STREET FIGHTER

Damn because of the Internet no more surprises anymore :smh:

Sony would have dropped a nuke if they could have kept this under wraps.

I'm glad the rumors started up before the announcement. They need comments from the community to know what works and won't work.

I bet wolverine will be in trailer.

Damn because of the Internet no more surprises anymore :smh:

Sony would have dropped a nuke if they could have kept this under wraps.

Yea, FFVII Remake, Street Fighter V and now MvC4, all leaked before announcements.

I would have gone nuts if I didn't know and saw it revealed at the conference.

I don't think this would be exclusive though.

I really hope it doesn't play slow, either.

2v2 is bad enough but slow Marvel.

All hell will break lose :lol:

I love this game
pimp.gif

Why do people think it is so bad?
Most of it is related to the horrible launch, which I'm guessing won't ever really be forgiven by some people.

And there are more quality fighting games on the market than when SFIV came out, so there's more competition and chance that people will prefer one of those other games over SF.

Capcom Cup Pre Show starting with the main tournament to start in just over half an hour.

[h1]Capcom announces 2v2 fighter sequel Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite for PS4, out 2017[/h1]

Captain Marvel, Mega Man X, Ryu and more clash in franchise crossover, developed on Unreal Engine 4

In case you missed our announcement at PlayStation Experience, Marvel and Capcom have joined forces once again to bring you the next epic chapter in our highly acclaimed crossover series with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite! Universes collide with fun, frantic player-vs-player battles. Check out the announcement trailer for a first look at Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.

[h3]Overview[/h3]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multiplayer content for new players and long-time fans alike.

In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the centre of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

[h3]Features[/h3]
  • Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favourite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
  • Infinite power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into player’s’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
  • Iconic heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favourite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.

• Cinematic story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
  • Accessible single player content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
  • Vast multiplayer features: robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.

• Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will release on PlayStation 4 in Europe in late 2017.

We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and You Tube for all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

Good thing that the rumors on mvc4 were true! 8)
Akuma looks pretty good glad they kept his familiar moves. Looks like he has 2 critical arts? Maybe they will add 2 for eveyone??
Does the fifth silhouette look like Blanka??? I'm hoping so :nerd:

Does the fifth silhouette look like Blanka??? I'm hoping so 
The leg looks like it's a little too thin for Blanka. I don't know if "5 entirely new characters" means characters that weren't in a SF game before. Anyway, the second silhouette looks like T-Hawk.. Or Haggar? The fourth one could be Sakura. The first one looks like someone in fine clothes with his hands behind his back, don't know who that could be. The third one is impossible to guess. Hoping that it's Q, somehow..

Anyway...

Last edited:
I'm so conflicted right now.

MvC "infinite" as of right now...seems trash. 2v2??? We left that in '98, how disrepctful. But the title is a clear indication that it's separating itself from its predecessors. And with Iron Man and Captain Marvel, the 2 heroes that the MCU has been pushing heavily as the characters representing the Marvel side, those "no Xmen" rumors might be true :frown: :frown: :smh: :rolleyes and if balancing issues in Marvel vs. Capcom weren't a big thing before, adding infinity gems to the mix makes everything that much more unfair...

UMvC3 available today on PSN! This is better than the MvC infinite news!

Akuma looks really good. His new hairstyle is dope but I'll be using his OG. They brought back his hidden Super from 3rd Strike and the raging demon looks like a horror film :wow:. The second season pass looks interesting. I can't make out everyone but I'm about 99% positive the first silhouette is Crimson Viper.

What are y'all doing later? Who wants to get folded up on Street Fighter 5 or UMvC3 tonight? I'm buying UMvC3 AS SOON as I get home and I'm baptizing souls. Any takers? Come come, don't be shy... :lol:

I'm so conflicted right now.

MvC "infinite" as of right now...seems trash. 2v2??? We left that in '98, how disrepctful. But the title is a clear indication that it's separating itself from its predecessors. And with Iron Man and Captain Marvel, the 2 heroes that the MCU has been pushing heavily as the characters representing the Marvel side, those "no Xmen" rumors might be true
frown.gif
frown.gif
mean.gif
eyes.gif
and if balancing issues in Marvel vs. Capcom weren't a big thing before, adding infinity gems to the mix makes everything that much more unfair...

UMvC3 available today on PSN! This is better than the MvC infinite news!

Akuma looks really good. His new hairstyle is dope but I'll be using his OG. They brought back his hidden Super from 3rd Strike and the raging demon looks like a horror film
eek.gif
. The second season pass looks interesting. I can't make out everyone but I'm about 99% positive the first silhouette is Crimson Viper.

What are y'all doing later? Who wants to get folded up on Street Fighter 5 or UMvC3 tonight? I'm buying UMvC3 AS SOON as I get home and I'm baptizing souls. Any takers? Come come, don't be shy...
laugh.gif
Not tonight as I'm going out, but I'll play SF5 tomorrow before NFL games kick off in the morning. PSN ID is NickRico989

MVC Infinite looks a lot like Tatsunoko Vs Capcom for Wii.

I just bought

SFIV Season Pass 2

UMVC3

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

at once. Capcom robbing me blind.
laugh.gif
 I can't believe how good UMVC3 looks in 1080p/60fps. 
eek.gif
 But man, do I suck at that game.

Last edited:
MVC3 will be the new MVC2. :lol:

I'm in desperate need of a PS3 controller converter. Playing Marvel on a PS4 controller is torture.

MVC3 will be the new MVC2.
laugh.gif

I'm in desperate need of a PS3 controller converter. Playing Marvel on a PS4 controller is torture.
Really? I think that the PS4 controller sucks for shooting games, etc. But when it comes to fighting games, it's on point. I bought a Brooke converter so that I could play my PS4 with a XBOX360 joypad, but I discovered that I prefer playing SFV on a PS4 controller even more than this old 360 SFIV fight pad I had, which is specially designed for fighting games:

The new UMVC3 seriously might look better than SFV to me, at least color-wise. I wish there was an option to save your downloaded games on a USB stick, so that you know that you have them years down the line if they get taken off marketplace (which UMVC3 probably will), and even if the entire PlayStation Network disappears for whatever reason. Just like you can play NES games 30+ years later.

I also noticed that there is no Magneto alternate "King of Spain" costume:

But that was to be expected I guess

Last edited:
MVC Infinite is a mixed bag for me.

Game looks early but even still the graphics look good. Animations looking extra stiff like Injustice but its early and SFV and Marvel 3 looked kinda early too

No assists alongside the 2v2 is a big step backwards to make it more accessible but hopefully the instant character switching can still make the combo system versatile.

[rule]

I'm loving the music in the Akuma video. Been playing it over and over.

Here's a longer version of the trailer.

Last edited:
Not tonight as I'm going out, but I'll play SF5 tomorrow before NFL games kick off in the morning. PSN ID is NickRico989

Bet, I've been needinging to add you and @hongcouver604 but just realized I need to renew my PSN subscription. Haven't played my PS4 in about 2 weeks.

Anybody know if season pass 1 for SFV has dropped in price?

someone help me out understand akuma and ryus story. did Ryu ever beat Akuma or what. is akuma only after ryu because he's the only one that can defeat him or give him a good fight

Back
Top Bottom