STREET FIGHTER

They should release Champion Edition for Xbox and Switch. Maximize the games sales. At this point, the game isn’t a system seller or exclusive killer app for Sony.

I’m sure Capcom agreed to some ridiculous exclusivity duration (10+ years) that will outlast the duration of the PS4’s Life Cycle. Remember that they had the marvel license for 10+ years and did nothing with it until they realized it was coming to an end.

If Capcom wants to make it fair, sign that Nintendo Exclusivity deal/backing and bring Power Stone 3 to Switch as the director stated. Give Xbox Dark Stalkers or Star Gladiator. Rival Schools must be on all 3.

Sorry guys, I just went into fantasy world for a second. Carry on.

Gill actually has his back turned on the P1 side. Must be for the his fire and ice moves and the status effects they deal for retribution. Pretty cool

SF6 will be multiplatform but the hope for SFV being on the others has to die. Sony put money into developing the game and also put up some of the cash for the first 2 Capcom Cup prize pools.

They should release Champion Edition for Xbox and Switch. Maximize the games sales. At this point, the game isn’t a system seller or exclusive killer app for Sony.

I think it still has an effect. Anyone into fighters over the lifepsan of this generation of consoles will most likely pick a PS4 because they can get SFV plus all the other titles.
Then you have the brand effect from seeing it in tournaments. etc.

As much as I like PlayStation though, Street Fighter is better off being multiplat with crossplay across the board. Not on Switch though after seeing MK11.

Introduction video is finally out and it's the longest one yet. That Pyron costume at the end :pimp:
I'm sure it will be banned in tournaments but it looks really good.

He's looking like a deep character but whoever master hims will see a lot of success.

I'm sure there will be a few people who will complain that the aura effect will affect their spacing or is too visually distracting.

The beach stage was banned because you couldn't see the feet of the characters and also Birdie's can V-Skill. Same as well with the grass stage Field of Fate.
Dubai stage on the plane is banned because some get motion sickness.

You never know, it might stay though. I remember some competitions banned Seth's mech costume in SFIV because it doesn't show when he used tandem.
Capcom themselves didn't ban it though but it definitely gave the Seth players a slight advantage.

1576102710682.png

I suppose. Stuff like that never bothered me, but I guess it only applies to "pro" players. That Dubai stage is just AWFUL.

I suppose. Stuff like that never bothered me, but I guess it only applies to "pro" players. That Dubai stage is just AWFUL.
Yea, when Money is involved the small details matter.

Anyone watching Capcom Cup this weekend?
Also, what do you guys think about Street Fighter being at the Olympics?

So the IOC has been thinking about adding E-Sports into the Olympics for a while now. They've been seeing how games like League of Legends is drawing million of viewers especially the young crowd.

So for 2020, they've partnered with Intel to host a E-Sports Olympics tournament in the days before the normal Olympics for Street Fighter and Rocket League.
There will be qualifiers before that though for the different countries.

With fighting games being easy to follow and with Street Fighter being the most popular competitive fighter, It got the pick over games like League or Dota.

Capcom made Olympic costumes for every character and I'm sure these are what they're going to use in the tournament so they're taking it seriously.

1576260929698.png

You can See that Cammy, R MIka, Poison, Laura are all covered up so that they can broadcast this on TV.

Personally, I think this could be the start of something big and I'm all for it.
However the comparisons with the normal Olympics and athletes will start coming up so I hope they keep it separate from the actual Olympics.

And Here He is or She is rather :lol:

Seth aka Beth :lol:
S/he looks crazy good. What a way to change the character from SFIV.
Yo that V-Skill that literally gives you the special of your opponent is crazy. It's like Rogue from MvC.
What a way to cap off SFV if these indeed are the two last characters in Gill and Seth.

SFV is pretty much becoming a Marvel game with all these new V skills and overpowered characters.
Majority of the v skills are powerups or throw something on the screen to help you. Like an Assist?? :ohwell:

Since it is a free upgrade i'm a still check it out.

SFV is pretty much becoming a Marvel game with all these new V skills and overpowered characters.
Majority of the v skills are powerups or throw something on the screen to help you. Like an Assist?? :ohwell:

It looks like that in the character trailers but in reality it's still pretty calm compared to Marvel.
Rashid though definitely belongs in a Marvel game.

Kolin's V Skill 2 is a command grab that freezes opponent and their stun bar. :wow:
Yea, she definitely got one of the best new V-Skills.
Bison's though is looking OP.

So happy for Idom. NLBC is consistently the only weekly I'll bother watching and you can tell these really grind it out. Shame about Punk though. Lag or not, historically he has WASHED Idom. Strategically I understood the initial cammy pick but once he started missing dive kicks he shouldve just went straight to Karin. Now hes lost both Evo AND Capcom Cup from the winners side in grand finals. Yikes.

All praises due to IDom.

*D. Wade voice* I love it...

Really happy that IDom won. He went from the guy who was focused on school and never went to tournaments because of that and fear of flying to Capcom Cup champion. What a season for him.
That 250K plus is a life changer. Hopefully he gets sponsored too so we can see him more.

Punk again choking in big grand finals he really should be closing out. Still though he walks away with 50K but he really needs to see a mental coach in the future or something.

Rashid really in Marvel now with those air dashes. :smh:

Bison's V-Skill 2, don't know how that got the greenlight. It's safe on block too :lol:

I can see loads of people jumping back to Laura because of her V skill 2 mix-up potential.

Gill already looking like a beast and its only day 1. Will be interesting to see how he holds up defensively and in tournaments

Back
Top Bottom