Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

My work schedule as of next week is gonna look like

8am-4pm 1st job
8pm-2am 2nd job

Gonna be almost impossible to eat right and hit the gym
ohwell.gif

damn that schedule is killa, are you off on weekends?

that is brutal, i don't think i could take a non-career type job that didn't allow for 8+ hrs of sleep.

for me health >> money

8am-4pm 1st job
8pm-2am 2nd job

ohwell.gif
Do you have a 24 hr Fitness near the crib, dude? But yeah getting sleep would be a concern. After a long day, you may fall asleep on thetreadmill or something.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

that is brutal, i don't think i could take a non-career type job that didn't allow for 8+ hrs of sleep.

for me health >> money
Me and my mom haven't been on great terms lately so i'm tryin' to get my own place. A decent 1br out here is gonna run me atleast1200-1300... so i pretty much have no choice..

Originally Posted by wj4

8am-4pm 1st job
8pm-2am 2nd job

ohwell.gif
Do you have a 24 hr Fitness near the crib, dude? But yeah getting sleep would be a concern. After a long day, you may fall asleep on the treadmill or something.
frown.gif
There's one 20 minutes away..

If your 24 Hr Fitness is actually open 24 hours a day, you may wanna look into it, my dude. When I was going there at night, at 11PM or so, I would see a lotof other workers that just gotten off work go lift before coming home. Costco is still having the $300/2 year membership going on too BTW.

Originally Posted by wj4

If your 24 Hr Fitness is actually open 24 hours a day, you may wanna look into it, my dude. When I was going there at night, at 11PM or so, I would see a lot of other workers that just gotten off work go lift before coming home. Costco is still having the $300/2 year membership going on too BTW.
Def gonna look into that...

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

damn 1200-1300 for a 1 bedroom? Where you stay at bro?

The Bronx..poorest borough at that
ohwell.gif

I've read Men's health and Men's fitness magazine on the regular and here are some diet tips that i follow closely

1) Always eat a big breafast. Study shows eating a big breakfast in the morning yields a smaller waist line
2) Some of the best sources of proteins for an affordable price are beans, nuts, milk, eggs,....
3) Eat 5-6 small meals between 3-4 hours to increase metabolism

Seriously tho, im at a stage where i be looking at doughnuts, french fries, burgers, pizzas, etc and i gag. I be thinking in my head like "Holy crap imnot gonna put my body through such a journey in order to break down the poisonous components of such disasters others call food"
sick.gif

Besides protein shake, some of the recommended recovery foods include coffee, dark-green veggies (romaine, spinach)

I don't take vitamins tho. I try to get my vitamins from eating lots of fruits and veggies. I believe that by eating them often, i can obtain the amount ofnutritions i need, as well as quench my insatiable appetite. Without filling myself up with fruits and veggies i probably would snack on chips, cookies.....Soits a win win for me.

I want a TEAM FITNESS sig too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Shaky3

Just got back
pimp.gif

Sig check
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But can someone answer my previous question lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i just got back too . what was your previous question ?

Originally Posted by wj4

If your 24 Hr Fitness is actually open 24 hours a day, you may wanna look into it, my dude. When I was going there at night, at 11PM or so, I would see a lot of other workers that just gotten off work go lift before coming home. Costco is still having the $300/2 year membership going on too BTW.

ohwell.gif
you should prolly look into some basement apts. And how about energy fellers? i don't really see any recommendation, so i assume just gettinginto the routine and working out again, eating properly in the right intervals will get you going for like a long #!@ 10 hr workday?

Prez T- Don't be giving no previews! Dang, I don't even feel special anymore.
smh.gif

This thread is great. Not really contributing but checking up on it periodically.

ohwell.gif

that kind of money would get you a nice lil loft in Houston
Don't remind me
tired.gif

I could be livin' it up in Atlanta or Houston.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by wj4

ohwell.gif
you should prolly look into some basement apts. And how about energy fellers? i don't really see any recommendation, so i assume just getting into the routine and working out again, eating properly in the right intervals will get you going for like a long #!@ 10 hr workday?
I've looked into that...still very expensive. Even studios are running for 900-1000. Considering rent, eating right, misc bills(phone, cable,household necessities), and possibly a car note soon i'll def need the extra income. On the fitness tip, i don't even know how to eat right andi'm sure my metabolism is out of whack
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Elocin023

Prez T- Don't be giving no previews! Dang, I don't even feel special anymore.
smh.gif

This thread is great. Not really contributing but checking up on it periodically.
roll.gif
roll.gif
like i said , my abs > Kestons abs

on the real though , he has my ideal body type

^ My question was how many workouts do you guys do for a particular muscle?

Today I did 3 for my biceps, 3 for my triceps, and 2 for my shoulders. Did I overtrain anything?

My biggest concern is my chest though, because after 2 workouts my chest is fried. I want to do 3, but I'm not sure if that will overtrain it or not.

ohwell.gif

that kind of money would get you a nice lil loft in Houston
Don't remind me
tired.gif

I could be livin' it up in Atlanta or Houston.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by wj4

ohwell.gif
you should prolly look into some basement apts. And how about energy fellers? i don't really see any recommendation, so i assume just getting into the routine and working out again, eating properly in the right intervals will get you going for like a long #!@ 10 hr workday?
I've looked into that...still very expensive. Even studios are running for 900-1000. Considering rent, eating right, misc bills(phone, cable, household necessities), and possibly a car note soon i'll def need the extra income. On the fitness tip, i don't even know how to eat right and i'm sure my metabolism is out of whack
laugh.gif
1200-1300 is something like that for a 1 bedroom in the DC Area. Most places have a fitness center in the bulding if not, there is a gym not farfrom there. My gym has a special $9.99/month 24 hrs, new eqiupment, sauna, tanning room, boxing, cardio, the works. I think they also off student discountsif you are in school

Today I did 3 for my biceps, 3 for my triceps, and 2 for my shoulders. Did I overtrain anything?

My biggest concern is my chest though, because after 2 workouts my chest is fried. I want to do 3, but I'm not sure if that will overtrain it or not.
i usually do 3-4 per muscle / muscle group , each with roughly 3 sets

I dont see anything you did today that can be classified as "overtrain" IMO. But you should let them rest for the next day or two. As weall know, muscles don't grow while you lift. They grow as they heal, which is the days that you rest.

I use to hit the gym EVERYDAY and did it till i dropped dead tired on the floor. My body was exhausted but i didnt feel much pain. Then i started take breaks(1-2 days in between) and i was able to exercise more explosively and even lifted more.
If your chest is fried then i would take it as a good thing. When i discover a new exercise for a particular muscle group, i drop 1 of the usual routines i dofor that muscle group for it. And sure enough the next day that muscle group is DEAD and sore. I'd continue that new routine for 2 weeks, then i replacethe one i dropped with another one . Its like a rotation. The more moves i discover, the bigger the rotation. This ensures surprises for my body.

If any info i've given there, anyone would like to modify then please do so as i would like to learn too if any mistakes are present.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom