STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I “LOL” at it because most of these people do not plan ahead.

The fitness business has a very short shelf life, and barely any plan ahead.

There’s obv exceptions, but they are rare.
who would be one that has lasted. Dana lynn bailey, kai greene, jay cutler?

Before social media, a buddy of mine David Barton had it all here in NYC, until he began doing recreational drugs, basically messing himself up. His gyms were huge among the gay community here in NYC. But when the money comes too easy, your true character comes through as well.

This was stated about race, but it speaks to flawed character and putting the wrong things first.

“I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it,” he said. “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

- President Lyndon B Johnson

Last edited:
anyone take ZMA? which brand and does it really help?
71vsYF1tbUL._SY355_.jpg

Did he recommend a brace?

To my surprise no. I have flat feet so they recommended arch support inserts

I have been going to PT for like 8 weeks now. Seen some improvement but I’m def still in pain. Especially going up and down stairs, knee extension, and when I bend and put weight on my leg. The first 6 weeks we did mostly hip/feet exercises but lately I feel like my quad (on the injured knee) has been really weak so we have been doing that the past 2 weeks. I did have a good breakthrough though, now I can actually extend my knee from a chair sitting position, although it still hurts but at least I can actually do it now

I had a cortisone shot about 2.5 weeks ago that didn’t help much with pain but it def helped me get somebody ROM back

To my surprise no. I have flat feet so they recommended arch support inserts

I have been going to PT for like 8 weeks now. Seen some improvement but I’m def still in pain. Especially going up and down stairs, knee extension, and when I bend and put weight on my leg. The first 6 weeks we did mostly hip/feet exercises but lately I feel like my quad (on the injured knee) has been really weak so we have been doing that the past 2 weeks. I did have a good breakthrough though, now I can actually extend my knee from a chair sitting position, although it still hurts but at least I can actually do it now

I had a cortisone shot about 2.5 weeks ago that didn’t help much with pain but it def helped me get somebody ROM back
Cool. Give it time, be patient. How is your Q angle? Knock kneed? Wide hips?

Before social media, a buddy of mine David Barton had it all here in NYC, until he began doing recreational drugs, basically messing himself up. His gyms were huge among the gay community here in NYC. But when the money comes too easy, your true character comes through as well.

This was stated about race, but it speaks to flawed character and putting the wrong things first.

“I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it,” he said. “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

- President Lyndon B Johnson
What this entire post have to do with anything?

Cool. Give it time, be patient. How is your Q angle? Knock kneed? Wide hips?
We didn’t test Q angle but I just looked it up and they did mention my knee tends to go inward and that there’s an imbalance there, it’s not just a straight line

I have always noticed I do have tight hips/IT band

We didn’t test Q angle but I just looked it up and they did mention my knee tends to go inward and that there’s an imbalance there

I have always noticed I do have tight hips/IT band
So that means one of your legs are shorter than the other, to the point the imbalance would need to be dealt with with an insert. It also means that you may have an abnormal pelvic tilt, favoring one side over the other.
Scoliosis or Lordosis?
It is like running on a banked track, but only in one direction. Running one way will shorten the IT band, causing the injury that you are describing. I suggest going to a physio, then tell him/her of that imbalance. Is the injury on your dominant leg? They will probably tell you to do anti compensatory exercises for the non dominant hip and leg. Single leg movements, like single leg presses, and then continued isolation exercises for the recovering hip and leg.

So that means one of your legs are shorter than the other, to the point the imbalance would need to be dealt with with an insert. It also means that you may have an abnormal pelvic tilt, favoring one side over the other.
Scoliosis or Lordosis?
It is like running on a banked track, but only in one direction. Running one way will shorten the IT band, causing the injury that you are describing. I suggest going to a physio, then tell him/her of that imbalance. Is the injury on your dominant leg? They will probably tell you to do anti compensatory exercises for the non dominant hip and leg. Single leg movements, like single leg presses, and then continued isolation exercises for the recovering hip and leg.

Is a physio the same as a physical therapist? I’ve been going to PT for like 2 months. And it is on my dominant leg

Is a physio the same as a physical therapist? I’ve been going to PT for like 2 months. And it is on my dominant leg
Nah, physiotherapist is a bit different. I could help you, but you need to see someone and then have them examine your bio mechanics in person. They should be able to determine where those muscular weaknesses are. Could be your Psoas, could be your adductors. Just a note, your Quads should be twice as strong as your hamstrings in contractile strength. However, your hammy's need focus upon Elastic strength. You should hear about that through a good physio though.

All the best in your recovery.

Absolutley nothing. He brings race into every thread he enters, literally all of them.
he doesn't just randomly bring it up. there is correlation. that's the issue with some people. instead of wanting to understand and listen and eventually engage in conversation, people will just shut if off bc it's not endorsed by their base.

Single leg step ups 2x 10

Single leg stand up 2 x 10

Lateral squat 1x10

4 min walk, 3 min jog, 4 min walk

Goblet Squat 5x5 @ 55lb

Bench Press 50 lb dB 5x5

Incline chest press 1x10 @ 60, 2 x 7 @ 90

Seated rows 5x5 @ 75

Rope curls 1x15 @ 70, 1x10 @ 90lb, 1x10 @ 110lb

Skull crushers 3x10 @ 45lb

Rope tricep extension 3x10 @80 lb, 10 sec hold on the final rep.
F963ECEE-4CB7-4D42-9C18-CF3D2BDDD328.jpeg

What’s up fit fam. So I ended up competing. First show in May. Second show 4 weeks later. It was a challenge but worth it at the end. Had to handle a lot during my prep. Done for this year. I definitely gotta grow and maybe I’ll be ready for May 2020

You competed for Men's Physique?

Back
Top Bottom