STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i can barely drink juice now, waaay to damn sweet. cat actually remember the last time i had juice. rarely drink soda too, maybe once a month if that, and it’s usually just a few sips

Who got my all red Romaleo 2s?

I think I did....lol. I retired briefly from the heavy lifting, but I'm thinking I'm about to make my comeback haha.

It's been a while guys. I have since moved states and got a knew job where I'm more active. My last job....*sigh*, not good. It stressed me out and I was angry a lot. Led me to do more drinking and eating like junk and not working out and eating right like I knew I should've been. I put a bunch of extra pounds on, so I'm back at working to get things back in line.

I pretty much only drink soda if I'm getting a value meal at a fast food joint. Even then its usually chick fila and I get sweet tea lol. Sometimes i still get ice water anyway. Every now and then a diet coke tastes good. Prob not even 1 a month though.

Man 35s or not, just dont be that dude putting on 5 pd plates on...and then another one, then another one, until you benching like 10 5 pound plates

if i drink juice i have to dilute it with water, way too sweet. soda is out of the question i dont even like it.

I think I did....lol. I retired briefly from the heavy lifting, but I'm thinking I'm about to make my comeback haha.

It's been a while guys. I have since moved states and got a knew job where I'm more active. My last job....*sigh*, not good. It stressed me out and I was angry a lot. Led me to do more drinking and eating like junk and not working out and eating right like I knew I should've been. I put a bunch of extra pounds on, so I'm back at working to get things back in line.

good to hear from you man. was wondering a lil while ago what happened to you, hadnt seen you post in a while. glad youre doing ok

Man 35s or not, just dont be that dude putting on 5 pd plates on...and then another one, then another one, until you benching like 10 5 pound plates

bro thats the worst. theres these 2 guys, 1 older and 1 younger, that do that with the 10s. they got damn near every 10lbs plate on the bar doing bench press. smh

35s are communist.

I drink diet soda everyday, its my biggest vice. I can only do so much water and crystal lite...... Low calorie Minute Made pink lemonade is off the chain only 15 calories per serving.

Giving up on this lower carb only cut/diet whatever the hell you want to call it :lol: not seeing any quicker results thus proving the point of it really is calories in vs calories out. I do "feel" lighter when I don't eat carbs but the scale isn't saying any different.

ahat ahat Thanks! Yeah, life just got me down for a while, but things are on the up and up.

m boiz m boiz How long have you been at the low carb/Keto thing or whatever you choose to call it?

i can barely drink juice now, waaay to damn sweet. cat actually remember the last time i had juice. rarely drink soda too, maybe once a month if that, and it’s usually just a few sips

Yea just water for me. Barely drink alcohol socially anymore. Except I saw that Budweiser had a decent amount of protein lol. For stuff that tastes good I always wondered why we dont just taste it and spit it out if it doesnt have much nutritional value. Treat it like chewing gum. Taste the Kook-Aid if u like it then just spit it out. Watch out for that red 44 of course.

440A6D6F-6ACE-48FC-86ED-DC867314F5DC.png
Alright... which one of you did this?

ahat ahat Thanks! Yeah, life just got me down for a while, but things are on the up and up.

m boiz m boiz How long have you been at the low carb/Keto thing or whatever you choose to call it?

Not long, tried it for about 2 weeks and called it quits. Keto isn't sustainable long term and isn't for people who need better performance in the gym. I know Mark Bell preaches it heavy but I don't agree with him on it.

Yea just water for me. Barely drink alcohol socially anymore. Except I saw that Budweiser had a decent amount of protein lol. For stuff that tastes good I always wondered why we dont just taste it and spit it out if it doesnt have much nutritional value. Treat it like chewing gum. Taste the Kook-Aid if u like it then just spit it out. Watch out for that red 44 of course.

440A6D6F-6ACE-48FC-86ED-DC867314F5DC.png
Alright... which one of you did this?

Both these posts

giphy.gif

Not long, tried it for about 2 weeks and called it quits. Keto isn't sustainable long term and isn't for people who need better performance in the gym. I know Mark Bell preaches it heavy but I don't agree with him on it.

I hear ya. That's who had really convinced me to try it. I had trouble with it for a long time, really getting focused on it. I have given it the best shot and I'm down about 13 pounds so far. I must say, and this is just me, I started noticing more of a difference with the butter coffee or whatever.

What did you eat for meals like breakfast and lunch? I'm by no means trying to convince you to do it, just curious is all.

I did keto for a few months and pretty much though the same thing. I got the results I was looking for but realized it wasn't a long term thing cause I never regained the strength I lost. Then I recently listened to a JRE pod cast with Dom D'Agostino and he said losing strength with keto is normal, however after 6 or so months you can be hitting new PRs. I'd like to give it another shot, but damn 6 months to get back to business?... that's too long.

I hear ya. That's who had really convinced me to try it. I had trouble with it for a long time, really getting focused on it. I have given it the best shot and I'm down about 13 pounds so far. I must say, and this is just me, I started noticing more of a difference with the butter coffee or whatever.

What did you eat for meals like breakfast and lunch? I'm by no means trying to convince you to do it, just curious is all.

Breakfast was eggs and bacon, or eggs with lunch meat shredded on top followed with a protein shake. Lunch was usually chicken and steak with lettuce cheese and salsa. I would snack with nuts and tuna. The meals weren't the problem necessarily even though for dinner it would usually just be straight meat, its the fact my stomach couldn't handle all the protein and by 3-4 in the afternoon I wouldn't have as much energy as I thought I should which could possibly be all placebo.

I personally think cutting is hard enough already, having to alter my diet even more by cutting out all carbs makes just adds to it so it isn't as productive with me.

Breakfast was eggs and bacon, or eggs with lunch meat shredded on top followed with a protein shake. Lunch was usually chicken and steak with lettuce cheese and salsa. I would snack with nuts and tuna. The meals weren't the problem necessarily even though for dinner it would usually just be straight meat, its the fact my stomach couldn't handle all the protein and by 3-4 in the afternoon I wouldn't have as much energy as I thought I should which could possibly be all placebo.

I personally think cutting is hard enough already, having to alter my diet even more by cutting out all carbs makes just adds to it so it isn't as productive with me.

Ahh Ok. I mean, part of any "diet" is something you can stick to. Every diet won't work for every body. I eat eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast and like beef and bacon/sausage for lunch. I still crave carbs sometimes, but then I switched over to the butter coffee I think that is when things have gotten a easier. I would be hungry immediately in the mornings, but know I can go for a bit. The weekends are still a bit of the problem for me. I still feel like I want to cut loose and I know I need to tighten that up.

Protein is supposed to only be 20% of your intake. 75% fat and 5%carbs

I did keto for a few months and pretty much though the same thing. I got the results I was looking for but realized it wasn't a long term thing cause I never regained the strength I lost. Then I recently listened to a JRE pod cast with Dom D'Agostino and he said losing strength with keto is normal, however after 6 or so months you can be hitting new PRs. I'd like to give it another shot, but damn 6 months to get back to business?... that's too long.

I think Bells reasons are mainly based off of sugars and junk type foods and how Americans are so obsessed with them and that leads to them being fat.

He's also on Test so that factors in as well.

Protein is supposed to only be 20% of your intake. 75% fat and 5%carbs

Yeah I think I said it but I didn't actually follow Keto exactly, I just went lower carb.I don't really like Avocado and other popular fat sources so that didn't help me either.

I'm not bashing Keto since i didn't really try it, I'm just saying a more balanced diet works for me and I think for most people its has more long term sustainability.

Back
Top Bottom