STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I work with a lot of the players in Eugene... the workouts weren't as brutal as the media is making it. A lot of these dudes are severely dehydrated and out of shape coming into spring workouts and some are coming off gear (reason for the kidney problems).

*fake news... sad* Trump voice

I don't think the media is making too big a deal about this. Players staying 4-5 nights in the hospital due to a workout is no joke, no matter how out of shape they were coming into the workouts, it's the job of your coach to look after your health at all costs. Interesting look into that strength training coach kinda paints him as not qualified to actually have the position that he has.

"His degrees are in recreation administration and sports management, not sports medicine or kinesiology. He’s not certified by the CSCCA or the National Strength and Conditioning Association, and Oregon didn’t provide additional certification information when asked Tuesday."

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/...t-is-a-mistake-that-cant-be-repeated.html.csp

The dirty truth is a lot of college strength coaches arent too qualified.

Mar our has some personal stuff going on. About the shirts he said he'll get them soon. There was some type of mix up with his boy. Give him about a month. Or PM him

I don't think the media is making too big a deal about this. Players staying 4-5 nights in the hospital due to a workout is no joke, no matter how out of shape they were coming into the workouts, it's the job of your coach to look after your health at all costs. Interesting look into that strength training coach kinda paints him as not qualified to actually have the position that he has.
http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/...t-is-a-mistake-that-cant-be-repeated.html.csp
There's no way he can be a full time NCAA strength coach without having one of those two certifications, he has to have one.

Had surgery to remove a benign growth at the base of my neck August 15th. I had to deal with 2 months of recovery and wound healing before I could fully get back into it at the gym. Did a bod pod before I started back up. Did another one this morning.

Oct 12 2016: 176lbs at 16.1% BF
Jan 20 2017: 178lbs at 13.6% BF

10 lb (+6 muscle, -4 fat) body recomposition in about 3 months. I'm very happy.

Last edited:
Keep going [emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji]

Nice job fellas.

Went to a PT yesterday for my knee. They looked at my squat form and told me I needed some work. I don't have control of the weight going down so I don't engage my quads and hamstrings as much as I should. They also pointed out the butt wink and my back rounding that somebody noticed when I posted my form video in here a while back. They told me to work on my form with lighter weight (225) with some box squats until I get better at controlling it when I'm sitting back with the weight and engaging my quads more. Back to the drawing board

Y'all out here hittin weight loss goals while my girl noticed my gut last night :frown:

Bulking sucks.

Last edited:
There's no way he can be a full time NCAA strength coach without having one of those two certifications, he has to have one.

Just found out per Oregon that he has an online certification from the USTFCCA ( U.S. Track and field coaches association) which apparently meets NCAA requirements. So that makes him "certified" just extremely under qualified.

Nice job fellas.

Went to a PT yesterday for my knee. They looked at my squat form and told me I needed some work. I don't have control of the weight going down so I don't engage my quads and hamstrings as much as I should. They also pointed out the butt wink and my back rounding that somebody noticed when I posted my form video in here a while back. They told me to work on my form with lighter weight (225) with some box squats until I get better at controlling it when I'm sitting back with the weight and engaging my quads more. Back to the drawing board
so...you don't have a knee problem

I went to an orthopedic doctor and they took x rays and said everything looked good structurally then sent me to the PT. If it doesn't get better after adjusting my form then I'm going to get an MRI. PT said he doesn't think there's any tears or strains and my hips and quads are strong so it's likely my form that's aggravating my patella

Just found out per Oregon that he has an online certification from the USTFCCA ( U.S. Track and field coaches association) which apparently meets NCAA requirements. So that makes him "certified" just extremely under qualified.
If that's the case then he should've never been a full time strength coach. You have to either be certified through the CSCCA or NSCA

I went to an orthopedic doctor and they took x rays and said everything looked good structurally then sent me to the PT. If it doesn't get better after adjusting my form then I'm going to get an MRI. PT said he doesn't think there's any tears or strains and my hips and quads are strong so it's likely my form that's aggravating my patella

Ask your PT about astym or graston work that you can do in your patella

Last edited:

PT ain't work for me. Orthopedic...I'm gonna see if I can get a referral to one to get my knee scanned. That's what I really want. I hope it's not anything crazy. That's what I'm scared of.

Back
Top Bottom