STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Me and my boy had this power rack...its the goods for the price...
nthat.gif
Yep it gets the job done for days my gym is closed or cant make it up there.

Put me on to some new snacks. I usually eat Greek yogurt, tuna sandwiches, beef jerky, and protein shakes. 

Do y'all eat a pre-workout snack? I hit the gym around 5 but I eat my last snack around 3.

Put me on to some new snacks. I usually eat Greek yogurt, tuna sandwiches, beef jerky, and protein shakes. 

Do y'all eat a pre-workout snack? I hit the gym around 5 but I eat my last snack around 3.
I'm cutting right now so I like low calorie dense foods. My staples are greek yogurt with Lucky Leaf's Light Pie Filling on top of it and poverty chicken burritos with the 80 calorie big tortillas and already cooked microwavable chicken pieces inside of it and I dip that **** in some sauce before each bite. Feels good mang.

Last edited:

Can't go wrong with some protein pancakes 
smokin.gif

Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cottage cheese, I f with organic raisins and nut/seed bars too.

Is there any good online workout programs?

Athletic in nature as opposed to bodybuilding

One that has weights not just percentages?

I think I want to try a new workout program

I like Kris Gethins 12 week program.
It's more body building/Cutting.
not really athletic like sports. but you do need to do cardio and eat right and he explains it all in there.

Is there any good online workout programs?

Athletic in nature as opposed to bodybuilding

One that has weights not just percentages?

I think I want to try a new workout program
The weight training portion of an athlete's program should pretty much be focused on non injury, maintaining/ gaining muscle, and bringing up weaknesses. Honestly if I was an in-season athlete I don't think I'd be in the weight room more than 2x a week (unless my conditioning stuff was in the weight room). I'd being doing general prep every single day, and sports specific stuff 5-6x a week as well.

I like Kris Gethins 12 week program.
It's more body building/Cutting.
not really athletic like sports. but you do need to do cardio and eat right and he explains it all in there.

I'm a BIG fan of Gethin's programs. I did DTP a year or so back, and it was one of the most mentally exhausting (in a good way) programs that I've ever done. Had my workouts done in 35-45 minutes, but there were a few times I was close to puking at the end.

Legs day.

Read on Kai's IG post about focusing on eccentric movements when it comes to legs. Something about how it breaks the muscle down better, i am assuming its just a time under tension thing? Ive seen some of his leg day vids with his slow walking lunges or jefferson squats. Gonna work some lunges in post squatting today and really focus on the down more then the up.

Last edited:
Had a great AM back workout, ran an 8 min mile on the treadmill for some cardio and came home to some news...

Older dog has cancer. Sucks bros. :frown:

Do you mean eccentric focused movements?

yeah my bad will edit

When performing resistance exercise, the eccentric component, or the lowering phase, seems to be an essential component for muscle hypertrophy. Maximal eccentric contractions have been found to cause greater increases in protein synthesis; additionally, eccentric contractions produce several differences in gene expression in muscle compared to concentric exercise (lifting the weight). It has been reported that eccentric contractions can cause large increases in several genes involved in the infl ammatory responses. The resulting cytokines produced from inflammatory mediators are thought to play important roles in muscle degeneration/regeneration and growth.

Interestingly, concentric contractions don’t seem to activate this pathway, as concentric contractions don’t induce muscle damage as eccentric contractions do. Both animal and human studies point to the superiority of eccentric contractions in increasing muscle mass. Read the full article on @flex_magazine .com @musclemeds #KaiGreene

Last edited:
Wow, I hit a 25 pound PR on my front squat today. I haven't touched a front squat PR like that since my newb days. I didn't hit that magical O though, word to the posters on here =(

Okay cool. I'm a regular gym goer now and I like how I'm feeling. Before the gym I always had cardio on lock and I'm getting there again. Mostly on the machines and a few of the lifts.

Where do I start on the whole whey protein buckets to buy? Brands? Bang for you buck? Is there beginner dosages? I can't imagine it's the same whey buckets the Scrawny dude uses as well as the bodybuilding competitor

Finally back at the gym
After the holidays I know I know I took that long to come back after I started seeing amazing progress , but honesty I didn't lose any gains whatsoever but no disrespect to anybody who use steroids but why do you guys do it , this dude that workouts at my gym went to a cruise for the holidays a 3-4 day cruise and dude came back and shrunk big time I'm talking about from Brock Lesnar to Rey Mysterio in just 4 days .

Back
Top Bottom