Stephon Marbury Is A Free Man

Damn, some people will really defend Steph forever.

He's never been a winner, and had problems with teammates wherever he went. And I don't need to read the reasoning you guys come up for that.

He was on the Knicks since '04, and the main guy for most of that time. He had some talent around him and he managed to only be a distraction. You canblame everything that happens around steph on the pther guy, but I'll look at the recurring theme in our issues which is Steph.

So lets say he did get shafted this year...what did he ever do for us to feel bad for him? Has he shown to be a great guy, and a player on the court whowe're willing to just ignore his history for?

We needed to get rid of him. We needed to move on. So he sat on the bench and at home collecting his checks. If he's able to swallow a bit of his pride,he's gone after his first meeting with Donnie, but he just had to get all his money. Well a contract goes both ways, and this regime owed Marburyabsolutely no favors. Either you give in and take the buyout offer, or you sit and wait.

Marbury's gone, we're a better team than we were with him. We're in great shape as far as the cap goes and dudes still wanna defend Marbury. Letsall move on.

You can't argue with that horrible track record, and his teams getting better after he leaves. you can try to explain why, but the facts are still there.

/rant

It's over, can yall stop the bashing?

Ok we get it, he's a prima donna.

Some will continue to be fans, others will not. Get over it.

I still cant get over the fact that someone from UC Irvine has an NBA championship ring and guys like Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Barkley, ETC never gottheirs...pretty funny...

I think its a good move for any team to try to sign Steph. It is a situtation where the team is not at that big of a risk, especially if they have a stronglocker room. I agree with the fact that Steph can be a cancer (as we have seen from his track record), but these are usually teams with weaker locker rooms.When you have 3 All-Star veterans on your team, a distraction from one player is not too likely. Plus, Marbury has everything to lose at this point. If hecould not sign for the veteran league minimum, I really do not think a team would be inclined to sign Marbury to a long term deal, or short term for thatmatter, for anything more than the league minimum. He is playing for his contract, has a chance to play on a team who gets heavy national attention, and willbe able to showcase his skills once again to the world.

For the Laker fans who think that this may be a BS signing, remember that Jerry West gave you guys the biggest steal in NBA history. You got to lose KwameBrown for a world class player in Pau Gasol. Without that trade, I dont think the Lakers would have ran through the West last year. It will be interesting tosee how this trade will effect the Celtics seeding in the East, and possibly end up with the best record in the East. In theory now, they would have the Big 3,plus another All-Star caliber player coming off the bench......can the playoffs start already!?!?!?!?!

I'm still a fan of him.

And I'm not bashing him.

Those right there are the facts. I just don't get how people could still come in here like "aww, poor Steph".

I try to ignore it, but it comes up every week. Hopefully after this it'll end.

I hope Steph does well and I'll show support but I can't defend dude anymore.

But its never too late to change your image, plus he will be playing for a contract this off-season so he will beast.

Now don't get it twisted I'm not saying Marbury is the best locker room dude ever neither.

But think about it he's always made to be the scapegoat & sure in the previous seasons he's been somewhat of a cancer, but you would be tooconsidering what he was given to work with.

And the reccuring theme is Steph yeah.. But you got to look at the situations also sure in the past its sometimes been his fault, but more often then not Ithink it's his bad rep that add to the BS.

He's like T.O basically. Sure before it was his fault with Garcia, McNabb, not going to the Ravens Etc..
But you can't say T.O is at fault for ANYTHING in Dallas right now.

Same with Marbury sure we're a better team with the !$$$+ gone, but I mean also gone is Crawford aka Mr. 6 for 21 shooting & a whole bunch of otherbums.
But at the end of the day Marbury wasn't given a chance to do much here neither.

ANd hell no i dont feel bad for Steph at all

Homie was at chillen making crazy bread.... Aint no reason to feel bad for dude.

All I can say is I am GLAD that this is over

both parties have dirt on their name.
Im a steph fan from high school to college to the NBA and that aint changin.

i feel that he got done dirty this season when he finally decided to make that change
but anyhow im glad this guy is getting another chance to finally do somethin

lets stop all this arguing for and against steph let it be what it is, hes gone

if people like me have a soft spot for dude let it be
and if other people hate his guts let it be. the opinion of someone aint gonna change.

i hope he does well with the celtics

on an off note, i didnt know he and KG were best friends. I know they were cool but I didnt know they were THAT tight.

question: if say steph becomes and issue and the celts drop him after 3/1, then whomever picks him up cannot have him on their playoff roster or can they?

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

question: if say steph becomes and issue and the celts drop him after 3/1, then whomever picks him up cannot have him on their playoff roster or can they?

they can have him on their roster until the end of regular season, but once its playoffs time, dudes gota go back home.

Steph was at fordham today working out, he is out of shape bad. after 5 minutes of a work out, steph was breathing hard

This is a low-to-medium risk and high reward thing. The guy even comes close to being a problem and Doc can get rid of him. He won't cut into Rondo'sminutes.

We just need the guy to actually come in in the second unit and just be Steph. Our second unit has issues with offensive game flow and we need someone to takethe ball and make moves with it. We can play EHouse off the ball where he belongs and Paul Pierce won't have to be the scorer with the second unit for therest of the season. He will get a break.

Cavs fans and Laker fans should have a sour taste in their mouths, because I know I would if roles were reversed.

finally, it took them long enough.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Steph was at fordham today working out, he is out of shape bad. after 5 minutes of a work out, steph was breathing hard

Dude should **** off my campus. I want the dude to do better. But I don't want him anything to do with my school. His reputation is bad enough.

Damn. Steph is getting killed by all the online writers. Has anyone read anything that thinks Steph will do well?

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Dude should **** off my campus. I want the dude to do better. But I don't want him anything to do with my school.
spikelee.png

is it that big of a deal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Dude should **** off my campus. I want the dude to do better. But I don't want him anything to do with my school.
spikelee.png

is it that big of a deal
laugh.gif
Nah not really. But I just dislike the dude after what he did in Minnesota. I want him to do well and I'm not a complete hater, not like Iwish him bad luck. But dude is a perfect example of why a lot of NY based ballers have a negative stereotype around them. And looks like Lance will beStarbury 2.0 once he gets here from the stuff I've been hearing about him.

Back
Top Bottom