Stephen Curry Jumpshot appreciation Vol. 2nd coming of Reggie?

Coming from someone who plays basketball regularly and sees some dudes with some horrid jumpers this kid is a breath of fresh air. His jumper is sotextbook, even more than his fathers. I feel bad for anyone guarding him because ur in for a long nite of trying to get past screens and Curry making it rainin your face. Given the lack of shooters in the NBA I think his game will translate well at the next level because he can handle the ball and make his own shotunlike JJ Reddick.

Yo i was just talkin to my friend about how he is gonna be ok in the leauge, more so than JJ.....All he really needs to do is had about 15-20 lbs of muscle andhe'll be fine. His jump shot is so quick and pure, plus his ability to handle the rock makes him that much more deadly.

We were not saying he is goin to dominate, and I dont think he is going to have the impact of reggie miller on the league or on a team but he will be a goodmid to late round first pick after he graduates.

The interesting thing about this kid will be his impact on Davidson. Hopefully with his "star power" he will be able to really build the davidsonprogram and bring in some good recruits and turn Davidson to a mid major power house like Gonzaga. Davidson schedules some really good non conference games somaybe some recruits will think about joinin him, cuz he WILL NOT leave early, I have talked to him and his coach ( his coach doesnt think he's ready - hesnot...and he said his dad and mom want him to graduate- he will)

Reggie? Reggie Miller?

Stop it.

And he's not doin anything JJ couldn't do at the college level right now.

He'll become a better overall player then JJ though, but still...a role player on the next level

His jumpshot is wet, but Reggie Miller? You're reaching.

Reggie was the best shooter at the pro level. Stephen isn't even the best shooter at the college level. Yes, it's great that fundamentals areback--hopefully, but let the kid get drafted and hit a few dozen game winning shots, then get back to me.

Good Lord.

Stephen Curry is having a hell of a tournament run, but God give it a rest.
tired.gif

smh.gif
@ these bandwagon fans, where was the Stephen Curryjumpshot appreciation thread 2 months ago?

I'm REALLY suprised JRain didn't start this thread.
laugh.gif

It's appreciated and it's been a joy to watch him in this tournament. But you can't compare him to Reggie yet. Sure, he's looking good on thecollege level but the defenses in the NBA will be able to stop him more effectively.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Good Lord.

tired.gif

smh.gif
@ these bandwagon fans, where was the Stephen Curry jumpshot appreciation thread 2 months ago?

laugh.gif

Stop it, I played against him in AAU so I known about him B4 davidson. May b iwas reachin witht the Reggie talk. I dont think hes gonna go 1st rdunless his stock goes up considerably in the next 2 years. But if he get paired with a really good slasher thats gonna collaspe the D and get him open shots?He could be a problem.

i think he's more of the second coming of john starks

small shooting guard who has a ton of hear and can really shoot the rock

let's just hope on the next level he doesn't choke in big games

John Starks??

Aint got half of his athleticism or defense.

But if he get paired with a really good slasher thats gonna collaspe the D and get him open shots? He could be a problem.
Exactly. A role player.

But,
How about we enjoy the kid for what he is now...and forget about what he may become.

Dude is a great player, no doubt. But these comparisons don't need to be thrown out, let the kid finish college first. Good looking jumper though,that's for sure. But....25+ points a game with a wet jumper in the NBA >>> 25+ points a game with a wet jumper in COLLEGE. Next you know peopleare going to be calling Tyler Hansbrough the next Karl Malone.

Just on a side note....all it takes is one really bad game and you will see the "Stephen Curry Overrated vol. Darko?" thread show up. He'swhat's hot right now, that's why NT is all over him. Just wait till dude has a couple poor showings, and wait to see what NT says about him.

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Originally Posted by toine2983

Good Lord.

tired.gif

smh.gif
@ these bandwagon fans, where was the Stephen Curry jumpshot appreciation thread 2 months ago?

laugh.gif

Stop it, I played against him in AAU so I known about him B4 davidson. May b iwas reachin witht the Reggie talk. I dont think hes gonna go 1st rd unless his stock goes up considerably in the next 2 years. But if he get paired with a really good slasher thats gonna collaspe the D and get him open shots? He could be a problem.

Physically Curry cant compete on the pro level, sorry.

Oh man... eff outta here with this. Hes undersized mayne, he just cant do what he do in the L. definitely a role player but thats it

grin.gif

I swear man, all it takes as 4 games for some people nowadays to start on some "is ________ better than Michael/Magic/Jesus/Reggie?"

Everyone needs to chill on Curry, if he was better than Reggie, or JJ, or whoever, we would have heard about him before last month.

Don't forget what JJ did either, dude was THE assassin in CBB for multiple years.

You all need to give it up....seriously...

this bandwagoning is getting out of control. Stephen Curry isn't better than Juan Dixon, let alone REGGIE MILLER. The boy is nice, there is no doubt. Ialso believe that he will be a 1st round pick when it comes time for him to declare, but you all need to chill with these comparisons. What he is getting awaywith in college won't happen in the NBA. It's a COMPLETELY different beast. You all think he is going to get the calls he is getting now in the NBA?[Clay Davis] SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE [/Clay Davis].

I understand that some of you are getting carried away with what you are witnessing in the NCAA's. This is nothing to take away from what Curry has done,because the boy has played out of his mind in the tourney. He's 6'3", and how many 6'3" SG's in the NBA have you seen average over11ppg in a season? Not too many. Again, what he is getting away with in college won't happen in the NBA. Juan Dixon is the better player of the two, andhis resume in college > Stephen Curry. His BEST season as a pro was 12ppg for Portland a few years back.

Stephen Curry will be NOTHING MORE than a role player in the mold of a Steve Kerr at best. Enjoy what he is doing in college, because things will change, andNOT be that easy once he gets to the next level...

Reggie Miller
laugh.gif

and for what it's worth, Salim Stoudamire (shooting) >>>>>>> Stephen Curry

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

grin.gif

I swear man, all it takes as 4 games for some people nowadays to start on some "is ________ better than Michael/Magic/Jesus/Reggie?"

Everyone needs to chill on Curry, if he was better than Reggie, or JJ, or whoever, we would have heard about him before last month.

Don't forget what JJ did either, dude was THE assassin in CBB for multiple years.
a lot of true college basketball fans did hear about him before last month.
they heard about him last year when he had an incredible freshman season, and was hyped up hardcore before their first round matchup with maryland.

grin.gif

It is obvious that you don't watch CBB becasue if you did you would know that Curry has been talked about heavy since last December. The kid is aballer for real. He is going to get a lot better. Since there PG is a senior Curry will be playing the point next year to work on his handle and all aroundgame. Is he the next Reggie HELL NO. But he will be a soild role player in the NBA. Better then that dude JJ.

i been keepin up with curry for a min. since i'm in NC.....he dominated the southern conference this year.....he's good but he needs to put on someweight....

grin.gif

laugh.gif
No YOU haven't heard about him until last month. Dude has beendominating his league for 2 years.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You all need to give it up....seriously...

this bandwagoning is getting out of control. Stephen Curry isn't better than Juan Dixon, let alone REGGIE MILLER. The boy is nice, there is no doubt. I also believe that he will be a 1st round pick when it comes time for him to declare, but you all need to chill with these comparisons. What he is getting away with in college won't happen in the NBA. It's a COMPLETELY different beast. You all think he is going to get the calls he is getting now in the NBA? [Clay Davis] SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE [/Clay Davis].

I understand that some of you are getting carried away with what you are witnessing in the NCAA's. This is nothing to take away from what Curry has done, because the boy has played out of his mind in the tourney. He's 6'3", and how many 6'3" SG's in the NBA have you seen average over 11ppg in a season? Not too many. Again, what he is getting away with in college won't happen in the NBA. Juan Dixon is the better player of the two, and his resume in college > Stephen Curry. His BEST season as a pro was 12ppg for Portland a few years back.

Stephen Curry will be NOTHING MORE than a role player in the mold of a Steve Kerr at best. Enjoy what he is doing in college, because things will change, and NOT be that easy once he gets to the next level...

Reggie Miller
laugh.gif

and for what it's worth, Salim Stoudamire (shooting) >>>>>>> Stephen Curry

So by that. What do you have to say about Jerryd Bayless and Eric Gordon? Or Russel Westbrook? All dudes being hyped up for the next level but are all thesame height as Stephen Curry. In my opinion Curry has a better all around game than those guys. Only thing they got over him is bounce. I started payingattention to him after Davidson's tourney game last year, and when they should've beat UNC earlier this year he made me a believer. Against UNC, Dukeand UCLA this year he avg 20 in those games and 26 on the season. Now he is putting up 35 a game in the tourney. Against good defensive teams. As for him beingin the league, you wont know until he gets there. Just like everyone else who enters the league.

So by that. What do you have to say about Jerryd Bayless and Eric Gordon? Or Russel Westbrook? All dudes being hyped up for the next level but are all the same height as Stephen Curry. In my opinion Curry has a better all around game than those guys

Westbrook is a lock down defender, has shown he can run the point. Is bigger physically, a far, far superior athlete.

Bayless is a better scorer off the dribble, ran the point, bigger physically, far, far superior athlete. Better defender.

Gordon is a better scorer, period. Far, far superior athlete. His range is just as good. Can get into the lane and get to the line better.

Those 3 and him do not belong in the same discussion..

Just because they are the same height.

So by that. What do you have to say about Jerryd Bayless and Eric Gordon? Or Russel Westbrook? All dudes being hyped up for the next level but are all the same height as Stephen Curry. In my opinion Curry has a better all around game than those guys.
roll.gif
Oh wow...

He'll be a great role player just like daddy. If he becomes anything more than that I'll be suprised.

Originally Posted by 617jordanhead

curyy=eddie house in the NBA dose not have a true position but has a great jumper
that was what i was was thinking the other day. eddie house at asu could fill it up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom