Stevie Wonder is the greatest musician of our time.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Like those listed by CruThik as well as a lot of modern artists as well. I think Thom Yorke, Noah Lennox, and a few others have already accomplished more musically than Stevie Wonder ever did.

I just started to get into Radiohead this past calender year and Merriweather Post Pavilion was my first time hearing any Animal Collective but I justdon't know about that.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

indifferent.gif
you rep the bay so the hell with your opinion...

Look at the forums new self deemed "ignant boy."
laugh.gif
smh.gif

zubes you my dude but saying MJ is one of the greatest ever isn't exactly laughable imo

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by zube42

Michael Jackson >>>>>

/Thread
You're kidding right?
indifferent.gif

says the man from arizona
roll.gif
and I'll take Bob Marley over Stevie.
Come on man, Bob Marley? Bob Marley is cool but nowhere near the best musician. Not even in the running.

I never said he Bob was the best musician. I said I'd take him over Stevie. I don't consider Stevie to be the best musician of our time. If you reallythink Bob Marley wasn't a great musician then you haven't listened to enough of his music. There isn't another musician out who put more love andpassion into his music than Bob.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

zubes you my dude but saying MJ is one of the greatest ever isn't exactly laughable imo
Yes it is

I'm starting to get the idea that a lot of the people jamming the rolling smiley emoticons into their keyboard are unaware of what they're making lightof.

I guess it would depend on what you mean by "in the running" but Bob is definitely a name worthy of being mentioned.

Like those listed by CruThik as well as a lot of modern artists as well. I think Thom Yorke, Noah Lennox, and a few others have already accomplished more musically than Stevie Wonder ever did.

I just started to get into Radiohead this past calender year and Merriweather Post Pavilion was my first time hearing any Animal Collective but I just don't know about that.
eyes.gif

I mean if you haven't heard much from them or haven't listened to them that long then it's hard to form a real opinion on them.

But both have pushed the boundaries of music so far and made some incredible stuff. Thom Yorke's lyrics alone > Stevie Wonder.

Yea, that's why I said on the first page it's gonna be hard to actively contribute to this thread. That statement is just so hard for me to believe,makes me look forward to continuing to pursue their respective discographies though.

i love stevie wonder, i really do, but he is not the best musician of our time. IMO:

producing/composition- Brian Wilson is the greatest modern producer/composer ever. For those who don't know who he was, he was the man behind Pet Sounds,the leader of The Beach Boys.

Musician- If you want to talk raw, musical chops, just sheer talent, Prince is the most talented modern musician (all around) I have ever listened to.

Songwriting- Not really a single person, but Lennon/McCartney are the greatest song writers of our time.

If you just want to say artist, I gotta put Bob Dylan over Stevie, sorry.

I'm starting to get the idea that a lot of the people jamming the rolling smiley emoticons into their keyboard are unaware of what they're making light of.

I guess it would depend on what you mean by "in the running" but Bob is definitely a name worthy of being mentioned.
Jimi Hendrix and Prince are better musicians than Marley imo. Hendrix dying so young hurts the argument of him being the greatest musician of alltime. It's tough to claim anybody is the greatest musican of all time though because of how diverse music is. You got guys like Elton John, Billy Joel,Prince, Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, etc. too much diversity to make such a claim.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'm starting to get the idea that a lot of the people jamming the rolling smiley emoticons into their keyboard are unaware of what they're making light of.

Jimi Hendrix and Prince are better musicians than Marley imo. Hendrix dying so young hurts the argument of him being the greatest musician of all time. It's tough to claim anybody is the greatest musican of all time though because of how diverse music is. You got guys like Elton John, Billy Joel, Prince, Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, etc. too much diversity to make such a claim.
I agree with the bolded section. But you got dudes acting like Bob and MJ don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the guys youmentioned.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Jimi Hendrix and Prince are better musicians than Marley imo. Hendrix dying so young hurts the argument of him being the greatest musician of all time. It's tough to claim anybody is the greatest musican of all time though because of how diverse music is. You got guys like Elton John, Billy Joel, Prince, Jimmy Page, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, etc. too much diversity to make such a claim.
I agree with the bolded section. But you got dudes acting like Bob and MJ don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the guys you mentioned.
eyes.gif
I'm not a fan of MJ, and not because of his post-career antics, but his music in general, but denying his legacy is asinine. As for Marley,most people probably can't mess with him because he was a reggae musician. But you have to realize how great he was as a guitarist and a songwriter. Somereally deep topics are covered in his songs and he really was one of the most passionate musicians of all time.

