Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

damn 1200-1300 for a 1 bedroom? Where you stay at bro?

The Bronx..poorest borough at that
ohwell.gif

that kind of money would get you a nice lil loft in Houston
Don't remind me
tired.gif

I could be livin' it up in Atlanta or Houston.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by wj4

If your 24 Hr Fitness is actually open 24 hours a day, you may wanna look into it, my dude. When I was going there at night, at 11PM or so, I would see a lot of other workers that just gotten off work go lift before coming home. Costco is still having the $300/2 year membership going on too BTW.
Def gonna look into that...

ohwell.gif
you should prolly look into some basement apts. And how about energy fellers? i don't really see any recommendation, so i assume just getting into the routine and working out again, eating properly in the right intervals will get you going for like a long #!@ 10 hr workday?
I've looked into that...still very expensive. Even studios are running for 900-1000. Considering rent, eating right, misc bills(phone, cable, household necessities), and possibly a car note soon i'll def need the extra income. On the fitness tip, i don't even know how to eat right and i'm sure my metabolism is out of whack
laugh.gif
1200-1300 is something like that for a 1 bedroom in the DC Area. Most places have a fitness center in the bulding if not, there is a gym not far from there. My gym has a special $9.99/month 24 hrs, new eqiupment, sauna, tanning room, boxing, cardio, the works. I think they also off student discounts if you are in school
Only places out here that have indoor gyms are expensive as hell... i'll be paying around 1500-1600.

Anybody mess with any NO products.....

....I'm currently using NO Synthesize and stacking with NO Shotgun.

Originally Posted by Prez T

Originally Posted by Elocin023

Prez T- Don't be giving no previews! Dang, I don't even feel special anymore.
smh.gif

This thread is great. Not really contributing but checking up on it periodically.
roll.gif
roll.gif
like i said , my abs > Kestons abs

on the real though , he has my ideal body type
Umm definitely not. And if he has your ideal body type then his are better.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You aint slackin though.

ohwell.gif
smh.gif
damnnn
Son you can live in a nice condo with gated access a garage and a gym, for that much money.

Definitely good to see other peeps up on that fitness tip.

Been going to the gym strong now for little over a year now.

The best way to stay motivated for me is just to humble yourself. There's always something you can improve on and someone who has a better body than you/orhas a body you want.

The gym has been one of the best teachers of self motivation for me. If you can get it done there, you can get it done anywhere in my opinion.

That type of consistent committment shows alot about one's character.

Here is my leg work that I did today

Squats 10/10
1-185 lbs 1-225
6-245
1-265
1-275

Leg press
4-plates on each side x120 reps (broken up)
Hamstring curls and lunges

Sprints
11/110's with 55 second rest.

I'm already sore..

For the people who go to a 24/7 how do you like it? Anything I should know? Never held a membership to a gym before.

Bout to go to Publix for some chicken breasts, salad, and eggs.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

For the people who go to a 24/7 how do you like it? Anything I should know? Never held a membership to a gym before.

I have Shaq 24 hour fitness around my way....It's like 30 a month, I think, not to sure. But I had a 7 day trial membership (see if the oneyou want to go to has one), and I was hittin the gym at like 1 in the morning and s'. And it had a pool and basketball court. It's a good investmentimo.

Don't have a membership at 24/7 but I've had my membership at 24 hour fitness for over a year now. The trainers can check your body fatwith calipers(sp?) for free. They also have free classes such as aerobics, shadow kick boxing, biking, abs etc... It's a good investment. The gyms haveshowers. Don't drop the soap. As for your workout, it's good to switch things up because your body will get used to it. Goodluck!

I had a 7 day pass to the Shaq one in the Grove and it was alright. The people that worked there seemed sorta pushy though. That particular onewas pretty small and didn't have a pool or basketball court but it wasn't really crowded when I went, mostly in the mornings or early afternoon.

Right now I'm a member at LA fitness until I go up to fsu in the fall. It's not bad there, they have everything I need (cardio & weights) and theyhave a court and pool. The free weights are so unorganized and never in the right place.

For dudes who are just starting up...keep track one way or another. Be it marking it on a calendar, taking gradual pix or whatever, hell even post up on thisthread like it's your own blog. Because you'll see yourself daily, you won't notice the change until you look back at the before pic..that'swhen you feel great and want to go in even harder.

Originally Posted by wj4

For dudes who are just starting up...keep track one way or another. Be it marking it on a calendar, taking gradual pix or whatever, hell even post up on this thread like it's your own blog. Because you'll see yourself daily, you won't notice the change until you look back at the before pic..that's when you feel great and want to go in even harder.
bodyspace.com

too lazy to use it mysef but its got goal tracking and #%%!. i think you can do photos and stuff too? not sure, but it's popular.

i don't take pics again im too lazy so i track my progress thru strength gains mostly.

i remember not being able to ut up 135 back in like sophomore year
tired.gif

now 3 plates + get repped
happy.gif

squats man first time i did em again i was struggling doing like 185 and that wasn't even parallel

crazy how weak i used to be
frown.gif

Yah I was referred to bodyspace.com by a friend too. Like you, I'm too lazy to use it. I just mark down 'gym' on my calendar for the day I went towork out. Last semester when there were times after class where I felt like skipping, I just looked at how far I came and went through with it. When I leavethe gym, I felt extra good...rushed home to mark 'gym' for that day.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airboy23

sneakerking,

I'd be happy with your build as is, no 'mo.
That's what I'm saying.

I'm trying to get to that at least.

update from me 6 lbs. down, 50-60 lbs more to go.. Started July 1st fell off the wagon a couple days, got back on..

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by airboy23

sneakerking,

I'd be happy with your build as is, no 'mo.
That's what I'm saying.

I'm trying to get to that at least.
laugh.gif
Man I'm just aiming for this by summer 2010..
neverbackdownpic5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom