STREET FIGHTER

Mvc3 had simple mode + auto jump.

But I'm gonna wait this one out for a bit. Gamora does look cool though

More direct feed from SDCC and EVO.

Accessible means easier for beginners. Dumbed down just means the game is too easy.

As for Marvel Infinite, you can't do every combo with one button. Mashing square gives you a basic combo into launcher. To be good you need to master better combos in tandem with the tag mechanics. You can even turn off the easy combos which most pros will do. Watch this breakdown which basically shows that it's not dumbed down.

Also, Marvel 3 had the same thing with simple mode alongside the same complaints of people saying it's been dumbed down. Then the game came out and it wasn't an issue.

6d0120b1ea0bf8dc08df8040af4f5b67.jpg

dumbed down,accessible same **** different toilet. i agree with you that mvc was dumbed down/accessible to beginners as well. I never said it was a problem. homie before me said he noticed alot of rookies/newbies beating veterans at evo this year, i simply said yea that was expected considering street fighter v is more accesible to beginners...it was way easier to pick up. we saw that somewhat with mvc3

Loving Abigail. Like many others, I wasn't thrilled when I saw the character announcement trailer, but now that I've tried him, I really like this addition. Not a fan of his default costume, but I love his battle costume with the dreadlocks.

These huge brawler characters are always polarizing, but some people gotta understand that not every new addition to the roster can be a shoto character. I love how huge he is, it adds a lot of personality to the roster. He will be a niche character that doesn't have many fans, but those that will like him will really like him.

Also, his stage with the statue of liberty in the background might be my favorite stage in the game, certainly of the non-remake stages.

Yea, having a variety of fighting styles is the priority so people saying he looks grotesque made no sense to me. You don't want everyone to be good looking.

Anyway latest video from Max is probably the highlest level gameplay so far.
The Capcom rep is making Dr Strange look dangerous with all those setups.

Yea, having a variety of fighting styles is the priority so people saying he looks grotesque made no sense to me. You don't want everyone to be good looking.

Exactly. He fits perfectly in an ensemble. Definitely not the face of the game type of character, but definitely spices up the roster. In the same way that for example Dhalsim does.

The only problem I have is that they decided to announce a character this polarizing at Evo, the biggest fighting game event of the year. They definitely should've had a more safe choice to announce here. Namco killing it with the Geese Howard announcement didn't help either.

Do you get fight money easily?
That's only three characters worth.

Also there will be another free 30,000 in August so there's that too.

Trying to learn Karin. Real tears :lol:

I have like 300,000 points so I will copp Abigal.

Don't worry, once you learn her you'll be making everyone else cry. Lol. She easily top tier in this game and destroys most of the cast n neutral. Only thing that she sort of lacks is a consistent anti-air without meter. Once you pop V-trigger with her, it could be lights out and her CA is too OP.

Do you get fight money easily?
That's only three characters worth.

Also there will be another free 30,000 in August so there's that too.

It's super easy to get if you do the weekly missions and complete the easy story modes for the characters. The weekly missions are simple and even the ones that you can't decipher can be figured out with a quick YouTube search. I had 300,000 and I haven't done much of the character story modes. Just popped the game in to do the missions and play for a little bit.

Anyways, playing against Abigail is so crazy, dude literally has armor on all his moves, lol. I was hitting him with EX moves while in V-trigger and he was just shrugging them off, lol. I'm going to get into the lab with him ASAP. He just the right amount of overpowered cheap grappler with high damage for me. I'm watching vids about tech folks are finding and I need more cheap things to be found.
tumblr_nj4ir0PiQP1r3wgiio1_400.gif

That's SF5 in general, though. The game is very unforgiving, reminiscent of the old school SF games. 1 or 2 mixups or mistakes/wrong guesses = death. Whoever gets the corner wins usually.

That's SF5 in general, though. The game is very unforgiving, reminiscent of the old school SF games. 1 or 2 mixups or mistakes/wrong guesses = death. Whoever gets the corner wins usually.

lol thats every street fighter. just like in tekken if your back is against a wall 9/10 u toast

^ that's not every sf game. Sf5 is a way more chaotic game than previous SF games. It doesn't reward footsies, zoning or defense. In past games there were invincible reversals and option selects to get out the corner, and mixups aren't as unforgiving as 5. You can literally die off of one wrong guess/sequence if a character has vtrigger

I guess it's just my play style, but I haven't lost against the few Abigails I've fought.

It's not a 8 - 2 matchup. It's just a case of Abi's damage and Akuma's health. People will figure out the match up in time

This was the video I was watching. Momochi vs Sako.
It wasn't as one sided as this video shows. It shows Abi's wins more to showcase the character.

Does anyone know what happened with the player "Unknown" at Evo. Hearing about some embarrassing moment but can't figure out what happened to him.

Edit: Found out what happened. He just got curved by some chick on tape, no big deal. I thought he'd lost in horrible fashion or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom