Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by TD The God

I remember someone posting someone who wrapped their stomach in saran wrap in order to lose some water weight around their mid section.....due to my laziness, I need to lose some quick....I have 10 days to do it in....someone help.....I'm also in the gym everyday
Not 100% but the weight you drop by doing that you will gain back within the next 24 hrs as you drink more water.

I remember someone posting someone who wrapped their stomach in saran wrap in order to lose some water weight around their mid section.....due to my laziness, I need to lose some quick....I have 10 days to do it in....someone help.....I'm also in the gym everyday

Focus on cardio in the gym and cut your carb and sodium intake. That maybe the best way to cut some water weight from your stomach.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Not 100% but the weight you drop by doing that you will gain back within the next 24 hrs as you drink more water.
Yep. You're just shedding out water. Water makes up 60-70% of our body weight.

A lot of my friends do that before their fights...just put on a sauna suit and go kick it in the steam room for several hours to lose the lbs for the weightin. After you drink water, the weight comes right back on.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Can anyone recommend me a good tasting protein bar?

I just want something with a good amount of protein that I won't have to force down.
rockyroad96gi.jpg

Rediculously
pimp.gif

It sticks to your teeth though, and be sure to wear an apron when you eat it
laugh.gif

It's a little heavy on the sat fat though, but it tastes amazing. Not really an everyday bar, but it tastes the best.

http://www.bodybuilding.c...supreme/supremebars.html

Originally Posted by superhitman

Ok i need some help, i am out of shape an really wanna get in shape. I am 6'2" an about 212, but mainly fat. What would you guys recommend that i do, at this point i just wanna lose my chest, an get rid of most of this fat. After i do that then i will start to focus on toning. Also i eat un healthy, but i dont mind eatting healthy i just dont do it cause its not as convenient for me but its time for me to get in shape. Thanks

Any help

you want a low cal bar and low carbs get some myoplex bars , it still had like 25 gram of protein or something . to me doesnt taste bad

Originally Posted by RFX45

Focus on cardio in the gym and cut your carb and sodium intake. That maybe the best way to cut some water weight from your stomach.
So I can take off this tight !!% saran wrap.....I don't do much cardio, mainlycause I can't do any high impact leg movements...and sitting on the bike for 30 minutes sucks....but i guess I gotta do it.....

^^^ Do other forms of cardio, like boat rows, I heard that is the best cardio machine as it is a full body workout.
You can probably join a class that makes cardio better like spinning (some NTers highly recommend them) to change it up and try something new.

Ok i need some help, i am out of shape an really wanna get in shape. I am 6'2" an about 212, but mainly fat. What would you guys recommend that i do, at this point i just wanna lose my chest, an get rid of most of this fat. After i do that then i will start to focus on toning. Also i eat un healthy, but i dont mind eatting healthy i just dont do it cause its not as convenient for me but its time for me to get in shape. Thanks

Any help

Just read the thread and it should pretty much answer your question.
You already answered part of it just by stating you need to eat healthier.
Simple suggestion, eat healthier foods and do cardio to lose fat.
Calories burnt has to be greater than calories consumed.

if he's trying to drop weigh (fat) he shouldn't focus on a real weight lifting routine yet. He will be disappointed because he wild build muscle mass therefore not loosing weight.
Nobody puts on that much muscle that fast. If you're not on steroids, the most muscle a healthy young adult male (solid, lean muscle mass)can put on his frame in a year is about 10-20 lbs. There may be some exceptions to this, but it's kind of rare, and if someone is clinically obese, or atthe very least, siginificantly overweight, they're not gonna put on so much muscle that it's going to add to their weight, or even out with the loss inbodyfat. If you're working hard in the gym and you gain like 1-2 lbs of muscle, you probably burned about 10 lbs or more of body fat in the process. Evenif you didn't gain any muscle mass, you're challenging your muscles which means they'll need to be fed to recover, so the calories you'retaking in are working to repair muscle tissue instead of just sitting there waiting to get burned off.

Cliffs Notes version:
Lifting weights is good for losing weight/bodyfat.
Cardio and diet are equally important, but you're really shortchanging yourself if you neglect strength training.

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Never said what a real weight lifitng routine is

You saying weight lifting> cardio

Show me proof that you burn more fat weight lifting than running/swimming.

Weight lifting is not the best fat burner.

That's why I said focus on cardio.

Once he looses the fat and is ready to bulk(Gain healthy weigh/muscle mass) he can focus on a real weight lifting routine.

In terms of his goals and what he wants to achieve, he will get to them much faster with a greater focus on resistance training than he will with aerobicactiviy.

laugh.gif
I need to show you proof that weight lifting will burn more fat?? Resistance training will keep your metabolism raised for at least 24 hours post exercise while aerobic activity is constrained to raising the metabolism duringthe amount of time youre aerobically active. Im not about to bring up some un-credible website to show you proof, nor am I about to scan a book to give youfactual evidence. Look it up and youll see that im correct.

I still cant believe youre suggesting that someone do aerobic work until theyve lost 20 lbs, THEN bulk up their weight. Unreal.

Originally Posted by shoeGUINDALOON

Originally Posted by gatorad3

To all the guys here that know this stuff what yall think of my workout..
Monday- Workout A
bench press 3x8
deadlift 3x8
squat 3x8
lateral pulldown 3x8

Cardio 15-20minutes

Tuesday & Thursday
30 minute cardio on elliptical

Wednesday - Workout B
incline bench press 3x8
romanian deadlift 3x8
standing military shoulder press 3x8
front squat - 3x8

Cardio 15-20 minutes

Rest Times are usually 30-40secs in between reps.

Friday - Workout A

Following Week - Switch Workout A and B

trying to lose my remaining fat of like 20lbs or so.

imo poor. your training split is not great. body parts should be trained once a week. doin one execrcise per body part twice a week is not gonna cut it.
if you could only make it to lift 3xs a week . I would suggest chest tris/ back bis / shoulders legs. 3 or 4 exercises per part. Cardio should be done on an empty stomach first thinfg in morning 45 minute low intensity. If done post workout 15- 25 minute in variation intesity intervals. (ex 1 min high level, 2 low level until duration is finished)

but no matter what workout you use, your diet is gonna get your results

I am going to agree with some guys who have chimed in already. This is not great advice. I cna post a bunch of articles that say the best way to lose weight isto lift full body for 3 days a week. Speeds up metabolism. The kid didn't say he wants to be a bodybuilder, which are the type of splits you are givinghim.

For the Op check the link I posted a couple pages back to tnation, read the archives, great stuff int here for you. All look up an author by the name of wetwolf, he will be able to educate you. I like what you doing right now, might need some tweeks, more interval training.

Steady state cardio sucks. Here is a question or experiment. Go to a long distance race or marathon, plenty of fat people running, go to a track meet, younever see a fat person sprinting.

I am going to agree with some guys who have chimed in already. This is not great advice. I cna post a bunch of articles that say the best way to lose weight is to lift full body for 3 days a week. Speeds up metabolism. The kid didn't say he wants to be a bodybuilder, which are the type of splits you are giving him.

Basically, no one routine is good for one person. Put it this way, any routine you start on, as long as it makes sense, is only going to work as long as itworks. Your body will adapt to a total-body workout 3 days a week the same as it will adapt to Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's, Legs/Shoulders and so on. Takewhatever free workouts/advice people on here throw at you, do some of your own online/literary research and stick with a routine for a few weeks and thenchange it up. If you're just trying to lose weight, that's not a bad approach.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by shoeGUINDALOON

as I said loosing the extra 20 lbs will come in the form of diet and cardio. But if lifting is goin to take place muscle development is in mind. and training body parts once a week is optimum for muscle recovery and growth. In order to reach is goal I would stick wit my recommendation but only dercrease time between sets and increase intensity of sets.
Its quicker/easier to lose weight with resistance training than it is by doing aerobic activity.

A whole week in between body part isnt the optimum amount of time for muscle recovery. After 48-72 hours the muscles are completely recovered.

You recommend decreasing the amount of time between sets and increasing the intensity??
laugh.gif
Dude, he said his rest times are 30-40 seconds. You want him to increase the resistance and rest for 20 seconds?

This is the reasoning why giving individual advice in this thread can be dangerous.

Sorry didnt read the rest time. It totally depends on your intensity and diet as to whether you will recover. If you are in the gym "exercising" atabout 50-60% intensity you will recover just fine. If you are in the gym gettin your moneys worth it takes around a week. One execrcise is not goin to doenough muscle tear to warrant even a 48-72 hr recovery. hense making his workout aerobic. I am stating my opinion and what works for me. Diet is king. highintensity training and cardio compliment.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

if he's trying to drop weigh (fat) he shouldn't focus on a real weight lifting routine yet. He will be disappointed because he wild build muscle mass therefore not loosing weight.
Nobody puts on that much muscle that fast. If you're not on steroids, the most muscle a healthy young adult male (solid, lean muscle mass) can put on his frame in a year is about 10-20 lbs. There may be some exceptions to this, but it's kind of rare, and if someone is clinically obese, or at the very least, siginificantly overweight, they're not gonna put on so much muscle that it's going to add to their weight, or even out with the loss in bodyfat. If you're working hard in the gym and you gain like 1-2 lbs of muscle, you probably burned about 10 lbs or more of body fat in the process. Even if you didn't gain any muscle mass, you're challenging your muscles which means they'll need to be fed to recover, so the calories you're taking in are working to repair muscle tissue instead of just sitting there waiting to get burned off.

Cliffs Notes version:
Cardio and diet are equally important, but you're really shortchanging yourself if you neglect strength training.

This is what we need in here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Nobody puts on that much muscle that fast. If you're not on steroids, the most muscle a healthy young adult male (solid, lean muscle mass) can put on his frame in a year is about 10-20 lbs. There may be some exceptions to this, but it's kind of rare, and if someone is clinically obese, or at the very least, siginificantly overweight, they're not gonna put on so much muscle that it's going to add to their weight, or even out with the loss in bodyfat. If you're working hard in the gym and you gain like 1-2 lbs of muscle, you probably burned about 10 lbs or more of body fat in the process. Even if you didn't gain any muscle mass, you're challenging your muscles which means they'll need to be fed to recover, so the calories you're taking in are working to repair muscle tissue instead of just sitting there waiting to get burned off.

Cliffs Notes version:

pimp.gif

that was pretty much common sense tho.. i know dudes can't be this oblivious to working out.

my breakfast was pretty measly again, because I was running late..

I haven't been eating a 100% right, but I've saved a lot on not eating fast food over the past 3 weeks..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gonna hit up the gym later this evening.

Training the body parts once a week wont cut it if the goal is to lose weight.

yes it will...

i lost 60+ pounds that way. at least half of that weight i didn't even do cardio to lose it (without counting some of the lifting as cardio, which it canbe). just worked out different body parts once a week and had a decent diet.

i just do legs on mondays, chest on tuesdays, and then back, shoulders, and arms whatever days during the rest of the week.

worked for me.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Cliffs Notes version:

pimp.gif
that was pretty much common sense tho.. i know dudes can't be this oblivious to working out.

my breakfast was pretty measly again, because I was running late..

I haven't been eating a 100% right, but I've saved a lot on not eating fast food over the past 3 weeks..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gonna hit up the gym later this evening.

I know, but go back some odd pages and people were arguing it. Hell go on any weight lifting forum and people are arguing it even when people who did it showtheir monthly comparisons.

Originally Posted by jphonix

Training the body parts once a week wont cut it if the goal is to lose weight.

yes it will...

i lost 60+ pounds that way. at least half of that weight i didn't even do cardio to lose it (without counting some of the lifting as cardio, which it can be). just worked out different body parts once a week and had a decent diet.

i just do legs on mondays, chest on tuesdays, and then back, shoulders, and arms whatever days during the rest of the week.

worked for me.
So youre claiming that simply doing one body part a day was the contributing factor to your weight loss? No, It didnt.

ANY excercise for an untrained individual with the addition of changes in eating habits will produce weight loss. Trylosing 20 or 60 lbs now with that same setup.

I depends on the person I do about 80% weight training 20% cardio because I don't need to lose fat. But a person who is lets say 300 pounds and trying tolose fat should do more cardio then weight training for faster results.

My question is, is it best to split the days around(lifting/cardio). Like say 4 days a week lift then 3 do cardio

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

I depends on the person I do about 80% weight training 20% cardio because I don't need to lose fat. But a person who is lets say 300 pounds and trying to lose fat should do more cardio then weight training for faster results.

A person who weighs 300 lbs of mostly fat will have a very difficult time lifting weights in general due to the excess fat theyre carrying. Thats not theargument though. 20 lbs was the amount of weight that was being discussed. Theres a big difference between losing 20lbs of excess fat and being morbidlyobese and trying to lose weight.

Someone set this straight for me. (I know its repititive). In order to lose weight I have to burn more calories than I consume. I eat about 2,000 cals a day,so I have to burn about 2,500 cals? I ask because IMO burning that much cals is hard for me (I do eat right). But I just dont have the time to workout thatlong. Is there another way around it?

so many different opinions... a combo of lifting/cardio works the best depending on the goal trying to be reached. Eating better goes a long way with weightloss

Back
Top Bottom