Study links teen marijuana use to IQ decline

............... all I gotta say is when I'm watching TV and I hear that commercial that says "may cause blindness, diarrhea, temporary loss of hearing etc....."

and these are the drugs that are OK for us?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll take the IQ decline.
Exactly. Soda and long term television watching does more harm to you than weed. Let alone some of this **** the doctors are giving us.

eyes.gif

obama smoked bud.... clearly he failed.
phelps smoked bud clearly he failed
clinton smoked bud....
yo its common because its common. its in everyones lives... and all the stupid studies in the world aren't going to say otherwise and I'm not even a smoker, I just tried it in school.
Study is equivalent to "eggs being good for you 5 years ago bad for you now so lets just wait another 5....
Clinton allegedly did it one time and "didn't inhale."

We don't know what age Obama started smoking (the study states that there was no IQ drop in users that started smoking after 18), nor do we know how much he actually smoked.

Should marijuana be legal for recreational use? Of course...but there ARE adverse effects that arise from regular use, and they should be publicized if they're proven to be true. 

Don't berief it...too many variables...but I could understand how it could effect someone that smoked regularly @ 13-16 while their body was still growing.

I used to smoke a fair amount in college. I definitely experienced some short term memory loss :lol. My grades didn't go down though.

The study drew on survey data from more than 1,000 people in New Zealand, everyone born in the town of Dunedin during a year-long span ending in 1973. In addition to IQ tests, they were interviewed five times between ages 18 and 38, including questions related to their marijuana use.

At age 18, 52 participants indicated they had become dependent on marijuana, meaning that they continued to use it despite its causing significant health, social or legal problems. Ninety-two others reported dependence starting at a later age.

Researchers compared their IQ scores at age 13 to the scores at age 38 and found a drop only in those who had become dependent by 18.

:lol Where's the real research report on the study? Any links because based on this article, this is garbage! Here's the facts per 2006 census:

http://www.stats.govt.nz/Census/200...APlace/SnapShot.aspx?tab=Education&id=2000071

Dunedin, New Zealand Population = 118K

Education:

Total population aged 15 years and over
41.2 percent of people aged 15 years and over in Dunedin City have a post-school qualification, compared with 39.9 percent of people throughout New Zealand.
In Dunedin City, 21.3 percent of people aged 15 years and over have no formal qualifications, compared with 25.0 percent for New Zealand as a whole.

So let me get this straight... 1,000 people was the sampled population where, on average, 213 of those sampled had no post secondary school education(college). So IQ tests showed declining results between ages 13 to age 38 for those 52 participants that had become dependent on marijuana by age 18? So this study is based off those 52 people and all 52 showed declining IQ tests? Hmmmmm :rolleyes

IMO this is just another example of "reefer madness" propaganda!

If you have to take Abilify, there's something seriously wrong with your mind to begin with.
IM JUST SAYING,,,, DOCS WILL PRESCRIBE YOU WITH SOMETHING AS CRAZY AS AMBILIFY WHICH WILL KILL YOU, BUT THE FEDS WONT LEGALIZE MARY JANE BASED OFF OF PREJUDICE AND OTHER FISCAL REASONS I WONT COVER...

IM JUST SAYING,,,, DOCS WILL PRESCRIBE YOU WITH SOMETHING AS CRAZY AS AMBILIFY WHICH WILL KILL YOU, BUT THE FEDS WONT LEGALIZE MARY JANE BASED OFF OF PREJUDICE AND OTHER FISCAL REASONS I WONT COVER...
I agree that marijuana should be legal for medicinal and recreational purposes, but schizophrenia and bipolar disorder will drastically increase the odds of an individual committing suicide. For every one case of someone having terrible adverse reactions, there's thousands upon thousands of others that benefit greatly from these medications.

according to most people i know that frequently smoke marijuana, there are no negative side effects. therefore, this can't be true.

u ever seen the back of a $20 bill?

u ever seen the back of a $20 bill.........on weed?

red team go, read team go

Back
Top Bottom