Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by nealraj006

wj4, I don't see too many vegetables in your diet. I think that you should add some (more), like add a salad to replace the granola bar. Vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals. Plus, they're high fiber and low calorie, keeping you satisfied longer without having to worry about weight gain.
Yes, I don't take in nearly as much veggie as I used to. I cannot replace it with the granola bar (90 cals) because this is consumed during a10 min break in class. The dried pear or apple, granola bar and banana are quick eats that are eaten on breaks. Salads are not that low in cals actually, butI don't mind it. When I get bored of the burgers, I will go back to duck salad again. Probably in a couple of weeks.

^Typically people bulk and then cut. The 2 concepts are basically conflicting

Bulking - taking in greater amounts of calories than usual to build more muscle, faster.

Cutting - almost a direct opposite, maintaining lower caloric intake so that nothing excess is stored.

Originally Posted by jaysonmytoes713

^^^do you normally work out? this could happen just for being outta shape, and working to hard

I work out pretty consistently…4-6 times a week. I've only been takingthe white flood for 3 days…but so far I like it. I was drinking a rockstar every day before the gym and wanted a change…this stuff gives me a good energy thathelps me focus…plus I've noticed full pumps after only the first exercises…I'd recommend it for someone looking for something new.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^Typically people bulk and then cut. The 2 concepts are basically conflicting

Bulking - taking in greater amounts of calories than usual to build more muscle, faster.

Cutting - almost a direct opposite, maintaining lower caloric intake so that nothing excess is stored.
i appreciate that, makes more sense now

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

I just picked up the Iron Gym pull up bar after using a generic rig pull up bar I made myself. It really is great because you can get a quick solid workout in between workouts. I like how you can use it to do pull ups, push ups, dips, and crunches with one piece of equipment.

I leave it up and do a set of pull ups every time I pass under it.
Dips on that bar are no bueno (no range of motion)

Do you have the xtreme version? it's better because you can do wide grip pullups
pimp.gif

I had a solid routine going back in July, but when August rolled around, I fell off. I've been in the gym three times this week and I'm gearing up togo run some Futbol. I plan getting toned, but not super massive. I've 5'7" 160lbs trying to bump that up to about 170lbs of muscle.

2ykhp9l.jpg

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Finally decided to use that trainer I've been paying $200 a month for
smh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

For 2 bills a month, you better see some results, man!

8 essential foods for muscle growth.

http://www.bodybuilding.c...ebuilding_essentials.htm

Christian Bale's program from going from his role in The Machinist to Batman. I can't believed he only ate a can of tuna and an apple to lose weightfor The Machinist. I'd be dead from starvation.

http://www.bodybuilding.c...dark_knight_training.htm

After all these years of being vegetarian, I forgot that people like to add meat and such to salads. If you have a salad full of leafy green vegetables and afew other items used as condiments, not as toppings, a salad can be a great low calorie meal.

Im done bulking. I've gone from a mere 135 lbs, 5'7 in january, to 162 lbs now with 23% body fat. Time to shred that excess lipid
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

yo nt fitness fam- $8 off each bottle of wild berry intrabolic- their newest and supposedly their best flavor

[table][tr][td]Limited Time Sale![/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td]For a limited time, get an extra $8.00 off your purchase of our already discounted Athletic Edge Nutrition IntrAbolic, Wild Berry Punch! To get your extra $8.00 off discount, when checking out use the promotional code:[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]:nerd:ffIntrAbolicWB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bbcom_footer_wht.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
read up on it.
any first-hand acconts of this supp's effectiveness? do you take it a little before your work out? i would think so. very intriguing...

EDIT-on another note, what vitamin do you guys take? which brand? also, fish oil...is ON's fish oil good?

So last night I was doing some dead-lifts (Romanian I believe)

Im up to 260lbs 1rep Max

After I was done and moved on to some lad pulls etc, I began to start feeling queezy

I could not continue working cause I felt like I was going to throw up

when I got out the gym I tried taking a breather for about 5 minutes before heading home but I still had that throwing up feeling, I waited and it was inevitable.

I threw up water I drank and some of the protein shake I had take earlier (Im not sure what went out, but it was mostly water)

Anyone had this experience before? Was it the weight I lifted that affected my stomach?
You were exerting yourself to the point that your insulin levels kind of bug out, and so your body can't handle it when lactic acid keptbuilding up set after set. Usually happens if you haven't eaten enough in the day or before your workout, or if you're training in a way you'renot used to, like doing a couple of intense leg exercises, etc.... If it happens again, get some gatorade or some other simple sugar that absorbs quickly anddrink that and just sit and chill for a while. Don't take the protein until you're feeling a little better. You just needed to spike your insulin.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

yo nt fitness fam- $8 off each bottle of wild berry intrabolic- their newest and supposedly their best flavor

[table][tr][td]Limited Time Sale![/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td]For a limited time, get an extra $8.00 off your purchase of our already discounted Athletic Edge Nutrition IntrAbolic, Wild Berry Punch! To get your extra $8.00 off discount, when checking out use the promotional code:[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]:nerd:ffIntrAbolicWB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bbcom_footer_wht.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]
read up on it.
any first-hand acconts of this supp's effectiveness? do you take it a little before your work out? i would think so. very intriguing...

EDIT-on another note, what vitamin do you guys take? which brand? also, fish oil...is ON's fish oil good?
it is my favorite supp at the moment (besides whey and creatine of course)

intra-workout.....stamina (beta alanine) + hwp + bcaa's
glasses.gif

works good, tastes good. only one tiny complaint is that it takes a little time to mix

Somebody talk to me about creatine. I know the benefits, what I wanna hear about are your personal experiences. side effects, gains, pumps and such.

I have so much Creatine I don't plan on ever using. I even have that kind that claims to be specially made for type 2 (fast twitch) muscle fibers that LukeLowrey and Jumpusa are pushing. I just don't have any need to be trying to get any bigger

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Somebody talk to me about creatine. I know the benefits, what I wanna hear about are your personal experiences. side effects, gains, pumps and such.

I felt like it was making my muscles look saggy and water logged, so I stopped.

i'm thinking about buying this now. thanks for the heads up cam. only thing is my funds are DEPLETED right now. dangerously low lol i need to buy caseintoo. i have enough for today and tomorrow. fml

Saggy muscles huh? I'm still unsure if I wanna mess with it or not. Anybody else have any insight?

aceofjays: i have been taking creatine for about three weeks now i havent had any issues of any type and i am seeing some pretty good results as well

Back
Top Bottom