STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How often do you guys take pre-workouts?

And I really need to do something about my midsection. I have some fat on my abs, obliques, lower back and thighs and that's about it. I wanna get rid of there and get diesel. My upper body is looking proper, needs more work of course. But Im really trying to get my midsection and lower body to pop off. I tried cutting for like 2 days and I couldn't do it :lol: I just like food too much. I'll eat healthy, but I can't cut calories. I won't have any energy to hit the gym and I might not even make it to see night time. Not to mention the potential muscle and gains loss

Week 15 :smh:

Had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff on my right shoulder.

I lost a lot of weight and my arm and bones are weak. Can't lift it past shoulder height.
Everything just snaps pop click and grinds and my ROM is no where how it was before.

Anyone had this operation and how long did it take for you to get back to the gym/ training?

I've written this year off already but with my progress, it's looking like I won't be back for a while but I need hope.

You're 15 weeks post op? There's something wrong bro.

You should be able to lift your arm overhead and be doing light resistance exercise already.

You should talk with your doctor or physical therapist again. I've no idea if you should just push through the pain or there's something unusual with your recovery and you should just keep it dialed back.

Last edited:
Week 15
mean.gif

Had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff on my right shoulder.

I lost a lot of weight and my arm and bones are weak. Can't lift it past shoulder height.
Everything just snaps pop click and grinds and my ROM is no where how it was before.

Anyone had this operation and how long did it take for you to get back to the gym/ training?

I've written this year off already but with my progress, it's looking like I won't be back for a while but I need hope.
Yea theres something wrong. How bad was the tear? Complete tear? 

How often do you guys take pre-workouts?

And I really need to do something about my midsection. I have some fat on my abs, obliques, lower back and thighs and that's about it. I wanna get rid of there and get diesel. My upper body is looking proper, needs more work of course. But Im really trying to get my midsection and lower body to pop off. I tried cutting for like 2 days and I couldn't do it
laugh.gif
I just like food too much. I'll eat healthy, but I can't cut calories. I won't have any energy to hit the gym and I might not even make it to see night time. Not to mention the potential muscle and gains loss
Well if you don't have the energy to work out there is no magic that will burn the fat from your gut man. 

Damn 15 weeks and cant emm la mano arriba?

Start running or something man, keep yourself in decent shape. Body squats? Anything really.

one good thing about jet lag is that i'm back on my old gym schedule lol.

4am workouts. empty gym. love it.

You're 15 weeks post op? There's something wrong bro.

You should be able to lift your arm overhead and be doing light resistance exercise already.

You should talk with your doctor or physical therapist again. I've no idea if you should just push through the pain or there's something unusual with your recovery and you should just keep it dialed back.

I do physio everyday, internal and external rotation to strengthen the cuff and stretches to get my ROM back. Apart from the snapping an popping, doing things around waist and abdomen height is not too bad, it's just very stiff but if i try and perform a straight arm lift to the front or to the side then I get past 90 degrees and then it's a struggle to get past that.

Hopefully it isn't torn again.

Yea theres something wrong. How bad was the tear? Complete tear? 

Partial Tear, about 40% torn.

Damn 15 weeks and cant emm la mano arriba?

Start running or something man, keep yourself in decent shape. Body squats? Anything really.

:lol:

I'm going to ask him if I could run or do some HIIT to keep me going. Also looking to tidy my diet to boost recovery.

Last edited:
It kinda sounds like you have a mental block and is more scared than anything. I understand where you're coming from though. I never had a repaired rotator cuff but I've had knee surgery.

Sometimes to get the range of motion you want, it's about pushing through the pain.

From what I understand, with rotator cuff surgery, therapy is delayed cuz they don't want you moving your shoulder at all for the first 6-12 weeks or so.. But after that you don't have to be afraid of re-tearing when you move it..

That's what I understand. But maybe you're a special case. Maybe you really would re-tear it..

Last edited:
Chest day early am feels great to. Walking around with that pump when u go grocery shoppin. Hahah

It kinda sounds like you have a mental block and is more scared than anything. I understand where you're coming from though. I never had a repaired rotator cuff but I've had knee surgery.

Sometimes to get the range of motion you want, it's about pushing through the pain.

From what I understand, with rotator cuff surgery, therapy is delayed cuz they don't want you moving your shoulder at all for the first 6-12 weeks or so.. But after that you don't have to be afraid of re-tearing when you move it..

That's what I understand. But maybe you're a special case. Maybe you really would re-tear it..
Yea, my physio said something similar about my shoulder muscles contracting when it moves in a painful position but I've been giving the go ahead to push as hard as I can. I just thought I would be stronger by now with the overhead movements.
It's the only movement that seems to have somewhat stalled compared to the others.

Also you're right about it needing to be immobilised for the first 6 weeks and then you work on getting ROM and strength back.

I'll see if I can start running to get even more movement and strength back.

How long did it take for your Knee to get back to the point where you could train again?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I babied my injury. It was probably a yr before I got back into the full swing of things after I had my ACL repair done.

If I could do it all over again, I bet I could've done it in half that time. :lol:

Decided to do something other than baked chciken breast. Slow cooked bbq. Ketchup worchister hobey mustard.
Then various spices

You guys might as well throw your different meals in here , I know we had another thread reguarding meal prepping but no one post in there .. Tired of chicken breast , ground turkey , ground beef & tuna , tried boneless chops for the first time i kinda like them .

You guys might as well throw your different meals in here , I know we had another thread reguarding meal prepping but no one post in there .. Tired of chicken breast , ground turkey , ground beef & tuna , tried boneless chops for the first time i kinda like them .

I actually buy pork loins all the time.
They taste great and still great quality protein with minimal fat.

when i get tired of meat and want to change it up i eat some veggie sandwiches on whole wheat rolls. egg plant , red peppers, mushrooms all grilled . then throw some ,tomatoes , fresh basil and feta cheese with a little olive oil mayo(half the fat and cals of reg mayo- i find the taste of regular mayo disgusting) mixed with a little garlic and couple of drops of lemon. thats a bomb sandwich right there. with some black beans as a side.

or stuffed bell peppers. brown rice , mozzarella cheese , and veggies . very good as well,,....

whole wheat pasta with veggies and make your own pasta sauce. those are my staples when im trying to change it up and not eat meat.

Last edited:
Been eating nothing but chicken breasts and tuna for the month of September.. Definitely going to switch it up..

When I first started dieting years ago. I did the only chicken breast and tuna thing..
had to change that real quick.

got so burnt out.
I love chicken breast but when it's the only thing and if you're not cooking it right (which I don't all the time.)
(and tuna just sucks more than once a day)

ground turkey saved me..

i only do steak occasionally.

or 88% ground beef (thank you costco membership)

When I first started dieting years ago. I did the only chicken breast and tuna thing..
had to change that real quick.

got so burnt out.
I love chicken breast but when it's the only thing and if you're not cooking it right (which I don't all the time.)
(and tuna just sucks more than once a day)

ground turkey saved me..

i only do steak occasionally.

or 88% ground beef (thank you costco membership)
be careful with the mercury on eating too much tuna

Facts on the thighs
I like it dark and juicy. The white meat is just a little too dense and dry for me. Give me that dark meat that's filled with dat juice

To my egg eaters..how many eggs Yall eat a day? I usually do 3 whole boiled eggs, till I realized that it's packed with cholesterol. Any tips? Am I good or should I just do 4 egg whites?

Back
Top Bottom