Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I don't see how the Saints are underdogs. I'm kinda worried about Indy's secondary.

But you already know...

Lets go Colts
pimp.gif

wow, look at your sig.

eyes.gif

Given the 2 teams in it, I think Ill be rooting for the Saints since they have never won a SB.  Hope its a good game and I wouldn't really feel bad if the Colts ended up winning.  This is the first SB in a long time where I don't hate one or both of the teams.  I don't mind either one of these squads.

As someone alluded to early...I think we are gonna get a healthy dosing of Archie Manning and the Manning family story over the next two weeks.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I don't see how the Saints are underdogs. I'm kinda worried about Indy's secondary.

But you already know...

Lets go Colts
pimp.gif

wow, look at your sig.

eyes.gif

While you're at it just add this to your sig..

Any Team That Has Ever Won A Championship. EVER.

roll.gif
@ my dude brady being talked about more than the SB in this thread
smh.gif

anyway...im rooting for the saints...but i don't see manning losing this game.

CBS and the NFL got what they wanted...

A dome team happy to be there, and an icon QB going for Super Bowl #2. 1998 all over again...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

CBS and the NFL got what they wanted...

A dome team happy to be there, and an icon QB going for Super Bowl #2. 1998 all over again...
smh.gif

really?
laugh.gif

The NFL didn't want Favre vs Manning AT ALL right?

anyway, Manning is my fav Non-Saint so If he bodies us it won't hurt as bad. Should be a good game. Can't believe we're one W from being champs. Crazy.

Manning throws for 780 yards and 10 TD's (5 of them thrown to himself) as the colts win.

laugh.gif
But really, should be a good game. Colts win it 35-27 though.

The Saints have a legit chance, even against Manning. Top 10 team running the ball and passing the ball, and the Colts certainly have gone against mediocre passing attacks in the playoffs so far. You look at the teams who have given the Colts some close calls this season, the Pats and Texans, both have a dynamic passing game. If the Saints bring the pressure like they did today and knock Manning around, they can definitely win it.

This game is going to be crazy as hell.

Manning versus Brees. Advantage Manning but Brees has been solid all year.
Colts secondary versus Saints receivers.
sick.gif
Colston, big play Henderson, Meachem, Shockey...
smh.gif

First Reed, then Revis, now Sharper.
smh.gif
Still, Manning working with Wayne/Clark/Garcon/Collie = A Problem
Roby (Indy native)/Bush on special teams...gotta contain that.
The running game is relatively even, IMO. Thomas/Bell/Bush don't do anything spectacular on a regular basis...but neither do Addai/Brown.
These O lines give Peyton and Drew all day to throw, regularly. Going to be a high scoring game.

The only thing I saw with the Saints is that they weren't capitalizing on all of the Vikings turnovers. Leaves room for error...but Peyton doesn't make too many mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom