment.

Last edited:
I feel like I see this kid more than family members..... Sheesh.

As others have said, doing bicep curls at low reps is less than ideal. The biceps are actually a fairly useless muscle group too. It's trained way too much for how often its actually used.

I don't have any before pictures but I've been lifting and training for quite sometime. I'm currently a little over 230lbs at 6'1" and around 15% bodyfat. My diet isn't the best when I bulk up but I eat 5-6 cleaner meals a day with 2 of those being mass gainer protein shake at 750cal per serving and a gallon of water daily. I'm currently switching over my workout from heavy lifting (less reps/heavy weights) to high intensity (more reps/lighter weights) 2 many details to share but this is just my contribution to the thread. Happy Improvement fellas.

****Sorry for the wack a** photoshop. Not very good at it****

Feb 2013 at a Harley Davidson BBQ

Feb 2013 drinking protein shake at work lol (20" guns what ever you wanna call it lol)

2011 when I was a bouncer at a local bar (leaner)

Last edited:
I do 10 mins on the treadmill at 15 incline, 3-4 mph before I left. Afterwards, I do 15 mins of HIIT. I do that 3x a week. Do I need to add more cardio, or am I good with that?

Also, do you guys count the calories you burn during cardio? I've been counting em, and eating that amount over, so I don't go into a deficit. I'm doing a lean bulk at the moment.
If you feel you can do more, do more bruh. Simple as that.

Work got my workout schedule all messed up. Havent done chest since Wednesday, im itching. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I don't have any before pictures but I've been lifting and training for quite sometime. I'm currently a little over 230lbs at 6'1" and around 15% bodyfat. My diet isn't the best when I bulk up but I eat 5-6 cleaner meals a day with 2 of those being mass gainer protein shake at 750cal per serving and a gallon of water daily. I'm currently switching over my workout from heavy lifting (less reps/heavy weights) to high intensity (more reps/lighter weights) 2 many details to share but this is just my contribution to the thread. Happy Improvement fellas.

****Sorry for the wack a** photoshop. Not very good at it****

Feb 2013 at a Harley Davidson BBQ

Feb 2013 drinking protein shake at work lol (20" guns what ever you wanna call it lol)

2011 when I was a bouncer at a local bar (leaner)

you sure youre only 230?
Youre an inch taller than me, i weigh about 225 and you look WAY bigger than me.

you sure youre only 230?
Youre an inch taller than me, i weigh about 225 and you look WAY bigger than me.

Yea, I'm 230 right now. Those pictures are a couple months old and I was around 238lbs with heavier food and protein intake. Since these pix, I stopped taking protein shake for a month and just got on again the last 3 weeks and I lowered my carb/calorie intake, protein shake at 500cal 2 servings a day but my food intake is about the same. In the middle of creating a leaner diet plan for the summer ya know what I'm sayin :D .

If you feel you can do more, do more bruh. Simple as that.

Work got my workout schedule all messed up. Havent done chest since Wednesday, im itching. 
mean.gif

I can do more, but I'm moreso wondering whether HIIT can be used to replace standard cardio. I hate just running at the same pace for a long period of time, and HIIT solves that.

Back
Top Bottom