STREET FIGHTER

Really liking the remix to his theme song.
Hoping to see some hype matches with moves he's stolen.

Honda is the sole reason I’m buying the pass. Lucia looks fun but bland. Fire kicks? We couldn’t get Fei Long then? And we have enough Final Fight characters, Poison has never been fun to play

i just run with Alex lol. I do the challenges with everyone but this game is just to hard for me to learn a character in actual online play.

I’d love to run Honda and Cammy but my brain struggles with this game :lol:

some of this costumes in SF :lol: I can’t even tell where their body begins and ends.

kind of frustrating

Being quarantined has had me start playing Ultra again. Dope *** game, still holds up.

If anyone wants to add for some casual (or semi competitive) matches, throw me an invite (PSN: YUNGC). I also play anniversary edition, and Tekken 7 in case anyone wants to run a few matches. No SFV though sorry folks.

Not sure if anyone cares or not, but Traxxamillion just dropped a beat album remixing the Street Fighter 2 music. Dope beats.

Crazy the amount of SF news.

The two-year initial development of SFV w realistic graphics.

The announced season and DLC due to delays with SF6.

Capcom needs to follow the Warner/Netherrealm model.

i hope my PS4 fightsticks work for SF6 on the PS5...i heard you can use PS4 accessories on PS4 backward compatible games but not on PS5 games...

with that being said...i wonder if SF6 will be releases on the PS4?

I’m intrigued to see if he does go help Riot with Project L/LOL Fighting game...

i hope my PS4 fightsticks work for SF6 on the PS5...i heard you can use PS4 accessories on PS4 backward compatible games but not on PS5 games...

with that being said...i wonder if SF6 will be releases on the PS4?

Doubt it releases on the 4, but I believe fight sticks have already been confirmed to work on PS5.

Not sure if you fellas follow MVC2, but Jwong and Duc had a few matches over the weekend and it was :pimp:. Obviously Jwong is still relentless, but Duc's Spiral and Cable were pretty damn impressive. Felt inspired and dusted off my arcade stick and played a few matches online.

Not sure if you fellas follow MVC2, but Jwong and Duc had a few matches over the weekend and it was :pimp:. Obviously Jwong is still relentless, but Duc's Spiral and Cable were pretty damn impressive. Felt inspired and dusted off my arcade stick and played a few matches online.

Can’t wait to see if arcade 1up drops a mvc2 cabinet next year

It's like this dude is never rusty on old games.
I can't even develop the muscle memory for 1 game not to talk of being good in games like SF2 turbo and Alpha 2.

Crazy the amount of SF news.

The two-year initial development of SFV w realistic graphics.

The announced season and DLC due to delays with SF6.

Capcom needs to follow the Warner/Netherrealm model.

The MK/Injustice competitive scene is not thriving like the SF scene.
That 2 year cycle they have between each MK and Injustice game kills off the old game real quick.

I prefer having 1 game every 5 years or per console generation that has time to mature and get fine tuned.

Capcom ideally should release 1 SF and 1 MvC game per generation and if there's budget then one of their other IPs like Rival Schools or Darkstalkers.

The MK/Injustice competitive scene is not thriving like the SF scene.
That 2 year cycle they have between each MK and Injustice game kills off the old game real quick.

I prefer having 1 game every 5 years or per console generation that has time to mature and get fine tuned.

Capcom ideally should release 1 SF and 1 MvC game per generation and if there's budget then one of their other IPs like Rival Schools or Darkstalkers.

I kinda agree with your statement of keeping the SF and MVC 1 per console generation.(With a little bit of cross platforming in there) So far they pretty much have if you think about it: SF - NES, SF2 - SNES, SFA - PS, SF3 - Dreamcast, SFIV - PS3, SFV - PS4/ MVC - PS, MVC2 - DC, MVC3 - PS3, MVCI - PS4.

It’s crazy that capcom pimped out all these fighters during the 90s Fighting Game craze and now just let them sit because of Street Fighter.

Darkstalkers would be tougher to bring back due to the similar Mechanics to SF. My picks would be Rival Schools as their 3D Fighter (maybe make it a little more realistic without the vertical jumps and closer to a Tekken Tag/DOA, but with projectiles) or Power Stone (where they can compete with that Smash Brothers Market of Party Fighters). If they did take my advice on Rival Schools, I would miss the air juggles, but I think it’d help in today’s competitive scene, thus making more money for them.

All in all, they need to do something with those franchises. Hell, I’d even take them bringing back some Star Gladiator at this point. Give us something fun or at least some ports.

Almost hit Gold tank last night but I got greedy and kept playing when I should have stopped. Started running into all sorts of foolishness :smh:

high level Dhalsims etc. :lol:

I kinda agree with your statement of keeping the SF and MVC 1 per console generation.(With a little bit of cross platforming in there) So far they pretty much have if you think about it: SF - NES, SF2 - SNES, SFA - PS, SF3 - Dreamcast, SFIV - PS3, SFV - PS4/ MVC - PS, MVC2 - DC, MVC3 - PS3, MVCI - PS4.

It’s crazy that capcom pimped out all these fighters during the 90s Fighting Game craze and now just let them sit because of Street Fighter.

Darkstalkers would be tougher to bring back due to the similar Mechanics to SF. My picks would be Rival Schools as their 3D Fighter (maybe make it a little more realistic without the vertical jumps and closer to a Tekken Tag/DOA, but with projectiles) or Power Stone (where they can compete with that Smash Brothers Market of Party Fighters). If they did take my advice on Rival Schools, I would miss the air juggles, but I think it’d help in today’s competitive scene, thus making more money for them.

All in all, they need to do something with those franchises. Hell, I’d even take them bringing back some Star Gladiator at this point. Give us something fun or at least some ports.

I think the reason they're sitting is because of money. Capcom got burnt by Street Fighter x Tekken so they're being extra careful with their money. Monster Hunter and Resident Evil will get more budget than their fighting games.

Games are also a lot more expensive. Gone are the days of using a sprite from one game on loads of games.

1598536232854.png

You're going to have make brand new 3D models for every character and stages as well. Then there's online play which comes with it's own challenges.

I think with good management, Capcom can make the next SF and Marvel successful and use their success to bring back one of their older IP's but it will take time.
Their last runaway success was SF4. Everything after that just had a lot of issues that could've been prevented.

Rival Schools will be good addition. Capcom has the best animators in fighting games. That plus those crazy air combos will put it in a unique position so people won't think it's a Tekken clone.

Excited to see what they do with Akira since the Producer said they will bring a lot of the gameplay mechanics from Rival Schools.

Back
Top Bottom