STREET FIGHTER 4!

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

i know this is for 4, but any nt'ers on GGPO or 2DF for some ST or 3S?
yo.
you're the dude i traded that japanese DC copy of MvC2 to a couple of years ago right? long time, no talk.

i remember. still using the xbox?

anyway, if y'all got ggpo or 2df, im playing under "optimo" for some casual ST or 3S.
trying to get back into it with this modded hori i got hah

i remember. still using the xbox?
yup. the disc drive failed and the stuff you put on is the only thing that still works on it.
laugh.gif

What is peoples obsession with throwing in this game? If your zangief or abel ok that's your characters thing. But, lately chun li's, blanka, dhalsim,i've been facing are all about throws. Its sooo $%*$$+$ annoying.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Its like people search for one combo that enables them to throw and repeat. I remember back in the day in the Arcade you would catch a beat down for beingreally cheap.

I mean counted 20 throw attempts in my last match against someone using chun li.
alien.gif
/rant.

laugh.gif
this again.

It does suck that throws come out in 3 frames so only like 4 characters can even jab their way out of them.

Mix that with lag and you DO get TONS of people who do exploit that to do tick throws all match.

The best advice i can give you is to option select like your life depends on it when you fight throw happy people...

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

What is peoples obsession with throwing in this game? If your zangief or abel ok that's your characters thing. But, lately chun li's, blanka, dhalsim, i've been facing are all about throws. Its sooo $%*$$+$ annoying.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Its like people search for one combo that enables them to throw and repeat. I remember back in the day in the Arcade you would catch a beat down for being really cheap.

I mean counted 20 throw attempts in my last match against someone using chun li.
alien.gif
/rant.

it means u suck nads at the game

But its still your fault that you are getting thrown.

If u know that you opponent is focusing on throwing you should anticipate the timing of the throws and either tech throw or back dash.

They obviously kept throwing because it was working.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

If u know that you opponent is focusing on throwing you should anticipate the timing of the throws and either tech throw or back dash.

I kinda agree but at the same time I understand where dude is coming from. I main Gouken and spend half the match dealing with throws becauseeveryone knows you can walk right up to Gouken and throw him with nothing to worry about. It's gotten to the point where i'm considering mainingsomeone else. Gouken is enjoyable when you get to really be aggressive offensively. When you have to worry about not be able to defend yourself b/c of nowake-up and a useless jab it gets really irritating. Add net lag to the equation, tick throws, and ridiculous kara throws and
mad.gif

been playing a lot tats vs cap lately.. for me it brought back the fun into fighting games haha. sf4 was more liable to piss me offf more than anything hahaalthough, the lack of online and the use of the wii classic controller in t vs c kinda hinders the experience somewhat

Anyone having trouble with their SE fightstick? The stick seems to get stuck after I have been playing for 30 minutes.

Secondly would a mod of the stick fix this problem?

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by SithLord22

Anyone have any tips for Time Attack Hard 5? The best I can get is the silver.
gief+lariat....that's really it....
That's what I've been doing with all of the other challenges except for the no special moves one. I've flown through all of them withthe gold. But once I get to Seth on Time Attack Hard 5, it takes me too much time to beat him.

my cord for my xbox is $%%#@@ up so i'll be playing on ggpo and 2df alot. if anyone wants to play my handle is robg. and to the guy complaining aboutthrows just tech them. a lot of shotos try to cross you up jab you a couple times then throw you. just tech the %%!+ out of them until they stop trying tothrow you.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I kinda agree but at the same time I understand where dude is coming from. I main Gouken and spend half the match dealing with throws because everyone knows you can walk right up to Gouken and throw him with nothing to worry about. It's gotten to the point where i'm considering maining someone else. Gouken is enjoyable when you get to really be aggressive offensively. When you have to worry about not be able to defend yourself b/c of no wake-up and a useless jab it gets really irritating. Add net lag to the equation, tick throws, and ridiculous kara throws and
mad.gif
if you have ultra meter with gouken and you mix up your game, one successful throw = game over. i haven't played anyone who utilizes him tohis full potential tho, maybe cuz he's an unorthadox character. when used right his bnb corner combos deal a lot of damage.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I kinda agree but at the same time I understand where dude is coming from. I main Gouken and spend half the match dealing with throws because everyone knows you can walk right up to Gouken and throw him with nothing to worry about. It's gotten to the point where i'm considering maining someone else. Gouken is enjoyable when you get to really be aggressive offensively. When you have to worry about not be able to defend yourself b/c of no wake-up and a useless jab it gets really irritating. Add net lag to the equation, tick throws, and ridiculous kara throws and
mad.gif
if you have ultra meter with gouken and you mix up your game, one successful throw = game over. i haven't played anyone who utilizes him to his full potential tho, maybe cuz he's an unorthadox character. when used right his bnb corner combos deal a lot of damage.
Yeah but everyone knows that and guards against it. Since I've gotten good with him most of my matches either go so well that I destroy myopponent with no need to throw into ultra, or so poorly that I spend half the match defending and getting my throws teched going for the ultra. Honestly,I'd trade the throw>ultra in for something a little weaker yet much more versatile. It's really not easy to get in close with Gouken. His pressuregame is limited (though very good when you're at a good distance for fireball shenanigans) and he's not very fast. But I gotta admit it is pretty sweetwhen you land it though
pimp.gif

And honestly I think the reason you haven't played anyone who uses him to his full potential is b/c his potential is gimped imo. A couple tweaks fromcapcom would make him truly a beast and on par with the high tier characters. I've never played or seen a Gouken that I would consider elite. Minecertainly isn't. Every now and then you'll see a good Gouken player but that's about it.

dear frys.....

...why would you list the sf4 TE stick as available when i ordered it, and then proceed to email me and thell me that it's sold out and that i have to waitfor a back order?...bastards...

Back
Top Bottom