STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The shoe engineers on this board believe that if you wear boosts during squats, you will get injured because reasons. Stay safe bro

I sense heavy sarcasm :nerd: :lol: more or less wanted to know if people use them in the gym or more for casual street wear.

I sense heavy sarcasm :nerd: :lol: more or less wanted to know if people use them in the gym or more for casual street wear.

You can use them for whatever you want, that is your right. The comment above was because someone referenced how it pissed them off to see people doing squats and other movements in UBs. They say it will injure them or flatten the Boost. I think they are actually more designed for like running right? They are your shoes.....do you

Lol

laugh.gif
@ y'all feeling a way about people not recommonding squatting in running shoes.
lol at YOU thinking feelings were felt.

I don't embellish. I have a 750 deadlift, 675 squat, 5000 pound bench press at 110 pounds. Where does this rank me? :nerd:

:lol:

I posted my max dl vid.

405 dl
315 bs
225 bench

Total 945, if I had a consistent schedule again I'd be higher.

If you call bs on those numbers you need a hobby. :lol:

Last edited:
The shoe engineers on this board believe that if you wear boosts during squats, you will get injured because reasons. Stay safe bro

I squatted like 225 or something light in flyknits and forgot i didn't have my vans on. I was quickly reminded when I almost went face first into the rack. :rofl:

after a super long layoff, i gotta get serious about cutting some fat and getting my endurance up. going to tokyo end of feb and we're not bringing a stroller for my 3 year old son so he'll be walking a little but probably gonna have to use the tula carrier. eating less calories is gonna be brutal [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Please do me a favor and post video of you doing ATG wearing UBs or NMDs with 225+ (or any video of someone lifting heavy with respectable form). Never claimed to be a "shoe engineer" but it seems pretty safe to say that any running shoe, especially one as spongy as Boosts would be no bueno for heavy lifting, but again I'd love for you to prove me wrong. #teamsocks here too for squats/DLs

If you're looking for "reasons," refer to my previous posts on this thread and/or common sense... God y'all get sensitive over dumb ****.

And on a lighter note, Merry Christmas to y'all that celebrate!

Please do me a favor and post video of you doing ATG wearing UBs or NMDs with 225+ (or any video of someone lifting heavy with respectable form). Never claimed to be a "shoe engineer" but it seems pretty safe to say that any running shoe, especially one as spongy as Boosts would be no bueno for heavy lifting, but again I'd love for you to prove me wrong. #teamsocks here too for squats/DLs

If you're looking for "reasons," refer to my previous posts on this thread and/or common sense... God y'all get sensitive over dumb ****.

Never seen you before but I agree with you. I would squat in some Jordans before any Boost. 

I could probably squat 315 in them though no problem 
laugh.gif

Put some PayPal money up and I'll post a vid of squating 225 on UB, 350, V2 whatever y'all shoe engineers want

after a super long layoff, i gotta get serious about cutting some fat and getting my endurance up. going to tokyo end of feb and we're not bringing a stroller for my 3 year old son so he'll be walking a little but probably gonna have to use the tula carrier. eating less calories is gonna be brutal [emoji]128557[/emoji]

I want to start saving these posts from you
I think ive been a semi regular in here for at least 6-8 months and u be posting this about monthly [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
No shade but i want to see u hitting goals fam

Squatting in ultra boosts..... Just another example of something you "shouldnt" do that really doesnt make a difference.

For the casual lifter, there are more important things than what shoes youre lifting in.

I wouldnt recommend it, but i wouldnt tell someone they shouldnt do it either.

You dudes acting like you can't lift in certain shoes :lol:

You got athletes all over the world squatting and deadlifting in beater team issues shoes.

It's not like you walk into a college football weight room at the dudes have only Olympic shoes and metcons :lol:

I want to start saving these posts from you
I think ive been a semi regular in here for at least 6-8 months and u be posting this about monthly [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
No shade but i want to see u hitting goals fam
dude, it's killing me but i'm so damn complacent. right now i'm at the in-laws and they have a fantastic home gym but i'm too busy eating pie.

Back
Top Bottom