STREET FIGHTER 4!

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Dakingii

But its still your fault that you are getting thrown.

If u know that you opponent is focusing on throwing you should anticipate the timing of the throws and either tech throw or back dash.

They obviously kept throwing because it was working.
I kinda agree but at the same time I understand where dude is coming from. I main Gouken and spend half the match dealing with throws because everyone knows you can walk right up to Gouken and throw him with nothing to worry about. It's gotten to the point where i'm considering maining someone else. Gouken is enjoyable when you get to really be aggressive offensively. When you have to worry about not be able to defend yourself b/c of no wake-up and a useless jab it gets really irritating. Add net lag to the equation, tick throws, and ridiculous kara throws and
mad.gif
if you have ultra meter with gouken and you mix up your game, one successful throw = game over. i haven't played anyone who utilizes him to his full potential tho, maybe cuz he's an unorthadox character. when used right his bnb corner combos deal a lot of damage.
Yeah but everyone knows that and guards against it. Since I've gotten good with him most of my matches either go so well that I destroy my opponent with no need to throw into ultra, or so poorly that I spend half the match defending and getting my throws teched going for the ultra. Honestly, I'd trade the throw>ultra in for something a little weaker yet much more versatile. It's really not easy to get in close with Gouken. His pressure game is limited (though very good when you're at a good distance for fireball shenanigans) and he's not very fast. But I gotta admit it is pretty sweet when you land it though
pimp.gif

And honestly I think the reason you haven't played anyone who uses him to his full potential is b/c his potential is gimped imo. A couple tweaks from capcom would make him truly a beast and on par with the high tier characters. I've never played or seen a Gouken that I would consider elite. Mine certainly isn't. Every now and then you'll see a good Gouken player but that's about it.

I think i fought 1 good Gouken fighter and it was no match for my Dan. I couldnt get in with his fireballs coming out so fast. I think i got my Dan gameup...i've gotten 3 good replies from people; now they know the power of Saikyo...its Dantastic!

FINALLY MADE IT TO @$%##$@ G1!!

but i only got 15007 GP.

Hopefully i dont lose my first battles

Bout to get on GT: Never Had Much

I'm using the TE stick and suck at it so you're probably going to win against me...

started playing this game again and I'm horrible. I hate E.Honda!! I use boxer & grief and all these honda users just want to ran away,headbutt or sumosmash and ran away again. It's frustrating and boring.

^ i don't know if my pc will handle it. hopefully it will be fine. they have a bundle coming out with a fight pad for 60$.

Whats good with a 360 tourney?
I wanna get one in before i retire Vega.
Last time, i lost in the semi's to a gief.
Finna hit G1 soon and start a new account so i can get my Rog up to fighting form.
Been switching between him, Abel and Bison alot.

Originally Posted by The Minister

^ i don't know if my pc will handle it. hopefully it will be fine. they have a bundle coming out with a fight pad for 60$.
i am there's a benchmark online to see if your pc can run it i will post some pics

definitely waitin for the pc version.

on the benchmark tool, you can disable a lot of things, so it can run on a wide range of setups.

i got a b on the benchmark test so looks like i'll be giving the pc version a shot.
got the art on my fs3 done too:
2uo6sma.jpg

Originally Posted by TheHavik

Finna hit G1 soon and start a new account so i can get my Rog up to fighting form.

Im down for a tourney ive been in retirement for way to long

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

i'm down too. some one start it. tennhouse you trying to run a few matches?

Originally Posted by The Minister

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

i'm down too. some one start it. tennhouse you trying to run a few matches?
I cant tonight, but im down to run some tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom