Stephen Curry Jumpshot appreciation Vol. 2nd coming of Reggie?

Point is, nobody was making Stephen Curry appreciation posts after they lost to UNC-Charlotte, because he didn't look like the dominant player that he's been the last 2 weeks.

can someone PLEASE respond to this? Best point made in the whole damn thread....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Point is, nobody was making Stephen Curry appreciation posts after they lost to UNC-Charlotte, because he didn't look like the dominant player that he's been the last 2 weeks.

can someone PLEASE respond to this? Best point made in the whole damn thread....

he dropped 32 that game
The Wildcats responded with an 11-4 run, with Curry scoring eight unanswered points to put Davidson up 51-49 with 7:51 remaining.
tongue.gif

If a post regarding anything about Stephen Curry was made in December, it wouldn't have gone two pages.

That sums it up.

He was a good player then, he's a good player now.

Enjoy it.

Don't overdo it.

Originally Posted by Mebo03

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

he dropped 32 that game
The Wildcats responded with an 11-4 run, with Curry scoring eight unanswered points to put Davidson up 51-49 with 7:51 remaining.
tongue.gif

He's a scorer, so he's gonna get his. They still lost to UNC-Charlotte, a team they were clearly beter than. I had a friend who went to that gameand said Curry didn't dominate in the clutch, which is what he's getting credit for now.

The last thing Im going to say about this is Curry is good. Point, blank, period. You cant deny what he is doing and on the stage he is doing it on. That iswhy it is magnified. Yes he is being hyped up, but the kid is putting up 35ppg. He is carrying his team to wins over teams that they are supposed to lose to.Thats why he is getting the attention. The whole freshman class has been hyped up this whole year. Why not complain about that? I dont have anything againstthat, but dont hate on the dude who is killing on the biggest stage in college basketball. Let him get his shine because as far as I see it, he deserves it forthe show he is putting on.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

If a post regarding anything about Stephen Curry was made in December, it wouldn't have gone two pages.

That sums it up.
Well yea obviously..I dont think anyone would argue that... i mean thats like saying if kobe scored 53 in the western conference finals...there wouldbe more be talking about it then last night when he dropped 53...tell us sumthin we don't already kno..

who is going to be the one that starts a davidson losing to _____________ appreciation thread? i can see it coming. i know it's inevitable that someonewill do it, even if they lose in the national title game. whoever does, deserves a
indifferent.gif

that is IF they lose
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

curry is
813.jpg

Water%20Rippling.jpg

I'm not gonna comment much other than why do people keep saying he wasn't being hyped before this? Uh...duh!!! He plays at Davidson. What kind of hypeis he gonna get coming from such a small school? People knew about him before but of course the hype will rise when he's ballin like this in the tourney.It's the biggest tournament of the year! He is giving it to people who should be beating his team by 15. I don't necessarily agree with saying 2ndcoming of Reggie but he's only a sophomore and will have another (probably) 2 years at the 1 to get acclimated before making the jump...he's fine.

The Zoom BB 2's....Shoes posted a couple spots up...

I like those joints and I'm getting them next time I see them in the mall....Prolly the Wht/Black joints...

Just to Close out the Curry talk since they lost last nite, i just wanna make a few more points

- He is listed at 6'3", granted the embellish with the height a lil he's 6'2 at the least. I've seen him in person he's taller than meand im 6'1"

-If you didn't hear about him b4 the tournement than your a casual college basketball fan. Any team with a 22 game win streak goin into the dance deservesa lil notice

-As far as last nites game. That L is completely on his head. He had is mind made up b4 the play started that he was gonna take the shot. By the time he waswilling to admit he need help it was too late. They should have went for the tie as opposed to taking a 3 but thats bad coaching.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So by that. What do you have to say about Jerryd Bayless and Eric Gordon? Or Russel Westbrook? All dudes being hyped up for the next level but are all the same height as Stephen Curry. In my opinion Curry has a better all around game than those guys

Westbrook is a lock down defender, has shown he can run the point. Is bigger physically, a far, far superior athlete.

Bayless is a better scorer off the dribble, ran the point, bigger physically, far, far superior athlete. Better defender.

Gordon is a better scorer, period. Far, far superior athlete. His range is just as good. Can get into the lane and get to the line better.

Those 3 and him do not belong in the same discussion..

Just because they are the same height.

But you know what? He might be a smarter player than any of those guys..
I just don't see how having superior athleticism is that big of a deal if you've proven that you know how to get your shot off.. And he'sclearly shown that..
That said though, I'm impressed by Bayless.. Westbrook does nothing for me.. and Eric Gordon is a poor man's version Ben Gordon so he's wayoverrated to me..

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Just to Close out the Curry talk since they lost last nite, i just wanna make a few more points

- He is listed at 6'3", granted the embellish with the height a lil he's 6'2 at the least. I've seen him in person he's taller than me and im 6'1"

-If you didn't hear about him b4 the tournement than your a casual college basketball fan. Any team with a 22 game win streak goin into the dance deserves a lil notice

-As far as last nites game. That L is completely on his head. He had is mind made up b4 the play started that he was gonna take the shot. By the time he was willing to admit he need help it was too late. They should have went for the tie as opposed to taking a 3 but thats bad coaching.

Yeah....Steph is about 6 1 1/2-6'2. I saw him standing next to sherron collins and he wasn't 5 inches taller than sherron....Who is like5'10

Curry had a nice run though. Props to my dude....He said he coming back for his Jr. Year...

he was doing this last summer with the U19 Mens USA team...but even Patrick Beverley hit a higher % of threes...

Dropping 30+ on Georgetown in the tournament is serious boost for Curry. Georgetown has at least two future pros in Hibbert and Ewing Jr. I didn't see thatgame, but I recorded the Kansas game just to watch Curry.

He's good. He should enter the draft. He probably will. I don't think his stock is going to rise any higher without some major development in his game.

It's difficult to be a spot up shooter in the NBA at 6'1 to 6'3". The defenders are bigger, faster, and stronger. They close out 10 timesbetter than college players. They force you into low shooting percentage shot zones. The NBA defensive game shuts down even the greatest college scorers. AskKurt Thomas. Something must emerge in your game that can compete on the pro level. Curry's shot is great and he did have some sweet moves off the dribbleagainst a very good Kansas team.

He's probably a first round pick. He may even be lottery if the right team in need is there.

Back
Top Bottom