Steph Marbury gives Melo and Amare some advice

So basically he just called Carmelo fat. 
laugh.gif

that's what you got out of that? steph calls melo fat?

sounds like it's boot camp style in china and that most "stars" would hate it. They work you to exhaustion in practice plus the transportation consists of buses and trains.

Steph is definitely correct. STAT maybe built like that but Melo isn't.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Unless he knows Amare loves cross country running then yes, he did call Melo fat. And lazy.

Originally Posted by DubA169

sounds like it's boot camp style in china and that most "stars" would hate it. They work you to exhaustion in practice plus the transportation consists of buses and trains.

You trying to be serious? Oh.

laugh.gif
@ Steph giving advice on anything besides what kind of Vaseline goes best with a turkey club on rye

I don't think that's advice as much as it is a warning. Hell, I think that would be good for some of the NBA starts to go through. Doubt they'd have a good attitude about it though.

Steph has been doing his thing over there so I'd take his word for it... Not only that but other lesser known players have said the same thing.
nerd.gif

the saddest part of the whole article is that stephon is dead serious in thinking that melo/amare will actually go to china...

lulz...if they do it is just a PR stunt they won't train and probably play in a couple of games halfheartedly...

lockout= extended vacation... they are loving it...no one wants to work.

playing with half effort is exactly when injuries happen

these dudes would rather get paid and live in NYC. Trust me they don't want a lockout, they can take vacations on their own.

I think these players need the right mindset if they really are going to go through with it. Even something minor like food will play a factor. It's a completely different experience.

could end up hurting the players leverage if they all go for significantly less money and run back after a month because they hate it

I don't mean to change the subject, but reading that article made me think of how hard they worked Yao Ming in his healthy days. Adding that to a full NBA season, dude literally got no rest.

Knowing China, they're strict as hell and expect their players to be extremely disciplined...That's what I'd assume why they can't "handle" it.

Back
Top Bottom