Supplied PDX busted in Nike counterfeit ring

"Fakes have come so far, pretty soon we won't be able tell them Apart from from the authentics"

Cats have been saying this since 2008 but the legit check thread is still poppin.

"Fakes have come so far, pretty soon we won't be able tell them Apart from from the authentics"

Cats have been saying this since 2008 but the legit check thread is still poppin.
this is why I don't pay resell for my personal pairs if I can avoid it. Ain't the money but my fear of fakes, very anal about it

Can someone post a pic of a grey market sneaker that looks authentic.

Only ones round me are obviously fake and ive never seen one that fooled me

Im saying, you'll see that article about home boy straight from nike making grey market look see samples and STILL call em fake when they deserve alot more backstory.

I remember WAAAAY back some cat was selling fake P.E.'s and that **** hit da fan years ago in da JB forums. Da kicks were real, but da things that made em P.E's were off.

I cant even tell u homeboy's name but it was a major player, im sure ya someone will link da story.

There's no doubt all these illegal cats also deal with bread and butter fakes too.

ill keep it frank thou, all that insider grey market stolen molds, third shift, rogue factories **** is straight fascinating, hence y framing everything on its proper place should be worth doing.

Here's a rogue factory story about New Balance.

http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/01/8375455/index.htm

If you're old enough you'll remember third shift is what originally sunk da OG ewing Brand.

Im saying, you'll see that article about home boy straight from nike making grey market look see samples and STILL call em fake when they deserve alot more backstory.

I remember WAAAAY back some cat was selling fake P.E.'s and that **** hit da fan years ago in da JB forums. Da kicks were real, but da things that made em P.E's were off.

I cant even tell u homeboy's name but it was a major player, im sure ya someone will link da story.

There's no doubt all these illegal cats also deal with bread and butter fakes too.

ill keep it frank thou, all that insider grey market stolen molds, third shift, rogue factories **** is straight fascinating, hence y framing everything on its proper place should be worth doing.

http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/01/8375455/index.htm

If you're old enough you'll remember third shift is what originally sunk da OG ewing Brand.

I remember.

dude was buying every shoe (no matter the condition- think it was the Jordan V) for the tag, and making them appear like MJ PEs

Last edited:

I don't doubt that third shifts are possible at all. I just don't believe what we have wrongly coined grey market shoes are those their shift shoes. The shoes that get supplied was selling weren't those shoes. No one dealing in multiple full size runs of "unauthorized authentic" shoes is pushing anything legit. They're just the current highest grade of bread and butter fakes.

Last edited:
Wasnt there some stuff back in the day about Snuggles being exposed or something? I could be totlally wrong

If the product was exactly the same as the ones sold in fl finish line etc...would u have a problem with buying it from an unauthorized dealer????????????

Flight Club isn't an "authorized dealer" as they don't have a Nike account. No such thing as authorized Nike dealers, just companies and individual stores that have Nike accounts.

There are places that have authentic Nike products but do not have a Nike account, mostly consignment places.

If a place is consistently getting full size runs of Nike/JB product without a Nike account however that isn't a consignment store that IMO is a cause for suspicion.

There's plenty of those kinds of spots in NY and I never shop at any of them. If I can't get it retail from Nike or Finish Line/Foot Locker I stick to reputable resellers and consignment spots.

Last edited:
Flight Club isn't an "authorized dealer" as they don't have a Nike account. No such thing as authorized Nike dealers, just companies and individual stores that have Nike accounts.

There are places that have authentic Nike products but do not have a Nike account, mostly consignment places.

If a place is consistently getting full size runs of Nike/JB product without a Nike account however that isn't a consignment store that IMO is a cause for suspicion.

There's plenty of those kinds of spots in NY and I never shop at any of them. If I can't get it retail from Nike or Finish Line/Foot Locker I stick to reputable resellers and consignment spots.
yup pretty much. and I would be weary of fc myself, they get so much product in daily you'd be surprised how many fakes slip through the cracks and get sold there. I would only buy certain things out of there, such as a pair of kicks I really need that aren't faked like that, for example those ray allen hoh 8s, but cant drop that much on em :lol:, and I need a bigger size in em

This is lumpia

you may have heard of it. It is basically a filipino eggroll.

it is delicious.

My auntie lenore makes exceptional lumpia. The best lumpia you ever had.

She has a store with workers that make da lumpia using her recipe and her ingredients.

they take alot of orders. Alot.

so lets say they get an order if 1000.
They were off with the measurement for the ingredients of that particular order so they have 100 extra.

Well arlene decides to take those extra 100 and sell them to her friends.

Her friends eat them and sure enough they taste exactly like my auntie lenores lumpia. Because they were made with the same ingredients using the same recipe.

The proof is in the lumpia indeed.

unfortunately so is the crime.
bruh ask your tia if she still got them lumpia's for your boy.....
eek.gif

yup pretty much. and I would be weary of fc myself, they get so much product in daily you'd be surprised how many fakes slip through the cracks and get sold there. I would only buy certain things out of there, such as a pair of kicks I really need that aren't faked like that, for example those ray allen hoh 8s, but cant drop that much on em :lol:, and I need a bigger size in em

I've bought a ton of kicks through Flight Club and have been a consignee for nearly a decade. It's all about establishing an open line of communication if you have any concerns.

I've yet to get burned by them. RIF.LA burned me on numerous occasions, not fakes but selling used kicks advertised online as DS. Shady. They seem to be better about that now but a few years ago they were on some shady ****.

Last edited:
I've bought a ton of kicks through Flight Club and have been a consignee for nearly a decade. It's all about establishing an open line of communication if you have any concerns.

I've yet to get burned by them. RIF.LA burned me on numerous occasions, not fakes but selling used kicks advertised online as DS. Shady. They seem to be better about that now but a few years ago they were on some shady ****.
I haven't had the experience with either of them because I don't buy off them that much but I know its something that might occur. I would rather buy off a random person and inspect them before buying at the high markup of fc

I haven't had the experience with either of them because I don't buy off them that much but I know its something that might occur. I would rather buy off a random person and inspect them before buying at the high markup of fc

All about buying at the right time. Copped the duck camos from FCNY when they first got 'em in for like 350, I'll check the receipt/label to see exactly what it was but seeing what they go for now I flourished.

Ditto for the Banned 1s I copped from 'em. Got those for like 600 years ago and turned around and sent 2 of my 3 pairs back in for consignment and ate.

Copped a ton of stuff from them that at the time seemed like a imprudent purchase but now looks like a come up.

Edit: Checked the e-mail, paid 375 for those duck camos + shipping.

Last edited:
All about buying at the right time. Copped the duck camos from FCNY when they first got 'em in for like 350, I'll check the receipt/label to see exactly what it was but seeing what they go for now I flourished.

Ditto for the Banned 1s I copped from 'em. Got those for like 600 years ago and turned around and sent 2 of my 3 pairs back in for consignment and ate.

Copped a ton of stuff from them that at the time seemed like a imprudent purchase but now looks like a come up.
yea sometimes you can catch good deals on them but they are few and far between

Learned a while ago from NT that the site sells fake shoes it's crazy because dude does shoe reviews like damn who can you trust to buy from if you missed out of the initial release [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

The ads were never served by us directly.  Most of the ads on here are served by ad networks, like Google Ad Sense, etc.  These networks tend to be largely automated and were likely unaware of the nature of that business.

Users brought the appearance of these ads to our attention and we asked Huddler/Wikia to do whatever the could to block them from the rotation.  

We've always prohibited the promotion of fake/counterfeit sneakers and illegal activities.  "Grey market" is just a euphemism that delusional fake buyers use to convince themselves that their items are "just as good" as the real thing.  If you're buying from a criminal, you have to be pretty foolish to take the criminal's word when it comes to the origins of their products/materials.  

Obviously Nike has a well known labor problem that results in "ghost shift" merchandise, but it's naive to think that your plug, which offers inexhaustible supplies of shoes that have long since sold out, is exclusively offering "ghost shift" stuff from Nike-contracted factories when those same factories have long since stopped producing those products.  

If illegally sold scrap material assembled after hours with no quality control is your best case scenario, you have a problem.  

Granted, I realize that the thin hope of authenticity is enough for many of those who just need something convincing to impress 15 year olds on Instagram, but we have to set the bar a little higher here.  NikeTalk has always been a respectable community.  Authenticity and integrity matter.

Thanks to everyone who helped us identify and block the Supplied ads, and to everyone who helped raise awareness to prevent their fellow sneaker fans from inadvertently purchasing illegal, counterfeit items.

The ads were never served by us directly.  Most of the ads on here are served by ad networks, like Google Ad Sense, etc.  These networks tend to be largely automated and were likely unaware of the nature of that business.

Users brought the appearance of these ads to our attention and we asked Huddler/Wikia to do whatever the could to block them from the rotation.  

We've always prohibited the promotion of fake/counterfeit sneakers and illegal activities.  "Grey market" is just a euphemism that delusional fake buyers use to convince themselves that their items are "just as good" as the real thing.  If you're buying from a criminal, you have to be pretty foolish to take the criminal's word when it comes to the origins of their products/materials.  

Obviously Nike has a well known labor problem that results in "ghost shift" merchandise, but it's naive to think that your plug, which offers inexhaustible supplies of shoes that have long since sold out, is exclusively offering "ghost shift" stuff from Nike-contracted factories when those same factories have long since stopped producing those products.  

If illegally sold scrap material assembled after hours with no quality control is your best case scenario, you have a problem.  

Granted, I realize that the thin hope of authenticity is enough for many of those who just need something convincing to impress 15 year olds on Instagram, but we have to set the bar a little higher here.  NikeTalk has always been a respectable community.  Authenticity and integrity matter.

Thanks to everyone who helped us identify and block the Supplied ads, and to everyone who helped raise awareness to prevent their fellow sneaker fans from inadvertently purchasing illegal, counterfeit items.
How do you feel about replica luxury cars, purses and watches, psychologically? ...a branding question of course.

Last edited:
Someone long ago was fooled by a pair of high quality fakes and assumed they were real and named them grey market/unauthorized.

Shoes made in Nike factories and 100% authentics being sold by some dude in China is dumb and not gonna happen. It doesn't exist, stop that.

As other know and I've mentioned before years ago I've seen, held, and compared a ton of these HQ fakes. While for the most part they were rather good, anyone who was heavily into sneakers could tell them apart. A hypebeast or someone not into shoes would probably say they were 100% the exact same

Stop falling for these terms and shoes people make up to feel better about their purchases, just like dudes and their UA yeezys [emoji]128514[/emoji]

UA/grey market= 100% fakes

Don't care what anyone says, 99% of this forum and this backing up these fakes prob never even seen any in person. Like I said prior it's been a long time and they probably have gotten a lot better but that doesn't make em authentic, just makes it easier to fool people into kicks and who are naive.

It's not only the product that matters, it's the process and quality control. I doubt these gray market factories take focus in quality control and ensure the exact processes. Most likely cutting corners. They may look the same, but you are most likely gonna get something that's gonna have defects.

Back
Top Bottom