STREET FIGHTER 4!

I got my push buttons today from cipher12.com. I think I will wait till i find a stick I want with an octo gate, i'm not precise enough in my movements fora square gate, before I mod my SE stick.

Originally Posted by kylewatson3

I got my push buttons today from cipher12.com. I think I will wait till i find a stick I want with an octo gate, i'm not precise enough in my movements for a square gate, before I mod my SE stick.
I prefer the P360 myself, but I've heard for the new sticks Happ has been REALLY slackin on their quality control.

OLD PS2 MASstick ftw

gahhh i hate sagats, seth's, akuma's who runnnn i know its part of their game, but sometimes i just want up front fight none of this cat and mouseishhh

Originally Posted by rowbot626

gahhh i hate sagats, seth's, akuma's who runnnn i know its part of their game, but sometimes i just want up front fight none of this cat and mouse ishhh
it wouldn't be so bad if the stages weren't so big.

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by kylewatson3

I got my push buttons today from cipher12.com. I think I will wait till i find a stick I want with an octo gate, i'm not precise enough in my movements for a square gate, before I mod my SE stick.
I prefer the P360 myself, but I've heard for the new sticks Happ has been REALLY slackin on their quality control.

OLD PS2 MASstick ftw
real talk, you'll love the square gate in the end, keep at it, you'll love it

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

SMH I got excited and bought the TE off Frys even though I already have a modded SE with Sanwa parts.

Anybody interested? lol
you know...i did the SAME thing, and then i sold my stick over at www.shoryuken.com, now i'm stickless and waiting on frys TE stick....theybetter not screw me over and leave me with no sticks, OR, they better not cancel my stick....but fulfill your order....no offence lol

Originally Posted by daaznfella

are we all too busy thinking about marvel vs capcom 2?

btw TE sticks for 360 at frys.com, just ordered me a set!
Thanks for the info.
pimp.gif
Im picking up a regular one for myson today.

gahhh i hate sagats, seth's, akuma's who runnnn i know its part of their game, but sometimes i just want up front fight none of this cat and mouse ishhh

I hate dudes who run the entire fight too. It gets to the point where i just put the controller down and let them get the win. It aint worth chasing them downthe ENTIRE fight. If u wanna play like a complete scrub just to win then i'll let you win.

Yo I barely started using Akuma and almost got him down pat but I played a dude last night whenever his health really low it would magically start lagging andhe'll just be landing combo's while I'm struggling to hit him once lag box maybe?
also I hate timing Akuma's ultra I wait for them to jump so right before they land I get 'em but this one dude hit me with a jump before he hit theground so I missed
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Yo I barely started using Akuma and almost got him down pat but I played a dude last night whenever his health really low it would magically start lagging and he'll just be landing combo's while I'm struggling to hit him once lag box maybe?
also I hate timing Akuma's ultra I wait for them to jump so right before they land I get 'em but this one dude hit me with a jump before he hit the ground so I missed
ohwell.gif

I would advise you to use another character because imo Akuma is a horrible character to use in this game. But if u are planning on maining Akuma i wouldsuggest that you dont rely on Akuma's Ultra or Super at all. You will miss 90% of the time.

Yo I barely started using Akuma and almost got him down pat but I played a dude last night whenever his health really low it would magically start lagging and he'll just be landing combo's while I'm struggling to hit him once lag box maybe?
also I hate timing Akuma's ultra I wait for them to jump so right before they land I get 'em but this one dude hit me with a jump before he hit the ground so I missed
ohwell.gif
fadc into it, or try to get them in the block stun phase

to the guy who asked how much, i sold my stick for 130 shipped

If anyone wants the 15th anniversary STREET FIGHTER STICK for ps2/xbox, hit me up. I have one and have no use for it. Great product to build your own.Everything works (only been tested on a ps2 and ps3 with adapter). I dont know if it works for the og xbox. HIT ME UP aim- djawar88

How good is the regular fighting stick (not the T.E.), any problems with it? Does it NOT feel like an authentic arcade joystick?

I'm tempted to buy it from frys.com

i got the SE i am pretty happy w/ it. the only thing i dont like is the buttons feel to cheap and tacky, but this could be easily dealt w/ by buying newbuttons.

i agree with that cat and mouse stuff; if they really want to win like that they can have it. I love the up front battles its more fun and more of a chessmatch to sike the other player out

yeah the cat and mouse stuff is maddd annoying esp. if they taunt while doing it. it is satisfying though when you do beat them and message them for being a*%#%% haha

Originally Posted by Dakingii

ohwell.gif

I would advise you to use another character because imo Akuma is a horrible character to use in this game. But if u are planning on maining Akuma i would suggest that you dont rely on Akuma's Ultra or Super at all. You will miss 90% of the time.
laugh.gif
Akuma is FAR from horrible in SF4.

akuma is only weak to sagat

one thing people might not like about akuma is that you cant chain ultras with a combo but you have to realize if he does have that ability, then he is way toopowerful.

besides akumas regular combo already do tons of damage and has one of the best focus attacks

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

akuma is only weak to sagat

one thing people might not like about akuma is that you cant chain ultras with a combo but you have to realize if he does have that ability, then he is way too powerful.

besides akumas regular combo already do tons of damage and has one of the best focus attacks
Akuma has an infinite against Sagat. Sort of makes up for the match, but makes it much more beatable

ohwell.gif

I would advise you to use another character because imo Akuma is a horrible character to use in this game. But if u are planning on maining Akuma i would suggest that you dont rely on Akuma's Ultra or Super at all. You will miss 90% of the time.
crazy. a good akuma is a problem in sf4.

anyway. this should help you with his ultra.

In summary:
Cannot combo into Super or ultra, because they will be in hitstun, not neutral
Cannot Super or Ultra anyone after a FADC shoryu, because they are airborne
Cannot tick throw into Ultra, because they will jump out after the flash
Cannot reset into an Ultra, because they have time to jump out after landing
Cannot air FB into Super or Ultra, because they will be in blockstun

CAN use a properly timed Ultra as an anti air
CAN use a properly timed Ultra to punish pokes
CAN combo a Super or Ultra off of a Focus Attack
CAN use a Super at point blank range, and it will be inescapable after the flash
CAN use a Super as a tick throw; opponent cannot jump out unless it was a psychic jump
CAN use Super or Ultra to punish various moves (http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=179810 Thanks MuKen)

Originally Posted by jae oh en

ErickM713 wrote:

Yo I barely started using Akuma and almost got him down pat but I played a dude last night whenever his health really low it would magically start lagging
and he'll just be landing combo's while I'm struggling to hit him once lag box maybe?

also I hate timing Akuma's ultra I wait for them to jump so right before they land I get 'em but this one dude hit me with a jump before he hit the
ground so I missed
ohwell.gif

I would advise you to use another character because imo Akuma is a horrible character to use in this game. But if u are planning on maining Akuma i would
suggest that you dont rely on Akuma's Ultra or Super at all. You will miss 90% of the time.
crazy. a good akuma is a problem in sf4.

Exactly a GOOD Akuma is a beast in this game. But you have to realize that 80% of the people who use Akuma are garbage and dont use him to his full potential.

Maybe its because i havent lost to an Akuma player in a long time that i feel he isnt that good.

i got the SE i am pretty happy w/ it. the only thing i dont like is the buttons feel to cheap and tacky, but this could be easily dealt w/ by buying new buttons.

Exactly a GOOD Akuma is a beast in this game. But you have to realize that 80% of the people who use Akuma are garbage and dont use him to his full potential.

Maybe its because i havent lost to an Akuma player in a long time that i feel he isnt that good.
That's like me saying Ryu and Sagat are trash. 80% of all online players are trash

Originally Posted by rcdp

That's like me saying Ryu and Sagat are trash. 80% of all online players are trash

good point

Back
Top Bottom