Stephon Marbury Is A Free Man

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He's my dude for life, people can talk all the hate they want about him but dude is a beast and will guarrenteed feast on the league with his return. Boston is about to be a real problem especially since he is that spark they need so bad. They have 0 guard play off the bench except for House and he willfill that nicely.

Miami would be another good fit for him. Marbury, Wade, O'Neal
pimp.gif

wow, this finally happened eh? i won't be getting a marbury jersey, but it's cool that we're trying to add stephon as more firepower for a 2nd runat the chip.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

So Boston will add another over payed, arrogant superstar that could have never lead a team to a championship on their own, very nice.

1zh1t0g.jpg

It's been 8 months, it's time to get over it.

Btw, what player in NBA history has ever won a championship on his own? I'm interested to see your list.

My dude Steph, at least he gets to play again. Too bad he'll go to a team (city) I hate more than any other.

Originally Posted by JD617

So Boston will add another over payed, arrogant superstar that could have never lead a team to a championship on their own, very nice.

Btw, what player in NBA history has ever won a championship on his own? I'm interested to see your list.
laugh.gif
once we won the title last year, i knew the hate would come 10-fold, i mean this stuff is entertaining.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
once we won the title last year, i knew the hate would come 10-fold, i mean this stuff is entertaining.

I didn't even bring up the fact that a Lakers fan is upset about the supposed arrogance of another team's superstars. If that's not the pot callingthe kettle black, I don't know what is.

I'm happy for him, dude is a cool guy I got a chance to have some drinks with dude over the summer at MAGIC in the creative rec booth. But I'm torn theceltics ounce again fall into a vet PG on some BS....

I wouldn't say on he won it on his own, but Hakeem's 1993-94 Rockets are pretty close. Look at the roster and name me even one remotelyHOF caliber player.

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Scott Brooks[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]165[/td] [td]July 31, 1965[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]University of California, Irvine[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [td]Matt Bullard[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]June 5, 1967[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]University of Iowa[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Sam Cassell[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]November 18, 1969[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Florida State University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [td]Earl Cureton[/td] [td]F-C[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]September 3, 1957[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]University of Detroit Mercy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Mario Elie[/td] [td]G-F[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]November 26, 1963[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]American International College[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Carl Herrera[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]December 14, 1966[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]University of Houston[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Robert Horry[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]August 25, 1970[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]University of Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Chris Jent[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]January 11, 1970[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Ohio State University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Vernon Maxwell[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]September 12, 1965[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]University of Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Hakeem Olajuwon[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]January 21, 1963[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]University of Houston[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Richard Petruska[/td] [td]C-F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]260[/td] [td]January 25, 1969[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]University of California, Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Eric Riley[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]June 2, 1970[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]University of Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Larry Robinson[/td] [td]F-G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]January 11, 1968[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Centenary College of Louisiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Kenny Smith[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]March 8, 1965[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]University of North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33[/td] [td]Otis Thorpe[/td] [td]F-C[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]August 5, 1962[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]Providence College[/td] [/tr][/table]

I wouldn't say on he won it on his own, but Hakeem's 1993-94 Rockets are pretty close. Look at the roster and name me even one remotely HOF caliber player.
According to some NTer in the HOF thread, Robert Horry.
laugh.gif

Yeah, that's not a bad example though. That's about as close as there is I think.

I wouldn't say on he won it on his own, but Hakeem's 1993-94 Rockets are pretty close. Look at the roster and name me even one remotely HOF caliber player.
laugh.gif

Yeah, that's not a bad example though. That's about as close as there is I think.
If you ain't an all-star or make all-nba teams, you ain't HOF worthy. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as HOFplayers.

Hakeem was the only one that was remotely close to winning it on his own.

And even then, it wasn't a terrible supporting cast.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

laugh.gif

If you ain't an all-star or make all-nba teams, you ain't HOF worthy. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as HOF players.

I know, I meant the '94 Rockets isn't a bad example. Obviously Robert Horry shouldn't even be sniffing the Hall. I just worded it awkwardly.

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

No love for Sam Cassell?

I love Sam but no as far as the HOF is concerned. Anyway this is getting way off topic...

Back
Top Bottom