Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Crazy how much strength one can lose in a matter of months.
smh.gif

Use to start off on bench at 225. Struggled with 205 today.
tired.gif

I'm trying to go from this.
21cfko6.jpg

Back to something like this.

can i put team fitness on my sig? i dont usually do that, dont know how it works...do i just put it up there?

Anyone else got a resistance band like the one TO has in that pic?
I bought one a few weeks ago, surprised how good of a workout you can get with it

i used to mess with the lifeline usa resistance bands when i trained mma. they are endorsed by erik paulson and were if not are still used by greg nelson'sgym (sean sherk and brock lesnar train there).

they can kick your butt if you use them right. we mostly used them with the belt, attaching the bands to a pole and the belt, then hit pads while maintaining agood resistance the whole round. talk about killing your legs.

they are also good for indoor sprint drills if you have the belt.

Originally Posted by crod6926

can i put team fitness on my sig? i dont usually do that, dont know how it works...do i just put it up there?
Anyone can rock the sig if they're dedicated to bettering themselves.

Anyone got a good exercise that works the lower abs? I swear the only exercise I do that I can feel it in the lower abs is when I get on the pull up bar andlift my legs up slowly.

Damn it
smh.gif
Cant go to a gym for a few months till I figure out where im going to move. I could do a short term (3 months) but the prices are insane.

Originally Posted by wj4

Anyone got a good exercise that works the lower abs? I swear the only exercise I do that I can feel it in the lower abs is when I get on the pull up bar and lift my legs up slowly.

I might put it in my sig as well. Anyways, for the lower abs try:

Bicycle kicks (forward and reverse)
Reverse crunches (pull knees ttowards body
Mountain climbers
Scissor (sp?) kicks (dont let one leg touch floorm while other is extended in air)

Windshield Wipers.

One of the most formidable ab exercise.

If not the hardest to do.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by wj4

Anyone got a good exercise that works the lower abs? I swear the only exercise I do that I can feel it in the lower abs is when I get on the pull up bar and lift my legs up slowly.

I might put it in my sig as well. Anyways, for the lower abs try:

Bicycle kicks (forward and reverse)
Reverse crunches (pull knees ttowards body
Mountain climbers
Scissor (sp?) kicks (dont let one leg touch floorm while other is extended in air)
^^ sounds like the ab ripper x exercises..but yeah those are good

yeah i will be rocking the sig

since ive last posted ive still maintained a good work out routine and needless to say i feel better every day. im more motivated and cant wait till the nextworkout. and coming here and readin the advice really helps too

For the your entire core, hang from a pull up bar and bring your feet to where your hands are. It's the whole range of motion that hanging leg raisesdon't cover.

Originally Posted by Grimey

What are the best snacks for in between meals?

Almonds, blueberries, apples, banana
Great stuff. I also like watermelon and oranges, and sweet potato...best veggie out there, with regular potato coming in at a far 2nd, nutritionwise.

I used to do bicycle kicks, 2 sets of 50. But I will try the others you mentioned.

Originally Posted by wj4

Great stuff. I also like watermelon and oranges, and sweet potato...best veggie out there, with regular potato coming in at a far 2nd, nutrition wise.

I used to do bicycle kicks, 2 sets of 50. But I will try the others you mentioned.
Though fruits are an excellent snack choice, I've always preferred more protein rich snacks:

Beef Jerky, (Watch the sodium though)
Cottage Cheese
Canned tuna
Protein shake

For carbs, I take this tortilla I buy that's made out of whole grain sprouts...it's called ezekiel tortillas from trader joes.... and microwave it tillit's hard (about 2 min) It tastes and has a texture of a corn chip without all the bad stuff, and is a great source of fiber and slow digesting carbs.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by wj4

Great stuff. I also like watermelon and oranges, and sweet potato...best veggie out there, with regular potato coming in at a far 2nd, nutrition wise.

Though fruits are an excellent snack choice, I've always preferred more protein rich snacks:

Beef Jerky, (Watch the sodium though)
Cottage Cheese
Canned tuna
Protein shake

For carbs, I take this tortilla I buy that's made out of whole grain sprouts...it's called ezekiel tortillas from trader joes.... and microwave it till it's hard (about 2 min) It tastes and has a texture of a corn chip without all the bad stuff, and is a great source of fiber and slow digesting carbs.
Canned tuna is a good choice too. I found this one at the market where it's in a cup so it's even easier to open. It's under 100cals and has a good amount of protein and not so much fat. I used to like cottage cheese with my banana too, but I got too lazy of actually combining the two.
laugh.gif

I've seen a few questions about ab exercises, so here's a good amount to choose from. Some of you might know about these but this is for those who needsome more variety.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Just had some tuna on wheat with no mayo

!+$* was disgusting
smh.gif
that must have been so dry
laugh.gif

Place had no fat free mayo..
mad.gif

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Just had some tuna on wheat with no mayo

!+$* was disgusting
smh.gif
that must have been so dry
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I used to try to force myself to eat it straight out the can, but I couldn't take it.
sick.gif

ive had tuna out the can plenty of times.........

also i always keep these in stock in the cabinet.......great for on the go or in between snack

F10-0256004-7100bg.jpg

also i keep these stocked in my car like they are candy treats

Planters%C2%AE%20Mixed%20Nuts%20-%2056%20oz.%20canister.jpg

never know when hunger is gonna call.

i think food all day.

NT is gettin serious
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom