STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer working out with sleeves and/or full length compression tights? Not sure if it is the temp inside the crib but throughout this heat wave that is what I have been gravitating towards :lol: Copped some new random tops because I realized some were old as hell
Compression stuff definitely gives you a +10 HP boost :lol:
I like tucking my shirt in for certain exercises too

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer working out with sleeves and/or full length compression tights? Not sure if it is the temp inside the crib but throughout this heat wave that is what I have been gravitating towards :lol: Copped some new random tops because I realized some were old as hell
I started wearing compression tights under my sweatpants when I'd workout outside during the winter. Never turned back. Mad comfortable. I like long sleeves sometimes too, hoodies. I have weighted tees on some Piccolo training too.

The compression keeps you warm. I wear a full uniform inside... to keep warm... lol. Outside... I feel like the compression helps protect my skin. You are going to be warm at ANY temperature outside anyway... if you are working out outside. In a heatwave... I feel like the compression helps shade and protect our skin. In summation... even in a heatwave... I feel like compression helps... more than it hurts.

I started wearing compression tights under my sweatpants when I'd workout outside during the winter. Never turned back. Mad comfortable. I like long sleeves sometimes too, hoodies. I have weighted tees on some Piccolo training too.

Breh. This post is gold. I was looking into weighted vests to spice up some of my Nike Training Club and other cardio workouts but I am weary. Now a weighted tee would be a great segue into potentially getting a vest.

How many lbs is the shirt and do you have a particular brand that you would recommend?

Compression stuff definitely gives you a +10 HP boost :lol:
I like tucking my shirt in for certain exercises too

• A cute broad in the vicinity: + 10 STR
  • A Fat or a Weak in the area to flex on: + 10 WIL
  • Gym-grade preworkout (aka That #Powda!): +20 STR
    • Match-grade #Powda! boosts STR +30
  • Rocking a tank top: + 10 DEX, +20 Intimidate
  • Listening to the bull**** the gym plays over the speakers: -10 WIL
  • Not fasting & eeating carbs: +10 WIL, +10 CON
  • Intraworkout: +5 CON
  • Bringing a 50 lb gym bag: +10 STR, +5 WIL, +5 CON

IMG_1377.jpeg

My son gets shin splints bad from Soccer. Any recommendations I can give him to make them better? He's trying to get a D1 commit this year but he feels like his shins are hindering him

My son gets shin splints bad from Soccer. Any recommendations I can give him to make them better? He's trying to get a D1 commit this year but he feels like his shins are hindering him

If you can, have him see a PT and get evaluated for any weaknesses, immobility and imbalances in the lower extremities.

In the meantime, I would recommend starting to strengthen the tibialis immediately.

There's a good chance it will relieve symptoms and go towards improving any diagnosable issues.

Asking for my co worker ( i really am :lol: ) , anyone have experience with apple cider vinegar ? Pills or liquid. He's just curious if it's a fad or does it work .
I used ACV back in the day, but realized it can be bad for your teeth in the long run. Better off leaving that alone and using ginger root.

I like compression for anything athletic related even when I coach basketball for 5 year olds lol.
Compression gear is a pain to take off after a workout though.

yea i’ve never even been a coffee/tea drinker or a preworkout guy(never really even had a conception of preworkout or fueling for activity until i started lifting, in fact i would purposely not eat before activity for most of my sporting life)…and when i 1st started using caffeine i think i went too crazy at 1st and already felt the diminishing returns of using it multiple times in a week…

removing creatine from supplementation is more of an experiment to see how it would impact energy/lifts and so far i can’t say it has in session but i do think it could be resulting in longer recovery/feeling more sluggish post workouts

the only thing i try to be fairly consistent with supplementing is collagen for joint & tendon health

What collagen supp are you taking?

What collagen supp are you taking?

i take a bunch of different ones, i just look at the label for some off brand ones and make sure that have a mix of the different types ( type, i,ii,iii, iv) and/or the amino acid profile but most times it’s bulletproof collagen w/vitamin c…also bone broths for collagen too

All the time.

Winter runs and jiu jitsu conditioned me to wear compression **** whenever i'm working out.

I sweat a lot too though so wearing just wearing regular fitting shirt, shorts/sweats and having them cling to skin feels nasty.

Back
Top Bottom