STREET FIGHTER

What I don’t like is how the game defaults to Luke and modern controls in battle hub. You got to Wade through options to figure out how to change it.

Finally got my 8-bit Do M30 to work with the game. So much better with six button face. I wish I had two screens or printed character guides. I can’t wait till the full game comes out.

I loved the preview of World Tour we got. Only negative is that level 8 computer lol 🤬

So far my big gripes is A) the full game isn’t out and B) don’t feel like they did enough with the graphics (even though they’re decent). Feel like MK 12 bout to come and crush the buildings.

Yea it took me 2-3 games before i realized how to change characters and change the control setup. After that ive been good.

The Ps5 dpad is killing my thumb though. Dont feel like i had this issue at all with SF4 and the ps4 controller. My inputs are reading wrong frequently too. Im running Ryu for the whole beta and an unexpected uppercut when doing the fire ball input has cost me multiple games now.

Yea it took me 2-3 games before i realized how to change characters and change the control setup. After that ive been good.

The Ps5 dpad is killing my thumb though. Dont feel like i had this issue at all with SF4 and the ps4 controller. My inputs are reading wrong frequently too. Im running Ryu for the whole beta and an unexpected uppercut when doing the fire ball input has cost me multiple games now.
King of Fighter 99 on PS1 burned and ruined me playing with the my thumb tip/print area. I was obsessed and wanted to keep playing, so I adapted to using my under knuckle (right below the thumb print area). I've been playing fighters for the last 20+ years like that.

Is there a way to you know…..just play? Im not really feeling the metaverse-esque lobby.
Nope, I tried. Was in practice and someone interrupted me every time. I don't care for online play, but I was bodying the people who showed up.

A lot of people are playing modern controls. I'll mess around with it when I get the game, but I've been played SF's 6 button layout for almost 30 years now. Hard to change, but I see why pro's like it. Timing is everything and that split second difference will have a lot of pro's playing modern at EVO.

Didn’t play this round of beta much. I just wanted to practice and am at the point where I want to see the rest of the characters and World Tour. Two more weeks to go.

I agree with the tournament ban because there should be a required same level playing field, but overall I agree with the tweet below for gameplay purposes.

I know modern is there to attract casuals (those in the Smash community, anime arena fighters and even some 3D players) and have a lower barrier of entry point to those individuals. I believe Capcom is preparing for what's to come with Project L, which is looking like it's going to take the modern control scheme to the next level.

While I don't plan to play modern, I'm going to learn it for sure because as with all things gaming, you either adapt or play your retro games.

A possible solution is having main stage EVO SF6 be classic controls and a side tourney be modern. If the side tourney picks up over time, have two tourneys and have the winners face off. Maybe that should happen at CEO first to work out the kinks.

Got to Platinum-2 rank before the beta ended.

I really like how they set your rank in the beginning. You can choose what skill level you’re at and after 10 unranked games it’ll assign you a rank based on how many of the 10 you won. Hope they keep that approach when it goes live since it saves the trouble of having to start from Bronze.

Was out of town so missed this beta but im def ready. We are having a a launch party at a bar here in town that night but i gotta be somewhere at 7 am the next morning. May just risk it anyway

Xbox apparently has the better version of King of Fighters 15 as well. Could we be seeing that 360 resurgence of most players opting for Xbox? Probably not, Sony won something serious last console generation.

On Xbox if you go to My Games and Apps you can download it there.

Xbox. I mentioned in this thread before the Ps5 dpad was hurting my thumb so i opted to get it on Xbox. Also noticed i had less laggy games during the Beta on Xbox compared to PS.

Oh Xbox?

5FF80B03-2F25-4AD2-8E84-D5954B202E88.gif

Back
Top Bottom