SUITS APPRECIATION VOL USA

that`s honestly an entertaining finale. weak, but still good. Hoping for a better winter season. Jessica leaving is a good move.

mike as a consultant tho? :x

there's no mroe suspense here.

Even though people have already posted publicly on the subject.....
Warning: Contains spoilers for Suits episode 610, "P.S.L."

In Wednesday's shocking summer finale, Suits said farewell to Jessica Pearson, the sharp-tongued -- and even sharper-dressed -- managing partner at Pearson Specter Litt played by Gina Torres.

A fan favorite over the last six years for her badass takedowns, unflappable confidence, admirable loyalty, and endearing vulnerability, Jessica has been a huge part of Suits' success.

And now she's gone.

Torres, whose character left her New York-based firm to pursue a new life in with her love interest Jeff Malone (D.B. Woodside) in Chicago, shared her feelings about leaving the show.

“Playing Jessica Pearson has been one of the greatest rides of my career," Torres said in a statement. "It isn't often that an actress gets the opportunity to embody so rich a character. Thanks to Aaron Korsh's wonderful writing and his singular vision of Jessica, I believe that together we created a woman who has everything. Real power, wealth, intelligence, intuitive wisdom, humor, unapologetic female sexuality and, arguably, the best wardrobe in all of television.

"Because of all these qualities, I have not only been able to entertain Suits fans but, with much pride and awe, I can say I have also inspired quite a few future Jessicas as well as shined a light on real-life Jessica Pearsons who are out in the world at this very moment, owning their place at the head of the table -- not unlike our real Queen at USA/Universal Cable Productions, Bonnie Hammer, a force of nature who has been one of Jessica's biggest fans and supporters, as well as a true blessing in my own life as an example of what grace in power looks like. And that is a glorious thing."

While Suits is set in New York City, the actual production takes place in Toronto for months at a time.

"And so leaving the show was indeed a difficult decision to make," Torres stated. "However at this time, it is necessary to get back to my life and all the very important things that being on location in Toronto made very difficult to manage."

The distance means Jessica won't have regular appearances on Suits anymore, but who's to say she won't show up from time to time?

"I can't thank USA enough for being so understanding and supporting me in my choice and so I am incredibly grateful," continued Torres, "Having said that, I don't believe for one second it's the last we'll see of Jessica Pearson. Not. For. One. Second. And don't you either.”

NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Chairman Bonnie Hammer says Torres can come back to Suits anytime. 

"Gina took a fantastic character and ran with it, deepened it, and dressed it up to the nines," Hammer stated on behalf of USA Network. "Not only will I miss her personally, I’ll miss her contribution to the show’s great chemistry, which is why the door will always be WAY open for her return.”

Creator and showrunner Aaron Korsh echoed the sentiment that Torres will always be a member of the Suits family.

“Gina Torres brought Jessica Pearson to life for six wonderful seasons with intelligence, strength, tenacity and grace," Korsh said in an official statement about Torres' departure from the show. "There is no color of the rainbow she cannot portray, no scene she cannot dominate. She is an amazing actress, a wonderful human being, and an utter pleasure to work with.

"The decision for Gina to exit Suits was a personal choice based on the geography of where shooting takes place versus the life she needed to focus on closer to home. We worked together to come up with a plan to gracefully allow her to move on from the show and be happy. But no matter where she goes, as far as I'm concerned, Gina is part of the Suits family, and she can come back whenever she wants. As I said to her recently, she is a rare combination of talent and class and I would go to war with her any day of the week and twice on Sunday."

wow. yeah i noticed the script and the situations have gotten glaringly corny and bad this season. In the past they got away with stuff but this season is just bleh.

I thought the writing and the acting was fantastic last night.  Its obvious I like the show more than some of you on here, but I dont understand the complaints about last night.  Great episode.  

Word. She's an actor. A good one in relative demand. They're all use to being in location for long periods. I don't know if they live in N.Y. or Cali but with her husband in L.A. filming Blackish the fam is usually a part when they work.

I know Toronto is quite a ways away but c'mon :lol:

Don't be surprised if everything she said is contradicted when she takes up a new role that mainly films in India or some wild far place :lol:

Last edited:
I thought the writing and the acting was fantastic last night.  Its obvious I like the show more than some of you on here, but I dont understand the complaints about last night.  Great episode.  

Bro, we all love the show.
Its a small little cult following thread with mostly the same posters for 6 years :lol:

Its not like we just been complaining for 6 years straight, show was straight FIRE for YEARS man.
Its a downfall.

It doesnt mean we arent entertained, were still invested and entertained.
But man, you gotta keep it real at the writing deficiencies being displayed recently.

Luis proposing to a women who is pregnant with another boyfriend man? Really?
You think thats great writing for a television show based on suspense in the court room and law realm?
Dude being that unrealistic of a simp? :smh: :lol:

Thats all some of us are saying. Its the truth, that is pathetic character development for a character so many of us have rooted for.
NO ONE is rooting for that, how can you honestly with a straight face say you are? :lol:

Word. She's an actor. A good one in relative demand. They're all use to being in location for long periods. I don't know if they live in N.Y. or Cali but with her husband in L.A. filming Blackish the fam is usually a part when they work.

I know Toronto is quite a ways away but c'mon :lol:

Don't be surprised if everything she said is contradicted when she takes up a new role that mainly films in India or some wild far place :lol:

Nah, she literally just took a job with ABC's "The Catch", which mostly films in Texas, this morning :lol:
yeah i know, funny timing right? She "just" got offered the job the day after the finale airs, just by coincidence :lol:

She could still film both or they prolly have her scenes for next season as well. SMH if Jessica is really gone :smh:

This could've been the show finale and i wouldve been fine. Is there really still 1.5 seasons left? 
:lol:  @ hiring Mike as a consultant. That should've been the move to begin with.
:wow:

This never even crossed my mind!

I wonder how events would've played out?

Still on board with the show. I think it would have benefited greatly if the first half were trimmed to 8 episodes to avoid some filler but by the mid-season finale I felt there was enough of a payoff that made it worth tuning in to see how they finish S6 for me personally.

Wow............ These last three episodes. Fire, saved the season. It's definitely the worst one though.

Last edited:
Just got caught up.....Jessica left!!!! Bruh, when I think of her I instantly smell cocoa butter and nice perfume :lol:. I think she comes back before the series ends though. She is a beautiful women and and great actor!

Last edited:
glad its back...

i caught up on all 86 episodes, from my last post, in a little over a month 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

i have too much time on my hands 

Back
Top Bottom