STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

found out a few days ago im highly allegic to gluten (which alot of people are without knowing). 22 years and never knew. I only realized a few months ago how bloated my face/abs become and itchy i get from eating anything with gluten. Assumed it was just from protein powder/creatine/water/etc. doc gave me a crazy diet change to test out and see how I feel. Gonna be rough but I'll feel alot better physically and aesthetically.
Recently released a study that essentially proved there is no such thing as gluten intolerance in those without celiac's disease. It was found that there was something else in every subject's diet that caused allergic or otherwise unpleasant reactions. Any effect of a gluten free or gluten present diet was psychological at best. Not discrediting you or your doctor, but gluten intolerance is becoming a cop out on in today's world for diet issues we are unaware of. 10 years ago nobody knew what gluten intolerance was. It didn't just randomly attack X percentage of the population. 

And the new study was performed by the same man who originally performed the study that put gluten intolerance on the map... So just some food for thought. 

Vitamin World is running 30% off F&F through 8/10. If you have access to a corporate GNC store though, I got 10 for $14 yesterday with the text msg coupon
how u do the gnc text

Just a heads up

GNC $10 off $20 Mobile Coupon - Expires 8/31/2014

Building off this thread. My original coupon had an expiration date of 7/31/14. I replied via SMS to number 46248 with STOP today to unsubscribe. Five minutes later I sent another SMS with the text Welcome2 and got a new $10 off $20 code that expires August 31, 2014. The fine print says you must show the code with your Gold Card and that the code is one time use only. The code is just a 5 digit number as always, so I assume it can be used multiple times regardless of what the fine print says.

In short:

Send SMS to 46248 with text Welcome2 to get a $10 off $20 code that expires 8/31/14.

If you already subscribed, send stop and then Welcome2 again.

Via Slickdeals

I did it and it worked.

Size 9.5 Romaleos in red added on Footlocker for $150 if anyone is still looking. Coupons out there too if you want them cheaper.

Last edited:
Has anybody gotten exertion headaches from lifting before?  

Got one when doing the last few reps of  squats during a workout a couple weeks ago.  Next day went in and got it again right away.  Took a week off and did body weight stuff today without any problems.  Kind of shook to go back to the heavy stuff.

Has anybody gotten exertion headaches from lifting before?  

Got one when doing the last few reps of  squats during a workout a couple weeks ago.  Next day went in and got it again right away.  Took a week off and did body weight stuff today without any problems.  Kind of shook to go back to the heavy stuff.
Work on your breathing, it really makes a difference.

Good reference: http://articles.elitefts.com/traini...ffee-have-to-do-with-maximal-strength-part-2/

I've heard chocolate milk is a good post workout..

Are we talking any grocery store chocolate milk.. Low fat.. Fat free?

I've heard chocolate milk is a good post workout..

Are we talking any grocery store chocolate milk.. Low fat.. Fat free?

if its at a grocery store and it says chocolate milk then yes :lol:

low fat, fat free, thats up to you.

but yes chocolate milk is good for post workout

I've heard the same. Not sure if it's factual, but supposedly it has the perfect ratio of macros.
It is. Also has a good amount of sugar in it, which is good for post workout.

Wonder what happened to that dude that came in here saying gummy bears were perfect post workout  
laugh.gif

Had everybody in here ready to hit the candy isle.

Chicken noodle soup is probably the best all in one recovery solution. There's a reason you drink it when sick.

Post workout went to Smoothie King..got the king size protein shake (blueberry/banana/strawberry)

**** was AMAZE..expensive but amaze

Back
Top Bottom