STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

But a ton of movies on smaller budgets are able to pull it off 100% without making silly mistakes.
Like someone said earlier, you'd notice if someone was wearing a pair of XIs. A lot of people probably don't notice most of the problems but it probably sticks out A LOT to the people that did.

Ping pong summer lol

As someone who's a big fan of vintage clothing, especially the sports specialities vintage snapbacks. I was disappointed they wasn't used. Those Los Angeles sports specialties hats was a big part of who N.W.A. was. I understand those hats can be anywhere between 150.00 to 300.00 dollars now, but I feel it would have give the film more of authentic feel.

Last edited:
the Compton fashion center closed down...

There's still some Tiger mom & pop shops that have X AMOUNTS of vintage nikes in SOUTH CENTRAL.... & COMPTON

As someone who's a big fan of vintage clothing, especially the sports specialities vintage snapbacks. I was disappointed they wasn't used. Those Los Angeles sports specialties hats was a big part of who N.W.A. was. I understand those hats can be anywhere between 150.00 to 300.00 dollars now, but I feel it would have give the film more of authentic feel.

I feel the same way. I still haven't seen the film, but I would think that a film with some sort of a decent wardrobe budget should have been able to acquire some authentic pieces. It's small things like this that go a long way. I don't consider myself a vintage clothing connoisseur, but seeing a sports specialties hat or a Raider starter hat with the college block lettering would have been really dope. I think people underestimate the effect that a group like NWA had on clothing during that era, which is why I think its more important to have gotten this aspect of the film as accurate as possible.

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread. We would all notice something out of place such as AJXIs if it were in the film. That said, can't wait to see it.

Saw it last night

I thought the movie was great. Since I didn't have a lot of knowledge on everything I would of liked to have seen more explained at the end with Dre leaving death row

Just got back from watching it with my family and I must say all 5 of us loved it. I was born in 1990 so I was a little kid when all of this took place which means I really couldn't witness NWA/Ruthless/Death Row as these events were taking place.

I wish they would have shown more of Tupac, Snoop and the Dogg Pound. There were a lot of funny moments throughout the film. I like how the room went quiet once Eazy started going through his problems. Like from that point til the end of the movie everybody was completely silent.

I wonder if Snoop really walked in that studio filled with a lot of Bloods with his blue rag hanging out the back of his pocket.

Wish they would have shown more of the Ruthless VS Death Row feud. Wanted to see Eazy roast Dre for wearing the girly outfits and perform Real MFin Gs.

Unlike everybdy else, I didn't really notice the out of place clothing. Wasn't really pay that much attention to that.

Loved how Ren and Yella were loyal to Eazy even though the money was funny.

That Bye Felecia part was super hilarious. Reason why I will never let my girl get close to a celeb.

This has me wanting a Snoop Dogg biopic. Will be grabbing it once it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray.

I wonder if Snoop really walked in that studio filled with a lot of Bloods with his blue rag hanging out the back of his pocket.

Gangbanging has layers to it. When two neighborhoods aren't at war it is not uncommon for them to be friendly or "click up". Snoop was from Long Beach which was a far cry from where Suge's gang was from (Compton). You typically only have issues with nearby neighborhoods regardless of colors. Then there is also the trump card of it all: money. When people can make money together it puts gangbangin to the curb.

Last edited:
Gangbanging has layers to it. When two neighborhoods aren't at war it is not uncommon for them to be friendly or "click up". Snoop was from Long Beach which was a far cry from where Suge's gang was from (Compton). You typically only have issues with nearby neighborhoods regardless of colors. Then there is also the trump card of it all: money. When people can make money together it puts gangbangin to the curb.
lol yeah I know that. I grew up around Insane Vice Lords, 4 Corner Hustlas & Gangsta Disciples. Back then it seemed like blood vs crip was an automatic thing no matter where u was from.  This took place during what most would call the "war years". You see how in that scene they was about to destroy his skinny **** lol. Knowing Snoop, his *** was too high to give a ish.

Death Row was basically a Blood set with a dash of Crips, so yes he would have if he was flagging.

the "bye felicia" part was funny but that "No Vaseline" listening party was 
roll.gif

Yo, this film was pretty wack. It felt like an MTV teeny bopper production. Cliche, trying too hard to be epic and the lines are so corny. When Dre's brother dies and he's outside crying, he tells the crew some fool broke his brother's neck. So then Eazy goes, "******' Compton". I busted out laughing! They try to portray Dre to be some sorta gangster knocking brothers out. He wasn't any of that.  Ice Cube speaking intelligently when in real life he's always stuttering.
roll.gif

This film is strictly for the little kids and twenty somethings. Ain't for old cats like myself.

Last edited:
I remember when that cap came out. It was so dope i had to cop even tho i wasnt a fan of whitesox.

I miss the old baseball caps with no mlb logo and the green brim too

You and me both. I remember that being the first hat I got that had a grey underbrim too. It was the first all black/white baseball logo I ever saw, and it blew my little mind at the time.

Peace,
J

Movie was dope. Anybody else think snoop did a lil voice over work for some of the dialog? Dre too?

The scene when e gets in the booth for the first time was hilarious.

Yo, this film was pretty wack. It felt like an MTV teeny bopper production. Cliche, trying too hard to be epic and the lines are so corny. When Dre's brother dies and he's outside crying, he tells the crew some fool broke his brother's neck. So then Eazy goes, "******' Compton". I busted out laughing! They try to portray Dre to be some sorta gangster knocking brothers out. He wasn't any of that.  Ice Cube speaking intelligently when in real life he's always stuttering. :rofl:

This film is strictly for the little kids and twenty somethings. Ain't for old cats like myself.

Did you really refer to yourself as a Cat though?

im from this era and i experienced all of this ish, 

the movie would just make me mad, its looks like a struggle lifetime film.

ill dl it when it drops online, these fools are all rich and this was obviously about the doe.

im surprised at some of the cooments in here like dudes not knowing eazy was responsible for BTNH.

these dudes gave life to alot of ish, hell even dre is responsible for the dopest collab, the FIRM.

i love the music from this era and it just makes me cringe to hear the young kids try to understand why these dudes talked about real stuff.

?WHY ARE THEY SO MAD? 

well, crack is destroying their neighborhoods, cops are beating people up, they finally catch some on tape and they let em off free.

the riots happen, OJ, magic johnson with the AIDS, damn those times were great.

word to the mutha..

Yo, this film was pretty wack. It felt like an MTV teeny bopper production. Cliche, trying too hard to be epic and the lines are so corny. When Dre's brother dies and he's outside crying, he tells the crew some fool broke his brother's neck. So then Eazy goes, "******' Compton". I busted out laughing! They try to portray Dre to be some sorta gangster knocking brothers out. He wasn't any of that.  Ice Cube speaking intelligently when in real life he's always stuttering.
roll.gif

You must be Felicia boyfriend? Why you let her give Eazy top like that? Why you let them chase you off the floor like that? Why didn't u go back and cover up Felicia after she got booted out the room for you? You ruined her night!

Yo, this film was pretty wack. It felt like an MTV teeny bopper production. Cliche, trying too hard to be epic and the lines are so corny. When Dre's brother dies and he's outside crying, he tells the crew some fool broke his brother's neck. So then Eazy goes, "******' Compton". I busted out laughing! They try to portray Dre to be some sorta gangster knocking brothers out. He wasn't any of that.  Ice Cube speaking intelligently when in real life he's always stuttering. :rofl:

you hate everything.

Great movie i enjoyed it. The dude next to me was high as hell. Im gonna listen to dre chronic tonight.

Back
Top Bottom