STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Screenshot_20211204-220507_Gallery.jpg

Had a pretty good leg pump today.

Hit 485 for the top single on squats.

Failed 496. Just wasn't in me today

Screenshot_20211204-220605_Gallery.jpg

Also these Ghost Strong combo racks are beautiful

Rookie question but what are your guys rest days looking like? I usually rest on Sunday to spend the day tidying up and getting all of my personal affairs in order for the upcoming week. Since I’m not super active that day I usually eat light during the day but for my “cheat meal” of the week I usually have ice cream at night.

Curious what’s recommended or you all indulge in on off days…

Rookie question but what are your guys rest days looking like? I usually rest on Sunday to spend the day tidying up and getting all of my personal affairs in order for the upcoming week. Since I’m not super active that day I usually eat light during the day but for my “cheat meal” of the week I usually have ice cream at night.

Meal prep, rest and long walk for cardio.

2898137[/ATTACH]

Also these Ghost Strong combo racks are beautiful

looks complicated, do folk squat in those racks?

i don’t really subscribe to the idea of cheat meals or a specific rest day, rather i just try to integrate it all into how i live, not being able to do or eat something because of the day seems unnecessarily restrictive…altho i understand the benefit(s) of developing a consistent routine i try to adjust/balance my activity enough and eat in ways that both build in rest/recovery as well allow the flexibility, more or less, to eat what i want when i want

caught a slight cold right after turkey day so i been avoiding the gym and doing more outdoor stuff, interested to see how much it has or has not impacted my compound lifts…do folks here use belts and/or straps for deadlifts? i have yet to use either but really considering straps as i seem to only be able to go heavy using mixed grip

Just make sure you have a cheat meal, not a cheat day. You can do a lot of messing up if you go crazy for an entire day.

I usually rest every 5th day.

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Shoulders
Day 3: Back and arms
Day4: Legs
Day 5: Rest

Then start over again.

caught a slight cold right after turkey day so i been avoiding the gym and doing more outdoor stuff, interested to see how much it has or has not impacted my compound lifts…do folks here use belts and/or straps for deadlifts? i have yet to use either but really considering straps as i seem to only be able to go heavy using mixed grip
How heavy are you going on DL? Back when I was trying to go heavy, I never was strong enough to need straps. Meaning I don’t think you should use straps unless you’re going super heavy. I’d use liquid chalk in lieu of actual chalk, and go mixed grip after 315. Most I ever pulled was 455 so I didn’t think straps were necessary. I did a decent amount of pull ups and farmers walks to build my forearm strength. What about hook grip?

I do alot of core exercises, overhead carries, suitcase carries, crunches so I'm not totally reliant on a belt.

I also use the hook grip over mixed, takes a while getting used to. But you'll avoid any muscle imbalances.

Good luck and get healthy and growing.

How heavy are you going on DL? Back when I was trying to go heavy, I never was strong enough to need straps. Meaning I don’t think you should use straps unless you’re going super heavy. I’d use liquid chalk in lieu of actual chalk, and go mixed grip after 315. Most I ever pulled was 455 so I didn’t think straps were necessary. I did a decent amount of pull ups and farmers walks to build my forearm strength. What about hook grip?

yea i do farmers carries i probably should go heavier with them tho…for deadlifts i guess it depends on what is super heavy, but similarly after 315 i go to mixed grip…i can reliably hit 475 mixed, which is super heavy for me, cheated 495 & 505 a few times but cant lock out before i lose grip… not familiar with hook grip??? my arms are super long so i don’t have that far to pull so i recently started with doing 6” & 12” deficits

I do alot of core exercises, overhead carries, suitcase carries, crunches so I'm not totally reliant on a belt.

I also use the hook grip over mixed, takes a while getting used to. But you'll avoid any muscle imbalances.

Good luck and get healthy and growing.

so you don’t use a belt? i really just started squatting after gyms re-opened so i figured better get used to the movement before using accessories, my max full depth squat is 375 but maybe could do more if i went only to parallel but i’m kinda shook to try 😅

hook grip? guess i’m going to have to look this up…because definitely trying to avoid imbalances if i can help it, right now i just try to alternate with each hand i go mixed grip

getting some leg support/bootie equipment for my injured leg today. then a PT session later for rehab. so far, my leg is now improving. pain is now quite tolerable around 7 and could weigh bear a bit and move my leg further rather than dragging it. tried to step it more. still on crutches but I might be able to walk better without it in a couple of days. hopefully my torn calf has healed properly now and not to re-injure it prematurely. it would be 2 weeks in a few hours when I injured my leg.

Ice cream at night sounds like a recipe for disaster bruv
Concur all that sugar just sitting in your system as you lay still for 7/8 hours. I try and cut off any eating at 8PM preferably 7:30, carbs around 7. Not looking to build muscle just maintain weight because of work schedule.

Don't know if anyone else does it, I'm sure ya'll do. I certainly hit up the water with lemon and water with lime. Usually buy a large container of lemon/lime juice for mixed drinks and leave it at my desk.

rumor is weightlifting is getting taken out of the olympics along with boxing, smh

Back
Top Bottom