Goes to play Redemption Song
pimp.gif

is this "musician" or "artist" because I'm seeing names in here that shouldn't be mentioned in a thread about great"musicians"

Michael Jackson >>>>>

/Thread

He's NOT a MUSICIAN. not even the best singer ever, but an Incredible artist.. but don't get the 3 confused.

I can't name 1 musician... but Earth Wind & Fire were genius. Don't add that to the argument tho. I just came in to correct this guy.

Idk if yall notice this.. But this argument is very subjective. Not only because its debating who the best is, but its being argued by fans of all differentgenres and some that listen to more genres than others, but this is interesting.. so carry on. lol

Originally Posted by FrankDolla

Michael Jackson >>>>>

/Thread

He's NOT a MUSICIAN. not even the best singer ever, but an Incredible artist.. but don't get the 3 confused.

I can't name 1 musician... but Earth Wind & Fire were genius. Don't add that to the argument tho. I just came in to correct this guy.
You're an idiot and so is whoever else that thinks Mike isn't a musician

Michael Jackson >>>>>

/Thread

cosign but you're also an idiot
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

i love stevie wonder, i really do, but he is not the best musician of our time. IMO:

producing/composition- Brian Wilson is the greatest modern producer/composer ever. For those who don't know who he was, he was the man behind Pet Sounds, the leader of The Beach Boys.

Musician- If you want to talk raw, musical chops, just sheer talent, Prince is the most talented modern musician (all around) I have ever listened to.

Songwriting- Not really a single person, but Lennon/McCartney are the greatest song writers of our time.

If you just want to say artist, I gotta put Bob Dylan over Stevie, sorry.

I disagree a little on the song writers part, I feel like there are too many good ones (like Dylan for example) to list Lennon/McCartney as DEFINITIVELY thebest. But good post. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say Thom Yorke > McCartney or Lennon in terms of songwriting. The guy has such crazy power withhis words IMO.

Michael Jackson >>>>>

/Thread

cosign but you're also an idiot
roll.gif
My man...How's your 2pac film going??
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

[Jay-Z] Pardon me I had to laugh at that[Jay-Z]

My man...How's your 2pac film going??
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

[Jay-Z] Pardon me I had to laugh at that[Jay-Z]
laugh.gif
you're confusing me with another member...

I just started to get into Radiohead this past calender year and Merriweather Post Pavilion was my first time hearing any Animal Collective but I just don't know about that.
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

1. So using where I'm from is how you counter my opinion? You must be smart. And you probably don't know that artists like Sly& the Family Stone, Grateful Dead, Carlos Santana, Neil Young, and Joe Satriani are all from the Bay Area, do you? Then again, I guess the Arizona musicscene is so amazing that nothing can outdo it. And you have Kanye West in your avy, so the hell with your opinion.

2. MJ is one of the greatest people in music I agree, but dude wasn't a musician. He didn't compose anything, play any instruments, things like that.That's what makes a musician IMO.

I see what you're saying Zube, he's in the same boat as Frank Sinatra imo and should be in discussion as the greatest artists/singers of all time.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by CruThik3

I guess you never heard of David Bowie, Brian Eno, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson, Ennio Morricone, or Frank Zappa.
I heard of Bowie and Dylan, but otherwise you got me.
grin.gif
What makes them better than Stevie though?
If you've only just HEARD of Bob Dylan and you haven't even heard of Brian Wilson....you have no business proclaiming anyone as "the greatest musician of our time." Not to be an a-hole, but that's ridiculous.
There are more names that could be on there, but that's a good start.

And no illphil, not just because they're white.

And for the record, none of this should be taken as a slight on Stevie (who is unquestionably great), just as a reminder to do a little research before youmake GOAT statements, any genre.

Back
Top Bottom