STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Put your blinders on and get to work unless they're hurting themselves and you genuinely want to help.
I always want to genuinely help. But approaching women these days for tips always looks like you're trying get at em. so I just leave it alone. Again, it's only really the young girls that are just going through the motions. the older women in my gym no matter the body type are putting in work and go with an actual plan.

My blinders are on 95% of the time, but you can't help but to look at the foolery when it's right in front of you. My PF is set up to where no matter where in the gym you are you can see everything.

This is why I miss the Golds I was at. there were little pockets for everything. area for just db and free weights. Area for just machine, one for cardio, a Lady's golds for them. Swimming, Separate power lifting area, separate leg area.

I dont understand. Its 2021. there's an infinite amount of fitness apps. Fitness pages on IG Facebook and youtube. all accessible ln the phone you carry with you in the gym.. So why the **** is anyone under the age of 35 not doing correct form or near correct form on these machines. free weight stuff i decently understand when youre new to the gym. but the pictures are literally stickered on the equipment. Idk why it irks me so much to see that in the gym. But specifically the women. You takin 50 selfies in your gym fit...but you doing quarter rep tricep pushdowns with 10lbs and leaving. I gotta get out of PF...

I do the same thing whenever I lift and I notice the guys and girls lifting with poor form and it makes me :sick: :smh: inside. It's very noticeable to me, especially when they're in the rack right next to me.
1609967951089.png

When I was OHPing today there was a cute little new girl that stared "squatting" in the rack next to me. Sumo stance, not hitting depth, no bracing, bar looked higher than high bar, etc. A small part of me wanted to introduce myself and offer some pointers (5%), but a larger part of me (95%) was thinking "not my girl, not my knees, not my business."

I don't say anything about form unless I already know (and like) the person and they're struggling or they explicitly ask for my help after seeing what I lift. Enemies I let rot. :evil: I may offer to give someone tips ("Lemme know if you have any questions about form or need help") when I meet the occasional new person, but 99.9% of the time I let folks cook, even if it leads to them getting injured.
1609967935741.png

(I don't spot people on bench unless they ask me beforehand and won't "save" somebody who fails unless I know them.
1609967992273.png
)

Once seen a little dude walk in an load up the bar for 275 for squats, no warm ups no stretching.

Was just him and another guy that had been working out in the weight room at the time. The guy and i look at each other like woah

I thought this kid is either a beast or hes gonna kill himself.

I watched the first set while i was finishing calf raises. Man this kid was shaking soon as he unracked it. I knew it was a matter of time before he got hurt. Finished my sets and bounced.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Enjoy.

Always warm up with the bar and then add 45’s or 25’s until I get to my working weight. Never understood how someone could skip warm ups. I’ll cut out working sets and make sure I warm up properly if I’m short on time, not about that injury life. :lol:

Left my lever belt at the gun yesterday and someone took it smh beyond pissed why can’t people just return things to the front desk that’s not there’s? Now gotta order a new belt and definitely want one I can design with my name on it are there any good brand that does that?

Left my lever belt at the gun yesterday and someone took it smh beyond pissed why can’t people just return things to the front desk that’s not there’s? Now gotta order a new belt and definitely want one I can design with my name on it are there any good brand that does that?

look up Pioneer Belt. use code "BASEMENT" for 10% off.

They laughed at me ITT for having 4 belts and 2 pair of Oly shoes (minimum) at all times, but if I lost a belt I have others to replace it.
1610055074623.png

i got a minor surgery today to correct something.
no gym for a week.
yall boys kill them weights for me til I get back.
gotta reduce my carbs this week go on walks. may do some band work to stay active

I'll try.
1610109054090.png

Front Squat: 325 for 1. Wanted to go to 340 but I really had to poop and didn't want to chance it. :nerd: :smh:

Bench Press: 320 for 1, 5 pound PR. I wanted to leave immediately after this cause I really had to go.

Sumo Deads: 590 for 1, 5 pound sumo PR. Sumo is now weaker than conventional, as it used to be. I almost dropped this one at mid-thigh surprisingly. :blush:

Then I cleaned everything up as fast as I could and drove straight to the house/toilet.

Taking a break from the flat bench. My left shoulder is ****ed.

did incline for the first time in over 2 years... doesn’t hurt when I do it which is weird considering incline puts more strain on the shoulder.

my pecs are twitching so much right now lmao.

I can only do incline with DBs. Speaking of shoulders I have some theraband that needs attention, any good references to increase ROM? My dips felt shallow but I know the strength is there

Is the bench leg positioned up against the wall?

Can't tell from the pick but if not, that kind of looks like a tragedy waiting to happen man.

That **** doesnt look stable and looks like youd slide down the bench.

Midas whale cop an adjustable bench, youve spent so much already...

Found this tho

Is the bench leg positioned up against the wall?

Can't tell from the pick but if not, that kind of looks like a tragedy waiting to happen man.

Na it’s not up against the wall. It’s on the other bench. The bench foot is rubber so it doesn’t slide as far as I can tell. Will update tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom