Supplied PDX busted in Nike counterfeit ring

Joints is fake point blank please show me theses "true grey market" shoes I'll wait ....if they come from the same factories why do they have different materials ??? How many dissection videos do you idiots need ?? Like this can't be argued it's been proven...it's a FACT they use different materials

Like I said, true grey market shoes exist. Just not in any capacity that the average buyer can get them.

"While working at Nike, Yamaguchi ordered promotional and sample sneakers from a Nike factory in China and took them from Nike's headquarters in Beaverton, prosecutors said. After Yamaguchi quit, Ho took over his job and the scheme continued with Yamaguchi acting as the middleman in the sales of the stolen shoes, prosecutors said."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2014/12/ex-nike_employee_pleads_guilty.html

But I'll make this clear, the true grey market shoes are not the shoes that you can just go on any website and buy in any size and any color. Real grey market shoes come from inside Nike and stay inside Nike until the point of sale. The ones in this story were basically sold out of the front door Beaverton directly.

Last edited:
Like I said, true grey market shoes exist. Just not in any capacity that the average buyer can get them.

"While working at Nike, Yamaguchi ordered promotional and sample sneakers from a Nike factory in China and took them from Nike's headquarters in Beaverton, prosecutors said. After Yamaguchi quit, Ho took over his job and the scheme continued with Yamaguchi acting as the middleman in the sales of the stolen shoes, prosecutors said."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2014/12/ex-nike_employee_pleads_guilty.html

But I'll make this clear, the true grey market shoes are not the shoes that you can just go on any website and buy in any size and any color. Real grey market shoes come from inside Nike and stay inside Nike until the point of sale. The ones in this story were basically sold out of the front door Beaverton directly.
what you're describing is samples didn't know they were referred as that ..and I agree

Last edited:
I'm not sure where people put credence on genuine materials too - you can buy those sorts of leather or fabric for legit purposes - Nike won't be manufacturing everything from scratch. So, just because you can buy the same leather and cut it into approximately the same shape doesn't really help with anything - it's just someone putting a bit more effort into sourcing quality materials for their counterfeit version.

Stolen samples? Unless the mythological 3rd shift exist. Like the food story above it would seem there would be extras on any particular run that might disappear. Unless management is complicit how would a factory run unknown?

I wonder how long until the rest of them get caught..

A couple others are low-key, but they are bad too.

Last edited:
what you're describing is samples didn't know they were referred as that ..and I agree

They're still shoes that were made without nikes authorization, whith nikes resources. Hence why they're true grey market shoes. Sample or not.

I'm not sure where people put credence on genuine materials too - you can buy those sorts of leather or fabric for legit purposes - Nike won't be manufacturing everything from scratch. So, just because you can buy the same leather and cut it into approximately the same shape doesn't really help with anything - it's just someone putting a bit more effort into sourcing quality materials for their counterfeit version.

But the 9/10 out of 10 these places aren't even using the same materials. hence why most models that are counterfeited are always different the same way until the fake factories decide to correct their process and release a new batch without the error. But again to this day you still can't buy a grey market/unauthorized pair of royal 1s that has the correct shade of blue.

Crazy he had the stones to pull that in nikes backyard.

Which is why I hope it puts to bed the notion that because these shoes are made in China, Nike doesn't know what's going on.

Last edited:
But the 9/10 out of 10 these places aren't even using the same materials. hence why most models that are counterfeited are always different the same way until the fake factories decide to correct their process and release a new batch without the error. But again to this day you still can't buy a grey market/unauthorized pair of royal 1s that has the correct shade of blue.

I don't disagree with you at all - most places are just getting leather/fabric that's close enough - but even if you went to the same leather supplier and bought the same stuff it doesn't make your product legit.

I don't disagree with you at all - most places are just getting leather/fabric that's close enough - but even if you went to the same leather supplier and bought the same stuff it doesn't make your product legit.

I agree. Luckily we're not in an age where anyone's making 1:1 replica shoes materials wise and selling them in large numbers. Nike is able to make shoes as cheaply (for them selves) as they do because they have the ability to make massive amounts. The fake factories aren't even touching any where close to Nikes output which makes me highly doubt they're going 1:1 on materials and taking those cost hits. But that doesn't mean they don't have access to comparable materials that may look the same to the eye but don't have the same properties.

Except
Nike itself is telling whats going on..straight from da Horse's mouth.

Things i been telling ya this for years.
Thats the thing. They dont have those spots that get kicks super early and 99 percent of those kicks are indistinguishable from the real pairs... there are levels to this grey market thing...

i've seen dudes rocking fake xi's not knowing they were fake, probably spent 300 and is enjoying the shoe...

know when u see sites selling kicks for 98.99 expect an inferior product... 

Thats the thing. They dont have those spots that get kicks super early and 99 percent of those kicks are indistinguishable from the real pairs... there are levels to this grey market thing...

i've seen dudes rocking fake xi's not knowing they were fake, probably spent 300 and is enjoying the shoe...

know when u see sites selling kicks for 98.99 expect an inferior product... 

Yeah, Indistinguishable with eachother. But not indistinguishable from real pairs. And I'm not even talking about the small differences from pair to pair. I'll admit that XI's are probably the best faked Retros out there. And there are definitely different grades of fakes but even the highest grade fake still isn't 100% the same. But don't think because "the plug" is selling them for $300 they're not the same $150 kicks in the "authentic" section of the rep websites. But as good or bad as they maybe they're still not grey market. They're not of Nike or from Nike. Shops specifically making fake shoes are pumping these out. If they're good enough for some people that's fine, but the lie that people are getting some kind of secret Nike product early needs to stop.

Last edited:
Yeah, Indistinguishable with eachother. But not indistinguishable from real pairs. And I'm not even talking about the small differences from pair to pair. I'll admit that XI's are probably the best faked Retros out there. And there are definitely different grades of fakes but even the highest grade fake still isn't 100% the same. But don't think because "the plug" is selling them for $300 they're not the same $150 kicks in the "authentic" section of the rep websites. But as good or bad as they maybe they're still not grey market. They're not of Nike or from Nike. Shops specifically making fake shoes are pumping these out. If they're good enough for some people that's fine, but the lie that people are getting some kind of secret Nike product early needs to stop.

:nerd:

If the product was exactly the same as the ones sold in fl finish line etc...would u have a problem with buying it from an unauthorized dealer????????????

If the product was exactly the same as the ones sold in fl finish line etc...would u have a problem with buying it from an unauthorized dealer????????????
yes. They should go the moncler route and have that authentic tag on each pair, wouldn't mind paying nike even more for that :lol:

yes. They should go the moncler route and have that authentic tag on each pair, wouldn't mind paying nike even more for that
laugh.gif
but that authentic tag will get bootlegged and the cycle continues. 

You sound mad though.

This is what I'm getting from that article, Nike is essentially saying....

These companies we hire to mass produce our products have employee's that are illegally producing more then the agreed quantity so they can sell those extra pairs to consumers for personal profit.

Now how in the hell does that make them fake? They're made by the same people who make the "authorized" versions, using the same exact techniques, materials in the same exact location......But because Nike authorized 100 pairs to be made and somehow 200 were made those extra 100 are now fake? 

I sound mad? Whose alt is this? If you want to cop fakes go right ahead son.

Cats steady been copping fakes for years and are in their feels every time this topic gets brought up yet the folks speaking honestly are somehow mad or hating.

I'm good bruh, :lol:. Stress free over here. You're obviously feeling some type of way waking up everyday to a closet full of regret.

Last edited:
understanding da nuance of da situation is very important, im not defending da events, i just want da story to be told properly.

Lumping everything as "meh fake" and not giving it a second look to why its happening is a very lazy view of it.
Quality ≠ legality

Cuz a grey market could literally mean who's LEGALLY able to produce da same exact shoe.

Think of Thor's Hammer...if you're authorized factory then you pick up da Mjölnir..if u aint got Nike's Blessing then you can't... Or at least you're not supposed to.

If Capcom developers decided tomorrow it was going to make Marvel Vs Capcom 4...without Disney's consent, they'd essentially be making a grey market product, doesn't matter that they actually created da first 3 of em and you didn't have to worry about playing a quality product, because since Disney hasn't Green lit it, Capcom profiting from such a Game would be illegal.

Thats where grey market kicks fall under legal jurisdiction.

They're overtly illicit and illegal, IDK why you're even pointing that out. Hence the Fed probe and Nike going hard in the paint with their own private investigators.

They're fake, if they don't have Nike's authorization they're fake. No grey area at all. You're free to see this as a nuance but just because all the materials are the same and they're coming from the same place, doesn't mean they're authentic.

Authenticity is more than just materials and process.

If folks want to cop fakes, more power to them. My only issue with folks who do that is when they decide to turn around and try to pass those fakes off as the genuine article and try to sell them.

Back
Top Bottom