Steve Nash PE "Cradle Rock Low" Thread -- Vol. How Low Can You Go?

Didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd contribute (although it's not on the same level as the ZKIV) ... just wanted to provide a threadfor those who were interested. I'll start with the latest addition, Nash's black PE for the upcoming season ...

(If anyone has any early reviews, please share!)
Steve Nash has always been a bit different from other NBA players. Sure he's an All-Star point guard and two-time MVP, but he also openly protested the war in 2003 (at All-Star Weekend, no less) and -- as an African-born Canadian -- sometimes embraces hockey and soccer a little too closely.

His shoes are different, too. Last year he wore the Zoom MVP, a lightweight lowcut that was inspired by the Air Max 90 and overshadowed by the Zoom Kobe IV. Well, Nike has revealed his shoe for next year, the Cradle Rock Low Supreme, which is even lower and more retro/skate looking than the Zoom MVP. Utilizing "Cushlon" -- whatever that is -- the Cradle Rock looks like a combination of the Dunk, the Court Force, and the Zoom P-Rod III. The first release, a four-shoe 'Asia Pack' repping China (white), Japan (red), Thailand (tan) and the Phillippines (blue), has already dropped in Asia.

2009-10 Black PE
Steve Nash's new signature sneaker, the Nike Cradle Rock Low, has been seen in limited colorways this summer, but with the NBA season fast approaching, we got a look at the former MVP's black Suns PE color-up.
These definitely are as wild as the four colorways we've seen in the "Asia Pack," which pays tribute to the flag colors and cultural aspects of Thailand, China, The Phillipines and Japan. These instead only pay tribute to Pheonix's purple and orange colors. The paneling on the upper mixes pebbled leather, patent leather and and a mixture of the two types, with orange and purple contrast stitching. The Swoosh is white, as is the midsole, which sits on a purple outsole. On the heel is Nash's "SN" logo and on the tongue is the "Re-Fresh" tag. A lot of you have compared these to the Dunk in looks, though these are much more purpose-built.

nash-cradle-9.jpg

nash-cradle-2.jpg

nash-cradle-4.jpg

nash-cradle-3.jpg

nash-cradle-8.jpg

nash-cradle-6.jpg

nash-cradle-5.jpg

nash-cradle-1.jpg

ASIA PACK

nike-cradle-rock-nash-asia.jpg

THAILAND
nike-cradle-rock-nash-thailand-1.jpg

nike-cradle-rock-nash-thailand-2.jpg

nike-cradle-rock-nash-thailand-3.jpg

nike-cradle-rock-nash-thailand-41.jpg

ASIA PACK LINK: http://unlocked.footlocker.com/blog...k-steve-nash-asia-pack-at-house-of-hoops-918/

day_one_night_101.jpg

(Sorry, having a hard time posing pics right now ... more to come ... )

i dont see any signs of zoom at all....

but i agree i would wear them casually, in fact i would buy them later on.

on a side note rondo, channing frye, sean marks and scalabrine are wearing them ( so far ive seen)

it uses cushlon foam which is found in most nike running shoes and last year's nike blue chip in the forefoot.Not quite sure about the blue chip 2.

i will try them on first then pass some judgements....I usually like the lows...

Originally Posted by jmizzo

i will try them on first then pass some judgements....I usually like the lows...
Just take it easy on your first try -- I heard these don't have ankle support like your beloved ZKIV's.

IMO they're like a takedown of the ZKIV and/or the ZLVII Low
eyes.gif

^ they are out. I saw them at HOH. They look/remind me of SB Dunks. I'm not a fan, but nice to see Nash pushing the envelope further than the Kobe IV.

I like the black pair, i ve never had a problem playing low top...

look forward to playing in these. Hopefully phx cw's will be available...

So do these feature full-length Cushlon?

Cushlon is such an amazingly durable and underrated cushioning foam. Hope its used in more shoes. My KD1's - which feature cushlon in the heel - are stillgoing strong after almost 6 months of regular balling.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

are the tongues plaid?
and the labels read "fresh"? i wonder whats the significance behind that

Technically it's supposed to be "refresh" (the R and E are different colors from the rest of the word). It's for when Nike brings back aretro styled model and updates it. Like the Alpholution.

Originally Posted by JaywhYeS

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

are the tongues plaid?
and the labels read "fresh"? i wonder whats the significance behind that

Technically it's supposed to be "refresh" (the R and E are different colors from the rest of the word). It's for when Nike brings back a retro styled model and updates it. Like the Alpholution.

ahh...I kinda thought it might be "refresh" but I was thinking it had to do with Steve's choice of re-using materials or something like that like the Trash Talk Earth Day shoes etc.*shrugs*
I get it now though

Back
Top Bottom