STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It's like a minivan dash showing 180, 200. For why though?
stopitslime.png

why tho? you already have an admittedly self imposed sub-optimal diet model, why not just actually rest to recover??

I ate this at midnight yesterday, if this cant provide enough energy for you to stay active the next day see an endocrinologist.

20231103_223827.jpg

I feel guilty about taking time off training cause I dont wanna lag behind. What I did today was just roll less and light after the Gi and No Gi class. I went mostly for technique instruction.

Why do y'all even bother messing with ole buddy anymore? It's obvious he's a masochist who likes to purposefully gimp himself for no real reason at all other than to feel pain.
sabu.png

I got a dude at work with an infant, full time job, family, all that, and he still finds time to lift, do JJ, and pass his PT tests. He even took a brogram I wrote for him and ran with it, then came back and asked for an update after running it for a while.
mjcry1.png

Those are the fulks (yes, fulks) we need to be helping, not Mahatma No Ghainsdi who is simultaneously training for a marathon, lifting, becoming the next Ultimate Fighter, and presumably working full-time all at the same time with jacked-up sleep and his food tank on E.
unimpressed.png

I ate this at midnight yesterday, if this cant provide enough energy for you to stay active the next day see an endocrinologist.

20231103_223827.jpg

I feel guilty about taking time off training cause I dont wanna lag behind. What I did today was just roll less and light after the Gi and No Gi class. I went mostly for technique instruction.

well is it enough being that you’re the one calling your activity level rough? i’m genuinely curious about the rationale of doubling up, recovery and rest is when/where the actual adaptation happens and if you are constantly grinding through sessions you don’t find this to be counterproductive?? 🤔 lag behind in what way, are you training to be a competitive fighter???

Most of my shop is currently out of shape and failing/barely passing their PT test. I spoke with one Soldier and tried to get her in the gym and she basically told me “I’m just an E3, not chasing promotion points yet, why give more effort?” After that I said **** it, you got it :smh:
LMAO! Bro it’s funny times when PT test time is among us. I’m not better than anybody but seeing ppl absolutely almost die from trying to get at least a 12-14min 1.5mi is hilarious.

I used to be the fitness leader at my command but that ish was too stressful.

US military fitness standards is not priority at all (special ops not included).

LMAO! Bro it’s funny times when PT test time is among us. I’m not better than anybody but seeing ppl absolutely almost die from trying to get at least a 12-14min 1.5mi is hilarious.

I used to be the fitness leader at my command but that ish was too stressful.

US military fitness standards is not priority at all (special ops not included).

S/O to them fulks getting gassed by level 1/7 of the 20m HAMR. :rofl:

well is it enough being that you’re the one calling your activity level rough? i’m genuinely curious about the rationale of doubling up, recovery and rest is when/where the actual adaptation happens and if you are constantly grinding through sessions you don’t find this to be counterproductive?? 🤔 lag behind in what way, are you training to be a competitive fighter???

LOL we arent out here playing grab *** with each other. What do you want me to say?

I doubled up because it fits my schedule and it replaces any gym activity for that day. Im paying for this might as well go as much as I can.

I feel like this is bare minimum for anyone who is active. I guess for a washed middle aged dude its a lot. There are people who go everyday, sometimes twice. Im trying to do 3 Gi and 2 no Gi sessions a week. I set a schedule for this in addition to my regular workouts, sometimes more sometimes less.

LOL we arent out here playing grab *** with each other. What do you want me to say?

I doubled up because it fits my schedule and it replaces any gym activity for that day. Im paying for this might as well go as much as I can.

I feel like this is bare minimum for anyone who is active. I guess for a washed middle aged dude its a lot. There are people who go everyday, sometimes twice. Im trying to do 3 Gi and 2 no Gi sessions a week. I set a schedule for this in addition to my regular workouts, sometimes more sometimes less.

i’m just asking the obvious question(s) based on your own assessments…maybe you wouldn’t have to do ‘stretches all night’ if you didn’t do 2 a days or ate normally? understood you you wanting to get your money’s worth but if doing so results in being constantly run down doesn’t it kinda defeat the purpose, especially being it’s not your profession? 😂 like what’s the urgency? obviously getting more reps matters but, generally quality reps over quantity…

i don’t necessarily see the relevance in comparing what other people do when it come your own judgement about your activity capacity, because you don’t necessarily know what they’re doing, what outcomes they have to deal with, and most obviously you are not them…

anyways it’s just truly out of curiosity that i ask these questions

i’m just asking the obvious question(s) based on your own assessments…maybe you wouldn’t have to do ‘stretches all night’ if you didn’t do 2 a days or ate normally? understood you you wanting to get your money’s worth but if doing so results in being constantly run down doesn’t it kinda defeat the purpose, especially being it’s not your profession? 😂 like what’s the urgency? obviously getting more reps matters but, generally quality reps over quantity…

i don’t necessarily see the relevance in comparing what other people do when it come your own judgement about your activity capacity, because you don’t necessarily know what they’re doing, what outcomes they have to deal with, and most obviously you are not them…

anyways it’s just truly out of curiosity that i ask these questions

Rolling injured is an inside joke amongst this community. Injuries are unavoidable no matter how much you stretch. I was told I need to get more flexible cause it will make my long legs supper effective so maybe some full stretch yoga days wouldnt hurt.

The purpose is cardiovascular health and being able to kill a man with my bare hands. Its almost worth constantly being in pain. And no im not the only one, people who eat normally in BJJ stay with nagging injuries. My tues/thurs sparring buddy is hurt as well and wouldnt roll last week. :lol:

Im taking it easy on rolling this week. Strictly technique then leave. Thing is my 645am tues thurs classes start with "light rolling" for 20 min.

Taking today and monday off to recover, massage, ice, stretch and will be back at it tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom