STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What's the standard for leg extensions

The whole stack, plus two Houston Texans added on it, no pause. Duh.
full

more PRs, added 5lb to bench for 290 not much of an increase but it’s progress. squat form broke down for 465 (& 450 for that matter) but it wasn’t actually that much of a grind just have to control bouncing out of the bottom of the squat and/to maintain better position to apply force (#thatswhatshesaid 😮‍💨), put 615 on the bar for deadlift but i was kinda fried, not that i felt tired just lost momentum/motivation…numbers on the board going ⬆️ tho!

First workout in a little over two weeks after not being able to go. Felt good. Will slowly kick things up a notch over the next few days.

Never play around sleeping on a garbage mattress. Had me feeling damn near handicap for two straight weeks.

First workout in a little over two weeks after not being able to go. Felt good. Will slowly kick things up a notch over the next few days.

Never play around sleeping on a garbage mattress. Had me feeling damn near handicap for two straight weeks.

Were you sick, couch surfing, on vacation somewhere, what?
wtb3.png

Dear NT Diary,

I squatted in some wrastling (yes, wrastling) shoes for the first time today.

I thought I needed heels due to poor ankle mobility but honestly I couldn't see any limitations and was hitting depth just as easily, if not moreso, than in my Romaleos/Savaleos.

Is this The Whey, Beruseruku Desu Beruseruku Desu Sensei?
Ninja-Lupe.png

I will definitely use them for DLs; I almost pulled hamstring the other day (and actually did last year) when one of the Chucks I was pulling in slipped out with torque applied.
jKKyKN6.png
wresting shoes for squats are goated

d4be1227-f878-4e0e-b136-10b1ce8fae81_text.gif

Back in the Romaleos for squats like I never left.

It lasted two workouts but we’re too close to comps to switch it up now. Roms been my ride or die for years, back to when I was grinding them reps out the sand.

*** Jeezy voice**** Fukk you wrestling shoes when I was ashy, ninja?

My first "heavy" leg day on my own since tearing my achilles 7 years ago.

I have been doing classes and body weight stuff for that duration really, it was more mental than anything

-Did a lot more on leg press than I thought I could as a baseline (8 total plates)
-Did about what I thought I could on squat (my body weight)
-Did less than I thought on dead lift (I tried 225 and could barely do a rep)

Feels good to be back and man I love leg day, it's alot easier to lock in, I found the time went by quicker than other days

My first "heavy" leg day on my own since tearing my achilles 7 years ago.

I have been doing classes and body weight stuff for that duration really, it was more mental than anything

-Did a lot more on leg press than I thought I could as a baseline (8 total plates)
-Did about what I thought I could on squat (my body weight)
-Did less than I thought on dead lift (I tried 225 and could barely do a rep)

Feels good to be back and man I love leg day, it's alot easier to lock in, I found the time went by quicker than other days

if you haven’t tried isometric holds for your achilles, it definitely can help…also squats starting from the bottom (start light!) really helped me with gettting my achilles pain down

hit the gym for 7 consecutive days last week, dropped a 35lb plate on my big toe (i was kinda careless and didn’t notice the haphazard way some wayward soul oriented lodged a 10lb plate into the rack stack, still hurts)…nevertheless PR’d bench, squat & deadlift, hit an ugly struggle 300 on bench, a cool 480 for squat that almost tempted a 495 attempt, & a smooth 615 pull for deadlift

Back
Top Bottom